The Amaha Song Blog

Everything Else!
SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: The Amaha Song Blog

Postby SethAmaha » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:53 am

Time to step back into an old but classic GUMI song that just simply love. This is Blue Bird by Toku-P, featuring GUMI.
phpBB [video]

Available on the Exit Tunes Presents Stardom 3 album from CD Japan.

Release on June 29, 2009, just three days after GUMI was first released to the public, this is one of GUMI's oldest songs and classic among her fans. Produced by the talented Toku-P, this is one his best best works and his second song overall.

The theme of the song is a positive jump off with GUMI exclaiming that she is full of energy each step will get her to a higher and higher ground. The song is important for GUMI because it showed that with only a few days to work with, one could produce an honestly beautifully sounding song, even with a Vocaloid that is unfamiliar to the producer. The song has received some generous popularity since its inception and as been marked down as a classic.

I hope you enjoy that beautiful peace of music. I will continue on this series for the rest of the month, showcasing all my favorite songs from GUMI (Of which I have more than plenty of). I hope to see again tomorrow for the next one, bye.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:11 am

phpBB [video]

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:19 pm

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:

Cool. Now that is a song I had not discovered yet. So I just check and found out it is not available on any album. There are a lot of great songs like these that have yet to be put in an album anywhere but it's a treat to find.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:49 am

Lets take a step back and briefly get into the creepy with one of the single most popular Vocaloid songs of all of them all. This Matryoshka by Hachi, featuring Hatsune Miku and GUMI.
phpBB [video]

(I was really struggling to choose which video to choose but finally decided that the original was the only way to go even if it is very creepy)
Available now from the VOCALOID BEST from Nico Nico Douga【Blue album from CD Japan.

Uploaded August 19, 2010 for the 3rd anniversary of Miku, this song is quite literally one of the top 5 Vocaloids songs of all time. It's popularity was so rapid, it got over a million views on NND within days 32, a feat that other popular songs would take either months or a year to reach. The song has inspired several covers and remakes (even for some weird things like South Park and My little Pony for some reason) The song has a very unique aspect as being the only song, featuring GUMI to be used on a Project MIRAI game for which she is present as a guest appearance alongside Miku for this song. (this by the way is a duet you will see a lot of. Again, they have a very strong Rival/Partner relationship)

Like the name of this song Matryoshka, which are the Russian Nesting dolls, this song is full of layers. The lyrics of the song are very nonsensical, causing it to have a multitude of interpretations. The song has a lot of Russian imagery, including allusions to Russian music, philosophers, and psychologists. One interpretation of the song suggests that the duet are being brainwashed by the communist regime, making the duet all the more fitting as they are singing in concert with each other, losing their minds together and following in line with the propaganda. This is but just one of several interpretations but its ambiguity may be part of its populatrity as it has attracted several people to listen to it just to create their own theories on it.

I hope you were able to enjoy the song at the least based on its own merits and hope to see you again tomorrow for more.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:21 pm

Lets step back from Creepy but still keep i=up with the popularity aspect by heading over to GUMI's most popular single. This is Mozaik Role by DECO*27, featuring GUMI.
phpBB [video]

Now available from iTunes.

Uploaded July 15, 2010 by the popular composer DECO*27 who has done other works like 39, Streaming Heart, and Ai Kotoba, this is GUMI's most popular song and of course, DECO*27's best. Its popularity was almost instant, getting views that far outshines even some of the most popular songs in that time or since. Part of popularity is due to both the great song itself and the PV being one of the most well made, being dawned in a very cool anime-esque way (I know its weird to say that, but watching the PV above will make more sense) Since than the song has unsurprisingly collected several covers by both bands and other Vocaloids and has been featured in over half a dozen albums.

The theme of the song is a little dark, albeit understandable. (As a prelude to this it is best to remember that according to some big wigs of her company, GUMI is supposed to be in her late teens). The song is about GUMI reaching out to a one sided love. Her obsession is almost poisonous as she want's to keep her muse all to herself and let no one else near him. The problem is that (it is not really mention which one is it) that the other person either does not know that she likes them and the whole song is a one sided battle with her own delusions or he has rejected her altogether. Either way, this depression sends her in a suicidal tide where she wants to die rather than let her love hate her. Eventually she comes to terms with the reality, kills of the part of her that represents that poisonous love, and as her obsessions begins to disappear, she finally comes back to her senses.

That was a longer explanation for a song than I was expecting but I do hope you enjoy that song. Come back again tomorrow for more on GUMI.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:38 pm

And now time for one of my favorite GUMI songs. This is Life Reset Button by kemu, featuring GUMI.
phpBB [video]

Now available from iTunes.

Uploaded November 7, 2011 this is another one of GUMI's greatest hit and just one of many great kemu songs. It has been featured in half a dozen albums, was featured in currently the only GUMI rhythm game, Megpoid the Music♯, and has had a book written about it.

The song is a bit angsty with GUMI singing about how her life has been a huge disappointment ( I feel ya sister) and wishes, and gets, what she calls a Life Reset Button (Roll Credits) the song has a recurring character in Kaiba-sensei (Time to duel?) who was is theorized to be either God or her inner self asking whether she can reach a meaning to her life. The ending can go either way. It could be either that she has reached her answer and starts a look in life or that she commits suicide (I love GUMI so new start for me)

The song has been covered by pretty much every Utaite worth his salt but by far my favorite is from my favorite Utaite TOUYU
phpBB [video]

Happy to annouce that it is available from iTunes.

