Hi!

Let us get to know you!
BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Re: Hi!

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:41 am

MojaveRena wrote:I have been a console gamer for over 15 years now and you could say after all that time, I have gotten so used to gaming on consoles. When I did try PC gaming, it felt out of my comfort zone since I am not used to it. (It's ironic now, I do play games on my laptop, mainly; PC exclusives, Indie games, Visual novels and Hentai games).
There are some games I want to play that will never exist on consoles. The opposite must be true as well, my favourite "Valkyria Chronicles" on the PS3 was never ported to PC so there are many people who will never play that awesome game.
Yeah, title exclusivity to certain platforms is definitely an issue. I've been a PC gamer as long as I can remember, but - as I probably mentioned before (and also in a different thread) - I bought a Nintendo 3DS, an XBox 360 and a PlayStation 3 all solely to be able to play all the Tales of RPGs. Luckily, it seems Bandai Namco has finally realized that the PC gaming crowd represent a lucrative market, too - we got Zestiria and Berseria on PC, and soon the remastered Vesperia will follow suit. Lucky break for me :), although I have to say I do somewhat prefer to play JRPGs on my consoles. However, I'm not too keen on investing in a PS4 just for these.

MojaveRena wrote:I heard CHA doesn't directly effect your Speech skill? Because you can still tag the Speech skill at the start of the game and get roughly the same bonuses.
That's true, it appears the only direct effect Charisma has is bolstering your companions. I'd planned to play my melee brawler as a minimum-Charisma, no-Speech character, but since there are a handful of quests in the game which cannot be completed without Speech (or Barter) skill checks, I eventually dumped a couple of points into Speech. That way, I just recruited Cass as a follower last night. After what you said about her before, I'm not expecting her to make it very far :D.

MojaveRena wrote:(And then there is Vault 11 near that same area... have you been in there?)
Sure I visited the vault. The main reason I take so long to complete my fallout playthroughs is that I compulsively explore all the surrounding areas before moving on with the main quest, so I slowly uncover all the locations on the world map in one big sweep (in New Vegas, mostly counter-clockwise from Goodsprings). And I try to complete every quest I can along the way. I reckon it's this playstyle which also leads to me becoming overleveled every time; I just visited Caesar for the first time yesterday, and I'm already at level 32 (The Project Nevada mod raises the level cap to 50).

MojaveRena wrote:Do you normally side with the Legion or the NCR playing Fallout NV?
I'm rather flexible in that regard. Ever since Fallout 3, there are 3 basic character archetypes I usually revert to in Fallout games:
1. a middle-of-the-road guy, neither particularly good nor evil, mainly out for money, but not ruthless enough to kill perfectly innocent people; using small guns and sneaking a lot; leaning towards AGI and LCK
2. a big, hulking guy who enjoys inflicting pain and tends to side with the bad guys; using big guns and explosives (plus melee as a backup), self-sufficient with high medicine, repair and survival; centered around high STR and END
3. a righteous and charismatic guy, selflessly fighting for the greater good; using energy weapons/rifles, but trying to avoid conflict, pacifism perks, high proficiency in speech and science; focussed on CHR and INT

My current melee-only character is obviously an exception to the rule, but I play him as a bad guy pretty much. The first (and only) time I finished the game, I believe I established an independent Vegas. So I'm curious to see where the Caesar route will take me :).

MojaveRena wrote:I have the special cleaver that is aptly named "Chopper" which can be found relatively quickly, but it has hardly any reach.. I often find myself missing what I am trying to hit (in VATS too, maybe it's a glitch?).
Yeah, I believe I found that one early on, too (in some kind of shack, if I'm not mistaken). I didn't find much use for it, though, since I had already been lucky in finding a sledgehammer in Goodsprings and opted for the higher damage instead of the bonus limb damage from Chopper.
Missing enemies in VATS might be a glitch, but keep in mind your maximum hit chance is capped at 95% - I'm pretty sure that applies to melee, too, so sometimes, your attack simply counts as a miss.

MojaveRena wrote:Imagine the choices or quests in-game this could bring! {QUEST STARTS} "Beware The Wrath of The Killer Lolis..." {OBJECTIVE} "You are being watched... Rena wants to take you home. :3"
... ::target:: ... ::evil:: ... Time to get into modding :D.

