386) Myth&Roid Has Music By Overlord!

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

386) Myth&Roid Has Music By Overlord!

Postby Andrew » Sun May 27, 2018 11:20 am

While not a heavy last few weeks in regards to news, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are still here to give the download of important pieces. At least for themselves. New adaptations, returning legends, and more!

Topics this episode: Bakemonogatari Manga, Overlord 3 Music, Oshi ga Budokan Ittekuretara, Yamishibai Japanese Ghost Stories, Kenichi Sonada Kickstarter, March Comes In Like A Lion Dub, Valve Versus Visual Novels, Crunchyroll Licenses, FLCL Progressive, Mitsuo Iso New Project, Fairy Tale Girls, Ueno-san wa Bukiyou Anime, KADO on YouTube, Harukana Receive, Muv Luv Vita, Cells at Work, Eri Takenashi, Scum’s Wish, K Series Film, and much more!

Thanks to MojaveRena, fragoff, BlueSpark, and Kocurek1944 for the great questions featured on this episode.

The intro music for this episode is the OP for Overlord Season 2 called “GO CRY GO” by OxT. The outro for this episode is the ED for Overlord Season 1 called “L.L.L.” by MYTH&ROID.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/05/animecas ... -overlord/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Lulink
I Like Anime

Re: 386) Myth&Roid Has Music By Overlord!

Postby Lulink » Mon May 28, 2018 5:24 am

Cells at work? More like "Once upon a time... Life" reboot!
I don't know about you but I loved how good this cartoon was a teaching kids how the human body works.
One day I discovered that 2 of my friends got into anime. This was the last day before the rest of my life.

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Mon May 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Chris!!! Repeat after me:

-'there is only Rem.'
Last edited by fragoff on Tue May 29, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:42 am

Too bad that the news about The Promised Neverland getting an anime didn't come out soon enough to make it to the podcast. I think everyone who has been reading it knew it was getting an anime at some point but to be on the Noitamina block of all places was surprising to me. It's the first manga from Shounen Jump to be on Noitamina which is saying a lot.

I do want to say that sometimes the OP/ED sequences are made by different studios not the main studio. That can explain why the OP/ED have different styles from the main animation since a different studio did the OP/ED. I always like the OP/ED that changed slightly depending on what happened with the anime. The most recent sample I can think of is Blend S where the ED changed when the final two employees started working.

Mr Tib
I Like Anime

Postby Mr Tib » Tue May 29, 2018 11:39 am

fragoff wrote:Kriss!!! Repeat after me:

-'there is only Rem.'
only Monica.

Me and spoilers have a weird relationship. I would normally say I hate spoilers, but there are certain things I don't care about. Like if you told me spoilers for My Hero Academia I wouldn't like it but I'm not going to get mad over it because watching is the exciting part
Spoiler:
for example I knew that bakugo was taken by the villians to recruit him before they even announced that it was geting a anime adaptation because a podcast was comparing the manga to a newly popular hero manga/anime One Punch Man and after I watched Hero Aca's first season I remembered and was excited to see how we get there.
but if some spoiled Steins;Gate 0 because they played the game instead of waiting for the show like me, my anger would know no bounds. So I definitely don't want to be the guy that causes someone's anger to know no bounds and you two are the same but I really think y'all should talk more spoilers. I love the fairy cast episodes were it's not a review, it's just you two talking about what happens in the show. I know you can't do that with every show every season but maybe 1 or 2 of your favorites are still in the reviews but also have a separate episode like you did with Aldnoah.Zero and SAO season 2.

I think the reason the fandom is so die hard for Rem and Mako is for the same reason as me, the fact the the characters are die hard for something. Rem will do anything with out question for Subaru, Mako will alway be there to remind Ryuko to never give up, Saber . . . well I haven't watched Fate so I don't know myself but I imagine she is very dedicated to the MC from what I can tell.
Also as a side note I love Rem but I'm team Emilia x Subaru. All I ever hear is "why dose Subaru love Emilia? What has she done? She's so boring." and my response is "Did you even watch the show?" But I digress.

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Tue May 29, 2018 2:25 pm

i made a guide in the fgo tread for the upcoming journey to the west event
if you dont want to grind it the event can be skipped

MojaveRena
I Like Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Wed May 30, 2018 2:07 pm

Thanks for saying that episode 11 + 12 of Maerchen Maedchen is going to come out this December. I'm glad to see this anime is still ongoing.

Harukana Recieve looks awesome, cute girls playing beach volleyball in Okinawa, sign me up! - I think you are right Andrew, maybe it's the female version of Haikyuu? I think it's going to be either an light-hearted ecchi show like "Keijo", or perhaps they will do something different we weren't expecting.

As regards to my question about censorship, I don't mind the mosaic censorship in hentai and I think in Japan they have to censor certain things out by law, and it's commonsense what is behind the censorship anyway.
But seeing as kids have better access to the internet thanks to their smartphones, they also have access to all the 18+ rated stuff online and start to wonder
Oh, I think the show you were both talking about was "Masou Gakuen HxH" where the guy rubs the girl's chest to power up her combat abilities.

Thank you so much for your opinions on how to handle anime spoilers, you really helped me out!
I normally do try to watch the anime regardless but if the spoiler is too great, then I don't see a point watching the anime if I already know what is going to happen.
But some spoilers I had were more obvious and there was one spoiler I got with Higurashi, believe it or not, but when I got to the episode in question with the spoiler, it wasn't so bad since I could see it happening during the episode - it even helped me to understand the story a bit more.

I don't blame people for enjoying the anime in question and wanting to talk about a certain part in depth, it's just that not everybody has watched that one anime. And some people can't understand that fact, so they blurt out these spoilers as they assume everyone has watched the anime. It also depends if I cared for the show before the spoiler...

What Bluespark said about sports anime made me think about Yuru Camp and how it made me want to go camping. I know camping is not as sport but it seriously made me consider taking up camping as a hobby...

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:08 am

The Accel World movie has finally been licensed? Fingers crossed for a localization; I thought the anime was pretty interesting and would like to see more.

In terms of funny recap episodes, Kill la Kill definitely set a great standard ;). I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one which turned much more entertaining thanks to the characters' overlayed banter in the background, but I can't remember what series it was.

The hot topic of spoilers (and whether it's ever 'OK' to spoil) will never go away, it seems. My personal spoiler tolerance is pretty high. I guess that explains why I love to rewatch my favorite animes so much: I'm so engrossed in the journey that I don't care about the goal while sitting in front of the screen. I'd been spoiled on Your Lie in April, for instance, but I still enjoyed the series regardless.

I would have been absolutely pissed if someone had spoiled Your Name for me before I watched it, though :-x. That first time watching it was truly magical.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:25 pm

the censorship lines as i know them are
average tv version of ecchi anime 13+
uncensored shows nipples and butt crack 15+
sex but no showed penetration or heavy gore 17+
sex showed penetration needs censoring 18+
the 18 and 17 lines can blur and depends of studio