Name A Character Similar to Mine

Everything Else!
Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: Name A Character Similar to Mine

Postby Kocurek1944 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:38 pm

Maetel from Ginga Tetsudou 999 aka Galaxy Express 999
Dignified female helping countless boys with their journey on GE999. She towers over most of the people and her combat abilities are matched only by legends like Capitan Harlock or Queen Emeraldas.
She seem to display absolute loyalty to the young men in her care, but mysterious aura around her causes both boys and audience to be very suspicious of her.
Spoiler:
In the very end Maetel disobeys GE journey organizers and helps young boy named Tetsurou.
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Mon May 14, 2018 1:33 am

Administering another bumb. Anyone else willing to rise to the challenge? Surely there are some other beastmen or similar characters out there you could suggest :).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Thu May 17, 2018 10:44 am

It took me a while, but I found someone. :)

Mercenary from Grimoire of Zero
Spoiler:

- He was born cursed to be half-beast, half-human.
- Extremely skilled at fighting and cooking, he can also scare away his enemies so that they fear him.
- He is taller and stronger than humans are. That said, he fears magic the witches use against him.

- (Minor spoilers for "Grimoire of Zero")
Spoiler:
He was mistreated from birth due to his appearance which has made him a serious and bitter person, but he is a kind person around those he trusts.
His real name is unknown, and is kept that way so the witches don't control him. (They can use his name to curse him)

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Thu May 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Goku from the Dragonball series (manga/anime)

A low level Saiyan, a being who changes into a ferocious beast when looking at a certain heavenly body, Goku was sent to Earth to destroy it. Adopted by an old man, he changes from a unruly kid to gentle. Throughout all the series, he always defends Earth against all its enemies even to the point of death, becoming in the process one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Fri May 18, 2018 1:32 am

Thanks for joining back in, guys :). Kocurek's choice has the "suspicious character" angle going for it, and I like the idea of Goku turning into an animal. However, as an actual beastman, I'm crowning Rena's Mercenary (a bit of an unimaginative name, isn't it :P?) the victor for this round. His fear of the witches' magic is an excellent fit for Kiromaru, who wants to avoid incurring the humans' wrath - and suffering a blow of their esper powers - at all costs.

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Fri May 18, 2018 2:27 am

Nice, I won. :)

I'll choose Victorique de Blois from Gosick

- She is very small, with long blonde hair and green eyes, she looks almost like a child but she is older than she looks
- When thinking about something, she often smokes using a pipe.
- She spends her days in a library reading all the books there.
- She loves sweets and becomes really happy when offered something sweet.
- She has amazing detective skills, often solving crimes just after being committed.
- Despite her cute appearance, she can be somewhat pessimistic and often verbally abuses the male protagonist Kujou.

- (Minor Spoiler for Gosick)
Spoiler:
At first she hates Kujou because of his cheerful and positive attitude - exactly the opposite of Victorique. She even ignored Kujou and made fun of him by calling him "annoying", but she gradually warms up to him and began to trust him as a friend.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 am

Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade from Kizumonogatari aka Wound Tale
Loli-check(no details because spoilers)
Blond hair-check
Spends vast amount of time in one place-check
Vast amount of knowledge-check
Very skilled-check
Verbally abuses main protagonist-check
Pessimist-check(again no details because spoilers)
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

DigitalSpaceman
I Like Anime

Postby DigitalSpaceman » Fri May 18, 2018 11:52 am

I'm not super happy that this was the best I could come up with for now but here it is! definitely a hard one.
Yoshio Kobayashi from Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace

-Very intelligent
-cares little for people uninteresting to him

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Fri May 18, 2018 1:56 pm

I can already see this is going to be another tough-to-beat contender by Kocurek. Well, I won't take it lying down. Here goes:

Shinku from Rozen Maiden

Shinku easily matches Victorique in her doll-like appearance - no wonder since she is a doll (which also makes her look much younger than she actually is). Both characters are petite, sport long blond hair and wear a dress that goes with the theme.

Shinku has a good head on her shoulders and comes across as quite sophisticated. While it's not sweets she craves, Shinku appreciates nothing more than high-quality tea, and she reacts contentedly when the series' teenage protagonist (Jun) serves it to her.

Speaking of which, Shinku loves ordering Jun around, much like Victorique frequently treats Kujou as her personal plaything. And she has no qualms when it comes to verbal abuse towards Jun, whom she considers to be quite unrefined - at least in the beginning of the series. Because she does gradually grow much closer to him.

DigitalSpaceman wrote:I'm not super happy that this was the best I could come up with for now but here it is! definitely a hard one.
Glad to see you give it a try, Spaceman ;]. I appreciate you joining in even if you're not entirely happy with your candidate. It's happened to me before, several times. Maybe the judge's choice will surprise you. Otherwise, there's always the next round :).

Aaand that's your cue, Mr. Mojave - name your favorite!

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Sun May 20, 2018 4:56 pm

MojaveRena wrote:I'll choose Victorique de Blois from Gosick
Just putting up a reminder that we're waiting for your judgement (since we have 3 candidates ready).