MojaveRena wrote:I'm almost at the end of Lilly's route I think, there hasn't been any more choices to make so I think I'm really close the end?
Well, I can't really comment in any detail, lest I accidentally spoil you. But if you're saying you haven't had any choices pop up in a while (and I assume you're on act 4), you're probably en route to the good ending. Or maybe you're just before the big turning point. You'll find out :).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:40 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah, title exclusivity to certain platforms is definitely an issue. I've been a PC gamer as long as I can remember, but - as I probably mentioned before (and also in a different thread) - I bought a Nintendo 3DS, an XBox 360 and a PlayStation 3 all solely to be able to play all the Tales of RPGs. Luckily, it seems Bandai Namco has finally realized that the PC gaming crowd represent a lucrative market, too - we got Zestiria and Berseria on PC, and soon the remastered Vesperia will follow suit. Lucky break for me :), although I have to say I do somewhat prefer to play JRPGs on my consoles. However, I'm not too keen on investing in a PS4 just for these.

Cool, I didn't know they are porting the Tales Of series to the PC now, I know the Atelier series has been ported but some are known not to work with a keyboard very well and this has sparked debates. (Or just plug in a controller, perhaps with an driver emulator installed onto your computer so it works as intended).

I know what you mean, if there was more games you wanted to play on the PS4 then you could consider buying one.

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
That's true, it appears the only direct effect Charisma has is bolstering your companions. I'd planned to play my melee brawler as a minimum-Charisma, no-Speech character, but since there are a handful of quests in the game which cannot be completed without Speech (or Barter) skill checks, I eventually dumped a couple of points into Speech. That way, I just recruited Cass as a follower last night. After what you said about her before, I'm not expecting her to make it very far :D.

I see, even if you are planning not to persuade anyone during the game, I find myself doing the speech checks anyway. (Or you could get the Terrifying Presence perk and scare the living daylights out of everyone).
Cass will legit die from a few hits from a NCR Ranger ambush on very hard mode if you don't give her armor. She won't even talk to you if your reputation with the NCR is below neutral, I think? I'm starting to like Arcade a bit more seeing as his Plasma Pistol is somewhat useful, but like Boone he is not the type of guy you would bring to see Caesar's Legion. (Raul or Lily are best for this oddly enough)

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
Sure I visited the vault. The main reason I take so long to complete my fallout playthroughs is that I compulsively explore all the surrounding areas before moving on with the main quest, so I slowly uncover all the locations on the world map in one big sweep (in New Vegas, mostly counter-clockwise from Goodsprings). And I try to complete every quest I can along the way. I reckon it's this playstyle which also leads to me becoming overleveled every time; I just visited Caesar for the first time yesterday, and I'm already at level 32 (The Project Nevada mod raises the level cap to 50).

Exploring locations to see what you can find is the nature of Fallout, who knows what you might find hidden away where you don't normally go.
I like to see what I can find in these locations that are not listed on the default map - like the Deathclaw Promontory which is in the extreme east of the map, across the river, roughly parallel to Lucky Jim Mine. At level 50, there are about 30+ deathclaws in the area with multiple Alpha deathclaws, having all those running at you is a must-see experience. Let me know if you find any places yourself, I'm always looking for things in my game.
Oh, I think the DLCs also raise the level cap to 50. Are the DLCs free on the PC version of Fallout NV or do you have to buy them? On the PS3 they are free but you need to be patient as there are glitches lurking everywhere... just stared Lonesome Road and the game froze on me for no reason.

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm rather flexible in that regard. Ever since Fallout 3, there are 3 basic character archetypes I usually revert to in Fallout games:
1. a middle-of-the-road guy, neither particularly good nor evil, mainly out for money, but not ruthless enough to kill perfectly innocent people; using small guns and sneaking a lot; leaning towards AGI and LCK
2. a big, hulking guy who enjoys inflicting pain and tends to side with the bad guys; using big guns and explosives (plus melee as a backup), self-sufficient with high medicine, repair and survival; centered around high STR and END
3. a righteous and charismatic guy, selflessly fighting for the greater good; using energy weapons/rifles, but trying to avoid conflict, pacifism perks, high proficiency in speech and science; focussed on CHR and INT

My current melee-only character is obviously an exception to the rule, but I play him as a bad guy pretty much. The first (and only) time I finished the game, I believe I established an independent Vegas. So I'm curious to see where the Caesar route will take me :).

I normally play as the sniper archetype so AGI, LUC and PER is more of a priority for me. Although if you decide not to use VATS then you only need 5 PER as you can recruit ED-E on your side and he gives you the equivalent to 5 extra points of PER. (Plus Boone so you can spot enemies easier but he keeps blocking my shots so he dies from friendly fire...)

Caesar's route is pretty cool, it gives you a different perspective of playing the game from a less moral viewpoint. But I have to admit, the NCR annoyed me for the last time and corrupted my save file trying to help them, so it's time for retribution for braking my game. ;)

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I believe I found that one early on, too (in some kind of shack, if I'm not mistaken). I didn't find much use for it, though, since I had already been lucky in finding a sledgehammer in Goodsprings and opted for the higher damage instead of the bonus limb damage from Chopper.
Missing enemies in VATS might be a glitch, but keep in mind your maximum hit chance is capped at 95% - I'm pretty sure that applies to melee, too, so sometimes, your attack simply counts as a miss.

