Re: Favorite Ops and eds?

Postby DestroyerGX » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:04 pm

A new favorite OP, from Ninja Girl and Samurai Master Season 3:

phpBB [video]

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:44 am

After presenting Baka and Test's "Perfect-Area Complete!" OP as my favorite opening in anime a while ago, I'd like to follow up with my favorite ED. That honor goes to the closing song of Bakemonogatari:
phpBB [video]

The melody is just out-of-this-world beautiful. I'm a sucker for piano pieces, anyway, so this song's a natural fit. Weirdly, the lyrics (at least in the full version) are so sad ;(, which isn't usually something I enjoy (I'm still salty about the When Marnie Was There ED). But I'm in love with this song regardless.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

FrodoBaggypants
I Like Anime

Postby FrodoBaggypants » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:24 pm

All time favorite OP: Re:Re: by Asian Kung fu Generation (Erased OP)
Favorite ED: Bakusō Yume Uta by Diggy-Mo (Soul Eater ED 3)

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These OP

Full

phpBB [video]

TV size

phpBB [video]

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:44 am

phpBB [video]

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:48 am

Ah yes, Lupin OP. Never gets old no matter how old that series gets. Now the question is, which version is the best? I've got a thing for this version
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

I also like the original opening, despite being very basic.
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

Eira
I Love Anime

Postby Eira » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:16 pm

OOF, I’ve never posted in here and that’s cause it’s oretty crazy to try and make a first post of this topic. I’m a big OP and ED guy, I always watch the OPs and EDs, I know a lot of people skip them and I reallt don’t understand that, even when I’m binging I watch the alway, no exceptions, even when I hate them, I watch them. And it’s because mainly I don’t really mind watching them and I want my MAL day count anime stats to actually be accurate and not be off by 2-4 mins per episode watched.

Anyway, I like a LOT of OPs and EDs, I just really like a lot of them and honestly I could make a top 100 list and still be sad that I’m missing some. And there’s no way I could pick a favourite. But I’ll force myself to pick just one and after giving it some though (not enough really but hey) I’ve come up with this probe being my faovirte or at least close to it for a multitude of reasons.

Side note: visuals are important in an OP for me, I’ll never say I like an OP JUST cause it had good music, thats absurd. There’s a difference between a good song and a good anime opening for me. I know most people just pick based off music but I don’t like that idea, visuals are what make it an OP and not jsut any other song.

With that in mind here ya go, my favourite OP when going off the top of my head:
phpBB [video]