Most Disturbing Anime You've Seen?

Current and Classic Animation!
YuGiOhMan91
Crazy About Anime

Re: Most Disturbing Anime You've Seen?

Postby YuGiOhMan91 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:07 am

Star-K wrote:Second) Kanokon- To my knowledge it's not a hentai but it's right on the line of a hentai so to know that's it's almost a hentai probably not good to watch but it started with this girl sexually harassing this high schooler who looks like a little boy the she and another girl put him in uncomfortable scenarios through the show, I'm not finished with it so that's all I know so far.

Yeah the anime is almost too intense. It boarders that line between hentai and ecchi a little to close. Though I read through the manga as well as watched the show and the manga was way better. It was ecchi but on a normal high level that didn't disrupt from the actual story. The anime seemed to focus only on the ecchi to the point it made it almost awkward to watch at times.
Spoiler:
Not sure if you got to the episode where she losers her powers which in-turn made her lose her breasts. The entire episode seemed like them just fondling her breasts and it honestly felt like there was no point in that episode but to show her without a top the whole time.
"I want to stay with you forever..." - Yui

DieSchlachten
I Bleed Anime

Postby DieSchlachten » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:21 pm

I can't believe nobody has said anything about the anime Trapeze.

Personally this is the most disturbing, strange, and just plain weird anime I have ever seen.
Everything about this anime is strange from music to artwork. Even the way the characters talk is weird and disturbing.
People like this anime too. I just can't get behind this one at all.
Too-too-roo!
"We'll do some culture afterwards" -Macross (1982 Ep 36)

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:58 pm

DieSchlachten wrote:I can't believe nobody has said anything about the anime Trapeze.

Personally this is the most disturbing, strange, and just plain weird anime I have ever seen.
Everything about this anime is strange from music to artwork. Even the way the characters talk is weird and disturbing.
People like this anime too. I just can't get behind this one at all.

I just read a synopsis of this show, and it sounds really strange. I might have to check it out sometime :lol:
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:49 pm

Well I'll bring this thread back, and add to it.
Whats the most disturbing anime

manga

Visual Novel

"anime game"

For me its

Whats the most disturbing anime
I was gonna say Urotsukidōji but "no hentai" so I'm gonna pick Genocyber

manga
Violence Jack

Visual Novel
Saya No Uta

"anime game"

I dont think it quite fits the category, but Detention.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:12 am

Interesting corpse to bring back from the dead. And my answer is very simple.
Nothing has ever come even close to be as screwed up as my pick.

Fullmetal alchimist, Shou Tucker.

You all know the rest of the story. No amount of gore, psychological violence, physical violence or tentacle rape could beat that stuff. I rest my case.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:51 am

I haven't watched a lot of the 'big titles' mentioned here, so my #1 choice overall would probably be Green Green. Although my memory of that show is quite hazy, I remember cringing a lot.

Star-K wrote:Kanokon- To my knowledge it's not a hentai but it's right on the line of a hentai so to know that's it's almost a hentai probably not good to watch but it started with this girl sexually harassing this high schooler who looks like a little boy the she and another girl put him in uncomfortable scenarios through the show, I'm not finished with it so that's all I know so far.
Snap, that anime still exists, too... I actually kinda liked the first time around - as a typical, hormone-driven teenager. Then I rewatched it when I was in my mid-20s. Ugh... Some pretty cringeworthy scenes in there.

fragoff wrote:Fullmetal alchimist, Shou Tucker.
I've only seen the Brotherhood rendition of the show, which I hear isn't even as bad as the original in regard to this particular story arc. And yes, it's pretty horrid.

However, if we want to get technical, I think he doesn't count because Andrew asked us to name anime series, not individual characters or plot elements. If we could cherry-pick, I'd nominate either Yurippe from Angel Beats! or Yuko from Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (in particular, both of their flashback scenes).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:39 am

Devilman Cry Baby is pretty messed up at times, to cherry pick I’d go with the strip club scene from episode one, that was bloody insane. It was also really awesome and was super well animated but it was totally out there and distrubing for sure. Overall the show dies down after a few episodes and doesn’t go as crazy as that ever again really, although it still gets very bloody and violent often enough.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:41 am

BlueSpark wrote:
fragoff wrote:Fullmetal alchimist, Shou Tucker.
I've only seen the Brotherhood rendition of the show, which I hear isn't even as bad as the original in regard to this particular story arc. And yes, it's pretty horrid.

However, if we want to get technical, I think he doesn't count because Andrew asked us to name anime series, not individual characters or plot elements.

Half touché.
My problem is, i got a very high tolerance to stuff, that it be with my life experience or the way i was raised and think. I also don't get offended easely like nowdays snowflakes.
So my answer is based on my personal overall reaction to all the animes i ever watched. And the only thing that stands out in my mind is this event in fullmetal.
I am a father, and when i saw it, my daughter was the same age as shou's. So maybe it got stuck in my mind for this.
I stand by my choice. Because no scene ever reached the level of uneasyness i felt, even less a whole serie.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:10 pm

Devilman Crybaby for sure. Beyond the gore (which is disturbing) it's even disturbing in how it portrays humanity and how we would act in a time of crisis. Maybe its cause I'm a bit cynical and dont think we'd band together, but it really felt like a warning to me. Like if we dont change our selfish ways, we're done. I'll leave it there. But it really got to me. I stayed up late binge watching it all, and after I had to have a couple beers, and think about it. It shook me on quite the deep level.

Corpse party too disturbed me, but not with the gore.

First episode spoilers
Spoiler:
Mostly with that scene at the end of the episode where one of the girls is being hung. I dont do well with hanging scenes and that one was a bit too graphic.

Also gotta mention Berserk 97. Dat Eclipse my dudes...........dat eclipse.........................................yeah.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:30 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:Visual Novel
Saya No Uta
Still debating on whether I want to read this one or not. I remember it came recommended by Crash, back when I was still somewhat new here. I'd like to keep my mental sanity, though (or however much is left of it, anyway).

fragoff wrote:I stand by my choice. Because no scene ever reached the level of uneasyness i felt, even less a whole serie.
Fair enough, if it stood out that much for you, it deserves the mention for sure.

Crash Kamio wrote:Also gotta mention Berserk 97. Dat Eclipse my dudes...........dat eclipse.........................................yeah.
I've only ever read or listened to descriptions of the event, but man, does it seem to have left an impact on people... Makes me think of the ending of School Days (which I haven't seen, either).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!