I think it's just east of Nipton, after a Raider ambush but before the crossroads leading to Novac. There is also a unique Varmint Rifle in Broc Flower Cave just north-east of that same place we mentioned, but that gun is overkill on animal enemies.
True, either that or my game is plotting something against me. :?

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
... ::target:: ... ::evil:: ... Time to get into modding :D.

Someone should do this! XD It would be like the NCR/Legion ambush but.. cuter.

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, I can't really comment in any detail, lest I accidentally spoil you. But if you're saying you haven't had any choices pop up in a while (and I assume you're on act 4), you're probably en route to the good ending. Or maybe you're just before the big turning point. You'll find out :).

I've just finished Lilly's route last night, I believe there is more than one ending to each character seeing as there are a lot of choices you can make.
Guess what I got for my second ending? The bad end.. XD
I managed to get Rin's story now, not sure how I got that, I only made the opposite choices I got from my first playthrough barring the bad end choices. (I wanted Emi's story but her option to run with her on the track wasn't there?)

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 am

MojaveRena wrote:Cass will legit die from a few hits from a NCR Ranger ambush on very hard mode if you don't give her armor. She won't even talk to you if your reputation with the NCR is below neutral, I think? I'm starting to like Arcade a bit more seeing as his Plasma Pistol is somewhat useful, but like Boone he is not the type of guy you would bring to see Caesar's Legion. (Raul or Lily are best for this oddly enough)
Cass almost made it all the way up to Jacobstown before she found a cold and lonely grave in a Cazador-infested den. Well, she had a bottle of whiskey with her when she died, so I'll just tell myself that gave her some comfort ;).

Strangely, even after I'd done some missions for the NCR and climbed back to being "liked", Boone wouldn't talk to me. Perhaps it was due to the fact that I was also liked by the legion. Anyway, he was probably better off for it - I believe I got every companion in the game killed off except for him and Arcade, who refused to join me :P.

MojaveRena wrote:At level 50, there are about 30+ deathclaws in the area with multiple Alpha deathclaws, having all those running at you is a must-see experience. Let me know if you find any places yourself, I'm always looking for things in my game.
I had no idea the number of enemies there grows with your level. That must be a terrifying sight, indeed. I don't think I have any noteworthy hidden locations to name; except maybe for a certain mountain path between Red Rock Canyon and Jacobstown that's inhabited by a whole lot of Cazadors. There's a corpse to loot with, I believe, 2 strong guns (1 was probably placed there my the Project Nevada mod) and a good set of armor.

MojaveRena wrote:Someone should do this! XD It would be like the NCR/Legion ambush but.. cuter.
Though the game would obviously need a new food item: rice balls. And you'd need a chance to 'disarm' a rice ball before picking it up ;).

MojaveRena wrote:Caesar's route is pretty cool, it gives you a different perspective of playing the game from a less moral viewpoint. But I have to admit, the NCR annoyed me for the last time and corrupted my save file trying to help them, so it's time for retribution for braking my game. ;)
I administered swift retribution in your stead when I conquered the dam this Saturday 8-). There were still some places left to explore, but I decided to rush through the rest of the game (also started using Fast Travel, which I normally don't do). At level 34 and pumped up on chems, the final battle really wasn't much of a challenge. I wanted to get my playthrough over with because somehow, I've been itching to restart Fallout 4 with a new character.

MojaveRena wrote:Are the DLCs free on the PC version of Fallout NV or do you have to buy them? On the PS3 they are free
You know, I don't think I ever bothered to check, to be honst :D. To make you understand why I wouldn't: I got the Fallout 4 season pass for my birthday in 2016, but when I reinstalled the game this weekend, I deliberately disabled all DLC. The game is simply too long for my taste. That's also why I was never interested in the extra content for Fallout 3 or New Vegas - I don't think I could muster the endurance to finish it all. I'm weird like that, I know :D.

MojaveRena wrote:I've just finished Lilly's route last night, I believe there is more than one ending to each character seeing as there are a lot of choices you can make.
Guess what I got for my second ending? The bad end.. XD
So that means you reached the good ending first? When I replayed KS earlier this year, Lilly's was the only route I just couldn't bring myself to reread the bad ending for... Her and Hisao's relationship is too precious for me :>, plus I went for her route last and didn't want to leave the VN on a sour note.

MojaveRena wrote:I managed to get Rin's story now, not sure how I got that, I only made the opposite choices I got from my first playthrough barring the bad end choices. (I wanted Emi's story but her option to run with her on the track wasn't there?)
Rin's is sort of a 'catch-all' route: You end up with her if you don't actively pursue any of the other girls. Although there's actually a different scenario waiting if you decide to forego even Rin's company.
I believe the only reason you didn't get the race-track choice would be that you built up affinity with Shizune earlier on. But don't quote me on that, I just browsed through a game guide or two a while back and remember only bits and pieces.