I hope you enjoy that song as much as I did and look forward to more from GUMI.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Time to go a little silly with a very rare duo. This is Yī Èr Fanclub (12funclub) by Mikito-P, featuring GUMI and Kagamine Rin.
phpBB [video]

Best place to get is on the VOCALOID Cho BEST -memories- album from CD Japan. Has a lot of great songs in it that is worth the price.

Uploaded August 12, 2012 by the popular composer Mikito-P, this is one of his best works and one of the few with this specific duo. Normally GUMI is paired up with Miku in duets and others if its an ensemble so this pairing is strange to say the least. The song is very popular and has been featured in half a dozen albums.

The song is a cute little piece with GUMI and Rin trying to learn Chinese for the purpose of confessing to a Chinese artist, Rin, being younger and less experienced, takes the role of the student while GUMI takes the role of teacher. The song uses this dynamic most of the way, with GUMI giving Rin several Chinese lines and both of them commenting on Chinese pop culture ( I actually had to do a little research on it since I am not the biggest Chinahead in the world)

Hope you enjoy that little song and hope to se you all again tomorrow for more.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:36 am

This one is going to be a doozie. Continuing with the China theme of last night, time for Panda Hero by Hachi, featuring GUMI.
phpBB [video]

The song is available on the GUMI✝ROCK album from Amazon. (There are only a few more available but highly suggest it, it is one of my favorite albums with some of GUMI's best songs.

Uploaded January 23, 2011 this is Hachi's most notable works and one of the most popular overall for Vocaloids. Covered by practically every single Utaite and their mother (Seriously, if you put Panda Hero on NND you will spend a couple of hours just shifting through all the professional and fan covers of this song) the song has only been available in about 4 different albums, quite low for a song of its popularity. (Just as a heads up, what this song is actually about is so far off of what anyone in their right mind would think, you remember that oh yeah, Japanese producers are crazy.

The lyrics of the song, like any good Vocaloid song, are very ambiguous and can be interpreted in different ways. The most popular theory however, is that this song is actually about an Opium Addict playing baseball.Are we sure Hachi wasn't having some for inspiration when he wrote this? Just to prove this point, the second line of the first stanza translates to Injection needles stuck into a yellow dartboard, and a sewn hand on home base. The song goes on this theme all throughout, going back and forth within the same stanzas between talking out opium and a baseball game. It seems like the so called "Panda Hero" is a pinch hitter who comes into the game with two points behind. He also happens to be so out of it and in his drug that his eyes are just dark, making him look like a panda. (lol what are you people doing to GUMI?)

I honestly don't know if I should laugh more about at that song or be mortified, either way, great song though. Hope you enjoy that piece and look forward to more from GUMI.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:37 am

Because there is no way in hell I will finally get to GUMI without even mentioning my favorite producer, here is Desert Butterfly by monaca:factory, featuring GUMI and Hatsune Miku.
phpBB [video]

Available now from iTunes.This is one of my absolutely favorite albums of all time. It is more than worth every penny of this incredibly cheap album.

Published February 5, 2012 for monaca:factory's 8th album, Latimeria will Dream, this song is one of his lesser known but one of my absolute favorite. This song was in fact one of the first Vocaloid songs I've ever heard a few years ago when I was listening to Spotify and instantly fell in love with with his work and Vocaloid as a whole. A quick cover on monaca:factory, he is a very prolific composer who tends to lean to more orchestral, melodic heavy songs and uses primary both GUMI and Miku like this song here.

Again, like all good Vocaloid songs, the lyrics of this one are vague and can take different meanings. One such interpretation is that the duo are singing in the perspective of a single entity who lives in an illusionary world and is awaiting their chance to break into reality. Taking into context that this is a Vocaloid song, a deeper meaning entitles that the song is talking about the singers themselves, the puppets made to dance on strings, treating their existence as barren and looking up at you from behind the screen a, awaiting for you as their producer (or in this case possibly monaca:factory himself) to breath life into their existence. While others might have a different interpretation, this is the best one I could find by taking a closer look at the lyrics.

I hope you enjoy the song as much as I did and look forward to more not just from GUMI but from monaca:factory as well in the future. I plan to eventually do some composer highlights with him included but that won't be until at least two more Vocaloids after this are done and over with.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 am

As much as I tend to complain about him, he does have some good songs. This is Happy Synthesizer by Eadsy Pop ::dread:: featuring GUMI and Megurine Luka.
phpBB [video]

Available now from iTunes.

Uploaded November 22, 2010 this is one of Easy Pop's most popular songs. The song has been featured in half a dozen albums, has had numerous covers, and has been adapted into a novel. (What in the world is with so many of these songs getting novel adaptations?
It has also sheet music done for it, both for its normal instruments and for piano arrangements. It is also one of the featured songs from the MIRAI games as shown above. (t's cute. Sue me.

So the song this time around is about lies and relationships. The duo go back and forth, talking about dropping the facades they put up for the person they love and to do for them the only thing they know how to do. Instead of lieying to them and themselves, they instead sing for them a melody that will express their feelings and shoot them into their hearts. (REALLY glad that a song is straight forward for once) In all seriousness the song does give an important message. Not to lie to yourself and your aperrant other just to keep a relationship going if its only going to make it sour in the end. Its best to get it all out in the open and be honest with each other.

This was probably me reading too much into it but I stand by it. COme back tomorrow for more on GUMI.