Thread on All Key Anime (adaptations and originals)

Current and Classic Animation!
DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Re: Thread on All Key Anime (adaptations and originals)

Postby DestroyerGX » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:33 am

Crash Kamio wrote:Anyone here play Harmonia? I'm only partially the way through the game and pretty solid so far. Has that nice Key drama to it, and the music is gorgeous. I'm also hyped for their new game Summer Pockets (which is supposedly getting an anime). Apparently itll be on the feel of Air, which has my interest. Also I gotta play Air. I need that in my life.

I've heard mixed opinions on that game. I haven't tried it yet, though I might go for it one of these days.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:17 am

Crash Kamio wrote:Anyone here play Harmonia?
I played Harmonia a while ago. Like the reports Destroyer mentioned, I'm rather mixed on it myself. For lack of a better term, I found the dialog to sound rather 'childish,' both compared to other Key anime adaptations and other visual novels I've read. That took away from the experience for me. The incredibly small core cast was a bit of a mixed bag, too.

However, the overall atmosphere of the VN was rather nice in my opinion. It's mostly fun and bubbly at first and catches you off-guard when it shifts into dark territory later on. And when the feels hit towards the end, they hit pretty hard. The highlight, for me, was definitely the post-credits scene. So make sure not to miss that one, Crash ;).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:39 pm

DestroyerGX wrote:I've heard mixed opinions on that game. I haven't tried it yet, though I might go for it one of these days.

Ah okay, if you wanna pick it up let me know what you think for sure.

BlueSpark wrote:I played Harmonia a while ago. Like the reports Destroyer mentioned, I'm rather mixed on it myself. For lack of a better term, I found the dialog to sound rather 'childish,' both compared to other Key anime adaptations and other visual novels I've read. That took away from the experience for me. The incredibly small core cast was a bit of a mixed bag, too.

However, the overall atmosphere of the VN was rather nice in my opinion. It's mostly fun and bubbly at first and catches you off-guard when it shifts into dark territory later on. And when the feels hit towards the end, they hit pretty hard. The highlight, for me, was definitely the post-credits scene. So make sure not to miss that one, Crash ;).

I did notice the childish dialogue. That was a bit odd at first but it became kinda fun after awhile. Mainly cause the main girl was so gao cute.

Ahh so it does get darker. I was kinda curious if it ever got out of the bubbly feel with a dark world. I could tell something was off. Post credits scene, noted. I may go back to it tonight see what it's all about. :3

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Back to Little Busters!, I just can't hate any character here, except it be for

Spoiler:
the two girls who bullied Kud and Komari.

Next, I'll be covering Yuiko Kurugaya.

Very mischievous, very smart, and very good-looking, as well as playing the piano superbly. It's true her backstory wasn't so sad, but the events in the anime, especially in Refrain!, caused tears to flow at the end.

Spoiler:
Her goodbye to Riki and the "Song for Friends" were heart-breaking. And her smile at the end of her arc, before Riki goes through really difficult time was so beautiful.

I very much liked Kurugaya, although she had a bit too much fun, especially in the Little Busters! OVA, pranking every girl.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:12 am

Kuragaya's introduction scene was, in my mind, quite memorable: The way she coaxed Riki into doing her bidding and entertaining her reflects her personality rather accurately. That said, she didn't stand out too much in the 1st season. But that's largely because her character arc has been relegated to Refrain.

And I've got to say, that arc was a blast. Probably my favorite Kuragaya moment, even over her final goodbye, was her snapping at the bullying girls. That's the kind of badassery I can get behind! It showed us that she's not impeccably composed - she, too, can lose her temper. But at the same time, she clearly does it for the sake of her friends.

Of course, the ending of her story arc was a tearjerker in true Key fashion. A nice way to send the viewer off into the final stretch of the series.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

DestroyerGX
I Bleed Anime

Postby DestroyerGX » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:02 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Probably my favorite Kuragaya moment, even over her final goodbye, was her snapping at the bullying girls. That's the kind of badassery I can get behind! It showed us that she's not impeccably composed - she, too, can lose her temper. But at the same time, she clearly does it for the sake of her friends.

That was a great scene to see. It was nearly identical to the VN.