Coming back around to anime (a topic that kind of got lost in our chat :P), I'm hyped that - from what I understand - the planetarian movie is finally coming out in dubbed form next month. I actually preordered it along with a bunch of other items for my next Blu-ray import haul. I'm also eagerly awaiting the localization of Anonymous Noise, though it looks like I'll have to wait until all of the episodes are finished streaming, so there are still several weeks to go.

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:51 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
Cass almost made it all the way up to Jacobstown before she found a cold and lonely grave in a Cazador-infested den. Well, she had a bottle of whiskey with her when she died, so I'll just tell myself that gave her some comfort ;).

Strangely, even after I'd done some missions for the NCR and climbed back to being "liked", Boone wouldn't talk to me. Perhaps it was due to the fact that I was also liked by the legion. Anyway, he was probably better off for it - I believe I got every companion in the game killed off except for him and Arcade, who refused to join me :P.

Aww, she died a noble death then. I made the mistake of blowing up the BoS bunker and trying to recruit Veronica, she didn't like the fact I destroyed her home in the name of Caesar. Only Rex is left in my game now. :cry:

Oh, That's odd.. He should talk to you if you are liked by the NCR regardless of your standings with the Legion. Unless he's just glitched, Raul did that once while doing his quest..
Raul is the best companion though, because of this constant sarcasm, ask him to carry something and he says "Sure boss, I'll just carry all your stuff across the desert for you..." That line always makes me laugh.

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
I had no idea the number of enemies there grows with your level. That must be a terrifying sight, indeed. I don't think I have any noteworthy hidden locations to name; except maybe for a certain mountain path between Red Rock Canyon and Jacobstown that's inhabited by a whole lot of Cazadors. There's a corpse to loot with, I believe, 2 strong guns (1 was probably placed there my the Project Nevada mod) and a good set of armor.

Yeah, if you want to know where exactly it is, it's in the green circle in the bottom right of the map in this link..
Oh, I'm gonna check that out next time I'm around Red Rock Canyon, I know there is another path leading towards the south. Some Raiders are there.
There is also a Lakelurk version just south of that place on the map I showed you. About 20 of them at level 15, probably more at higher levels.

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
Though the game would obviously need a new food item: rice balls. And you'd need a chance to 'disarm' a rice ball before picking it up ;).

After you can have the option to throw the rice ball at the wall after picking it up, at the cost of slowing becoming insane. (This is where the Wild Wasteland trait can come into play.) XD

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
I administered swift retribution in your stead when I conquered the dam this Saturday 8-). There were still some places left to explore, but I decided to rush through the rest of the game (also started using Fast Travel, which I normally don't do). At level 34 and pumped up on chems, the final battle really wasn't much of a challenge. I wanted to get my playthrough over with because somehow, I've been itching to restart Fallout 4 with a new character.

I think you can talk him down with a 90 Speech check, the time I fought him he just stood there and let me kill him... I was wondering why he is nicknamed "General Wait-and-See" by other NCR soldiers. :D
The opposite is with the Legion and the overpowered Legate Lanius, he runs too fast!!

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
You know, I don't think I ever bothered to check, to be honst :D. To make you understand why I wouldn't: I got the Fallout 4 season pass for my birthday in 2016, but when I reinstalled the game this weekend, I deliberately disabled all DLC. The game is simply too long for my taste. That's also why I was never interested in the extra content for Fallout 3 or New Vegas - I don't think I could muster the endurance to finish it all. I'm weird like that, I know :D.

That's OK, I can understand that. The only DLC I can recommend is Lonesome Road since you can come and go as you please. I know I mentioned Old World Blues a couple of times but that's for comedy only.

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
So that means you reached the good ending first? When I replayed KS earlier this year, Lilly's was the only route I just couldn't bring myself to reread the bad ending for... Her and Hisao's relationship is too precious for me :>, plus I went for her route last and didn't want to leave the VN on a sour note.

I think so, I quite liked the ending. :)
I'm kinda scared to get another bad ending since I got the generic one last time, I like Rin so I don't want to mess it up.

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
Rin's is sort of a 'catch-all' route: You end up with her if you don't actively pursue any of the other girls. Although there's actually a different scenario waiting if you decide to forego even Rin's company.
I believe the only reason you didn't get the race-track choice would be that you built up affinity with Shizune earlier on. But don't quote me on that, I just browsed through a game guide or two a while back and remember only bits and pieces.

I'm not sure if I had any affinity with Shizune, I do remember helping Rin out with the mural painting a lot, and not many other choices apart from that. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the ending I get. ^^

BlueSpark wrote:
Spoiler:
Coming back around to anime (a topic that kind of got lost in our chat :P), I'm hyped that - from what I understand - the planetarian movie is finally coming out in dubbed form next month. I actually preordered it along with a bunch of other items for my next Blu-ray import haul. I'm also eagerly awaiting the localization of Anonymous Noise, though it looks like I'll have to wait until all of the episodes are finished streaming, so there are still several weeks to go.

That's right! I've been meaning to watch the Planetarian movie for some time, didn't know it was getting a dub until now. ;)
(Also, the Planetarian series reminds me of Fallout in some way :P)
I think they are still dubbing Re:Zero as well, Funimation have got their hands full at the moment as they are also dubbing a lot of this season's anime too, which I am eager to try. I'm surprised they are dubbing non-airing anime too but I guess there is a lot of demand now.

That reminds me, have you heard about Sentai Filmworks recently? Don't quote me on this but I heard they are stopping dubbing anime and focusing on subtitles. I think it's a huge shame, I remember Clannad's dub by Sentai and I really enjoyed that. Maybe Funimation is monopolizing the dubbing industry?

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:34 am

MojaveRena wrote:Raul is the best companion though, because of this constant sarcasm, ask him to carry something and he says "Sure boss, I'll just carry all your stuff across the desert for you..." That line always makes me laugh.
Yup, he's pretty funny - when you start sneaking, I believe he also says something to the effect of "Sure, just make the old man crawl around in the dirt" (or was it something about his knees?).

This current Fallout 4 playthrough of mine is the first one where I actually use companions (other than Dogmeat). Codsworth (your personal Mr. Handy) is one of them, and he has some pretty great commentary. Plus if you talk to him, he'll tell you one of a number of jokes, such as: "A photon enters a hotel. The receptionist asks, 'Do you have any luggage?' To which the photon replies, 'No, I'm traveling light'" :D.

MojaveRena wrote:Yeah, if you want to know where exactly it is, it's in the green circle in the bottom right of the map in this link..
Oh, I've found the 'deathclaw shore' and the nearby lakelurk nest, alright. Just not at a really high level, so I only encountered ~8 lakelurks and maybe 12 deathclaws. But I don't think the map marks the mountain corridor with the cazadors I mentioned (It should be further to the south of Jakobstown).

MojaveRena wrote:After you can have the option to throw the rice ball at the wall after picking it up, at the cost of slowing becoming insane. (This is where the Wild Wasteland trait can come into play.) XD
Oh my god, the Wild Wasteland trait would make all the difference in that mod. I mean, imagine the difference between When They Cry's first scene (in Keichi-vision) and what actually happened at that moment :D. So you could basically play this game in normal mode or in full-on psycho mode.

MojaveRena wrote:I think so, I quite liked the ending. :)
I'm kinda scared to get another bad ending since I got the generic one last time, I like Rin so I don't want to mess it up.
Fun fact: Lilly's is the only ending in the game with an after-credits scene.

As for Rin, her route has 3 possible endings, so that slightly lowers your chances of hitting the good one off the bat. But don't let that deter you. You'll soon find that her route overall has a rather depressing feel to it (Think Rumbling Hearts - that kind of nagging depression), but persevere and you shall be rewarded.

Oh, and to clarify: You got the 'generic' bad ending? The one with the rooftop scene? Don't worry, none of the other routes in the game end that badly ;).

MojaveRena wrote:I've been meaning to watch the Planetarian movie for some time, didn't know it was getting a dub until now.
You and me both. I was almost desperately awaiting any news on a localization of the movie, which never came (or at least I couldn't find). And then I browse Amazon for my next Blu-ray order and suddenly find a planetarian package with both the series and the movie :). The product description says it's dubbed, so I'm confident that includes the movie, too. Release date is August 14 - the hype is real!

MojaveRena wrote:That reminds me, have you heard about Sentai Filmworks recently? Don't quote me on this but I heard they are stopping dubbing anime and focusing on subtitles.
No, I haven't caught that info. That's a big shame indeed :(. I'm not a stickler for dub quality, I'm frankly more concerned about quantity. If this means that all Sentai-licensed shows are going to be sub-only in the future, that sucks for me. I mean, I only watch a fraction of the new material each season, but then there are titles like Love and Lies or Just Because!, which I'd be thrilled to check out, held by Sentai. Sucks to be me...

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:16 am

BlueSpark wrote:Yup, he's pretty funny - when you start sneaking, I believe he also says something to the effect of "Sure, just make the old man crawl around in the dirt" (or was it something about his knees?).

This current Fallout 4 playthrough of mine is the first one where I actually use companions (other than Dogmeat). Codsworth (your personal Mr. Handy) is one of them, and he has some pretty great commentary. Plus if you talk to him, he'll tell you one of a number of jokes, such as: "A photon enters a hotel. The receptionist asks, 'Do you have any luggage?' To which the photon replies, 'No, I'm traveling light'" :D.

I think he says something about his knees creaking will give your position away. Take Raul to the REPCONN facility with the feral ghouls walking around and he'll say something like "Guys, don't eat me, eat the smoothskin next to me! Oh wait, sorry boss.." I messed up Raul's ending badly though, I killed one of the guys you are supposed to talk to, seeing as I sided with the Legion he shot me on sight. (I think he is in Camp McCarren?)

Wasn't there a personal Mr Handy in Fallout 3 too? I think he is in the house you can buy in Megaton. He makes similar jokes but I can't for the life of me remember what they were, it's been years since I last played Fallout 3. :P

Bluespark wrote:Oh, I've found the 'deathclaw shore' and the nearby lakelurk nest, alright. Just not at a really high level, so I only encountered ~8 lakelurks and maybe 12 deathclaws. But I don't think the map marks the mountain corridor with the cazadors I mentioned (It should be further to the south of Jakobstown).

It's very tricky at higher levels, and there is some unique armor found somewhere in that area with the deathclaws but I have never found it.
You're right, I believe you also go there during the "Bleed me dry" quest in The Thorn to collect Cazador eggs. In my game, the Super Mutant corpse in that had a Fat Man nuclear launcher and a few other rare weapons, some from the Gun Runners DLC.

Bluespark wrote:Oh my god, the Wild Wasteland trait would make all the difference in that mod. I mean, imagine the difference between When They Cry's first scene (in Keichi-vision) and what actually happened at that moment :D. So you could basically play this game in normal mode or in full-on psycho mode.

Exactly, imagine the potential this could bring! Some quests could appear to be completely different in psycho mode, thinking that everyone else is against you, forcing you to shoot your way out.
Maybe during key moments you can hear the cicadas crying to warn your character of impending doom? ;)

Bluespark wrote:Fun fact: Lilly's is the only ending in the game with an after-credits scene.

As for Rin, her route has 3 possible endings, so that slightly lowers your chances of hitting the good one off the bat. But don't let that deter you. You'll soon find that her route overall has a rather depressing feel to it (Think Rumbling Hearts - that kind of nagging depression), but persevere and you shall be rewarded.

Oh, and to clarify: You got the 'generic' bad ending? The one with the rooftop scene? Don't worry, none of the other routes in the game end that badly ;).

I get the feeling Rin is severely depressed but puts on a brave face to hide her pain, I'm only at Act 1 of her route so I still don't know much about her.

That's right, the one with the rooftop ending. I was wondering if the bad endings were extreme in some way,now I know there is nothing to worry about.

Bluespark wrote:You and me both. I was almost desperately awaiting any news on a localization of the movie, which never came (or at least I couldn't find). And then I browse Amazon for my next Blu-ray order and suddenly find a planetarian package with both the series and the movie :). The product description says it's dubbed, so I'm confident that includes the movie, too. Release date is August 14 - the hype is real!

Oh, that's not too long to go then! Just next month. ^^
I'll try to watch it when it comes out, should be good.

Bluespark wrote:TNo, I haven't caught that info. That's a big shame indeed :(. I'm not a stickler for dub quality, I'm frankly more concerned about quantity. If this means that all Sentai-licensed shows are going to be sub-only in the future, that sucks for me. I mean, I only watch a fraction of the new material each season, but then there are titles like Love and Lies or Just Because!, which I'd be thrilled to check out, held by Sentai. Sucks to be me...

I share the same sentiment as you do, I am not concerned about the quality so much either, but there are amazing anime out there with no dub for people and some of these anime are super popular.
Sentai has promised to dub DanMachi and they delivered that promise, but I think they are pressured by Funimation taking all the dub licences - they are great at dubbing but I feel they should give another company a chance since they are putting other companies off making dubs.

Oh darn it, "Just Because" was licensed by Sentai? I have no info on if they are going to dub that but I would like to watch that too.. You're right, it sucks for me too since there are show I want to watch licensed by Sentai that might not be getting a dub in the future. (Second season of Higurashi, etc..)

But there is Netflix, I heard they helped make the Violet Evergarden dub so that's good news. But I think Netflix don't make the dub entirely, they just help with the production or the license fees. But as I said, it's good news someone is trying to help out.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:30 am

MojaveRena wrote:Wasn't there a personal Mr Handy in Fallout 3 too? I think he is in the house you can buy in Megaton. He makes similar jokes but I can't for the life of me remember what they were, it's been years since I last played Fallout 3. :P
Oh yes, there was. I can't think of his name, but I do remember one of his jokes surprisingly vividly:
An atom walks into a bar and says: "I think I've lost an electron." The barkeeper asks: "Are you sure?", to which the atom replies, "I'm positive!"
I like science jokes ^_^.

MojaveRena wrote:You're right, I believe you also go there during the "Bleed me dry" quest in The Thorn to collect Cazador eggs.
That might be. I stopped at the Nightstalker egg stage (Never got to Bitter Springs before I started my 'rush through the main quest' phase).

MojaveRena wrote:That's right, the one with the rooftop ending. I was wondering if the bad endings were extreme in some way,now I know there is nothing to worry about.
That ending is immensely jarring, but funny at the same time (At least I thought so).
Truth be told, I really disliked Kenji the first time I read through Katawa Shoujo. I assume it's because he frequently held me up from progressing the story I was actually interested in. But the 2nd time around, I started to appreciate his comic relief a lot more. His character is really divisive, though - lots of people in the fandom who love him and others who abhor him.

MojaveRena wrote:Oh darn it, "Just Because" was licensed by Sentai? I have no info on if they are going to dub that but I would like to watch that too.. You're right, it sucks for me too since there are show I want to watch licensed by Sentai that might not be getting a dub in the future. (Second season of Higurashi, etc..)
Yeah, I checked that it was held by Sentai when writing my post. It's sad indeed that Funimation might be crowding out the competition when it comes to dubbing shows. Alas, nothing I can do about it other than to take what I can get (and support the responsible dubbing parties as much as possible via blu-ray purchases).

On the topic of When They Cry: That show is actually being released in German at the moment. If I'm lucky, they'll do the 2nd season after finishing the 1st, in which case I might finally check out the sequel story :).

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:37 am

BlueSpark wrote:Oh yes, there was. I can't think of his name, but I do remember one of his jokes surprisingly vividly:
An atom walks into a bar and says: "I think I've lost an electron." The barkeeper asks: "Are you sure?", to which the atom replies, "I'm positive!"
I like science jokes ^_^.

That's the one! I wonder if his name is the same as the Mr Handy from Fallout 4? What a funny joke. XD
What's the music like in Fallout 4? I imagine it to be like Fallout 3 with did have a good soundtrack. I only liked 2 songs on the New Vegas soundtrack, the rest I thought were forgettable.

Bluespark wrote:That might be. I stopped at the Nightstalker egg stage (Never got to Bitter Springs before I started my 'rush through the main quest' phase).

It gets worse with what eggs to get later on, I got bored of having to go back into The Thorn each and every time. Why can't you get all the types of eggs at once? (Maybe I'm lazy :P)
And plus there is a common glitch that if you go to Bitter Springs without Boone, you might end up not completely his quest until he says he wants to go there...

Bluespark wrote:That ending is immensely jarring, but funny at the same time (At least I thought so).
Truth be told, I really disliked Kenji the first time I read through Katawa Shoujo. I assume it's because he frequently held me up from progressing the story I was actually interested in. But the 2nd time around, I started to appreciate his comic relief a lot more. His character is really divisive, though - lots of people in the fandom who love him and others who abhor him.

It was kinda funny, you can see something was going to happen at some time but not quite in that manner.. :)

Bluespark wrote:Yeah, I checked that it was held by Sentai when writing my post. It's sad indeed that Funimation might be crowding out the competition when it comes to dubbing shows. Alas, nothing I can do about it other than to take what I can get (and support the responsible dubbing parties as much as possible via blu-ray purchases).

On the topic of When They Cry: That show is actually being released in German at the moment. If I'm lucky, they'll do the 2nd season after finishing the 1st, in which case I might finally check out the sequel story :).

Ah man, that's another show to add to the list of anime not dubbed then. I mean, I like the dubs Funimation makes but they should give someone else a chance. I try to help in my own way by simply trying to be positive and keep my hopes up something might come up in the future. I'm generally good with finding new info on dubbed anime, I get excited when something new pops up and it's an anime I wanted to see dubbed.

Oh right, that's pretty cool. Scratch that - it's great news since you might get to watch the rest of the series and find out if your predictions for what happened in season 2 were correct. ;)
Is it dubbed by Netflix by chance? Because Netflix helped to dub Violet Evergarden in 8 different languages and I'm still surprised to this day they did that. (And I heard they are dubbing it now in Polish, Korean and Russian, so there is a demand for this anime to have dub in lots of languages.)

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:09 am

MojaveRena wrote:That's the one! I wonder if his name is the same as the Mr Handy from Fallout 4? What a funny joke. XD
What's the music like in Fallout 4? I imagine it to be like Fallout 3 with did have a good soundtrack. I only liked 2 songs on the New Vegas soundtrack, the rest I thought were forgettable.
Just did a quick Google search, and the Fallout 3 robot was called Wadsworth, which is pretty close to Codsworth ;).

As for the music, I'm assuming you mean the radio tracks? That's tough for me to answer, because I only really listened to the radio when I first started playing Fallout 4, which was about 1.5 years ago. None of them really stuck in my mind - unlike many of the New Vegas songs, quite frankly. Then again, I did just replay that game. Plus one of my work colleagues also recently played that game with her boyfriend and told me how many of its tunes are stuck in her head :D.

I'm making decent progress and having a lot of fun with my good-hearted Fallout 4 character, although I'm once again facing the 'dilemma' of swimming in loot. Despite using a loot reduction mod, I have over 100 stimpacks and heaps of ammo stashed away already. It's kind of a shame because high charisma (and thus bartering ability) is one of the key strengths of my build, yet there's hardly anything I need to buy. Well, at least I can slowly build a stockpile of the rarest ammo types, which vendors will restock every couple of days.

MojaveRena wrote:Oh right, that's pretty cool. Scratch that - it's great news since you might get to watch the rest of the series and find out if your predictions for what happened in season 2 were correct. ;)
I looked for some related news today and found that indeed, the license-holding company is planning to cover season 2 as well as the OVA episodes :). Although I did somewhat spoil myself to the events of the 2nd season, I'm still very much interested in actually seeing it for myself.

It's not Netflix who got the show, by the way. But I did notice how Netflix has broadened their German anime portfolio recently. I'm very happy to see that Netflix is keeping up their dubbing game (mainly for English localizations, but it's cool that other people who love anime get to watch more stuff in their native language). While other anime fans might dislike their 'binge-drop' business model, it's simply perfect for me :].

A new question I'm going to fire your way: Are there any animes you enjoyed, but wouldn't want to watch again for one reason or another?

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:48 am

BlueSpark wrote:Just did a quick Google search, and the Fallout 3 robot was called Wadsworth, which is pretty close to Codsworth ;).

As for the music, I'm assuming you mean the radio tracks? That's tough for me to answer, because I only really listened to the radio when I first started playing Fallout 4, which was about 1.5 years ago. None of them really stuck in my mind - unlike many of the New Vegas songs, quite frankly. Then again, I did just replay that game. Plus one of my work colleagues also recently played that game with her boyfriend and told me how many of its tunes are stuck in her head :D.

I'm making decent progress and having a lot of fun with my good-hearted Fallout 4 character, although I'm once again facing the 'dilemma' of swimming in loot. Despite using a loot reduction mod, I have over 100 stimpacks and heaps of ammo stashed away already. It's kind of a shame because high charisma (and thus bartering ability) is one of the key strengths of my build, yet there's hardly anything I need to buy. Well, at least I can slowly build a stockpile of the rarest ammo types, which vendors will restock every couple of days.

That is pretty close, I wonder if there is some sort of connection between the two, except for being both robots of course.

Oh yeah, I meant the radio songs, sorry. :P
Yeah, I wasn't too fond of the music in NV oddly enough, "Heartaches by the number" was one of the few songs I liked. Ah, maybe I know why now - it's because I've played NV too much that I have gotten used to hearing the songs.

I know that feeling!! You pick up too much stuff and have to drop it or give it to a companion. Lots of times I had to drop something because I couldn't run during the game.

Bluespark wrote:I looked for some related news today and found that indeed, the license-holding company is planning to cover season 2 as well as the OVA episodes :). Although I did somewhat spoil myself to the events of the 2nd season, I'm still very much interested in actually seeing it for myself.

It's not Netflix who got the show, by the way. But I did notice how Netflix has broadened their German anime portfolio recently. I'm very happy to see that Netflix is keeping up their dubbing game (mainly for English localizations, but it's cool that other people who love anime get to watch more stuff in their native language). While other anime fans might dislike their 'binge-drop' business model, it's simply perfect for me :].

A new question I'm going to fire your way: Are there any animes you enjoyed, but wouldn't want to watch again for one reason or another?

Oh good! Glad they are going to cover the OVAs and season 2 of Higurashi. I hope you didn't spoil yourself too much with the events of season 2, don't let it keep you from watching the show. That's what I learned about spoilers within recent months.

It wasn't Netflix who licensed it? I personally am a bit skeptical since I thought Funimation dubbed that show, but I keep seeing Netflix whenever Violet Evergarden is mentioned..
You're right, it's good they are dubbing shows into other languages so that more people can watch what they want to see. In recent news I have found; they are dubbing "Armed Girls Machiavellism" so that's another anime to add to my anime plan-to-watch list. :)

There is Fairy Tail, I used to love that show but I won't watch it again because of the amount of episodes. I simply don't have the time to watch it again.
What about you?