E3 2018 discussion

Gamers paradise!
Eira
I Like Anime

E3 2018 discussion

Postby Eira » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:47 pm

So I though this might be a fitting thread to start, think it’ll be good to have some pre-show talk, and then continue to discuss things as the convention goes on and then a bit of post-show talk. So to start out just give us the basics.

Which presentations are you gonna watch?

What games are you most excited for or hoping to see? / what do you want to be reveled?

And anything you can think of to say or talk about pre-show.
Hopefully this takes and something people are interested in.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Re: E3 2018 discussion

Postby Kocurek1944 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:28 am

There is only one thing I want from E3.
-Sony conference
-pretty uneventful
-everybody prepares to leave
-lights go out
-silhouette of a man appears on stage
-Cleric Beast theme starts playing
-lights turn back on
-man on stage is Hidetaka Miyazaki
-name "Bloodborne 2" appears on screen behind him
-Miyazaki humbly bows and leaves the stage
-crowd goes wild
-mfw dreams do come true
Other than that I'm not waiting for anything in particular.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kocurek1944
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:17 am

I just hope square-enix does a huge turn around and backtrack on the idear of changing everything in the ff7 remake to the point where it is not ff7 anymore.
I am very pissed about this. I was already half gone from the FF franchise since 13, and that will be the killing blow for me.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:37 am

Despite being an avid gamer, I've never been big on following announcements and such at conventions. However, I'll be looking forward to you guys' chatter on the topic.

The only game I'm actively looking forward to at the moment is Borderlands 3. Oh, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, which has recently been declared "in development" by GSC. But that's preliminarily scheduled to come out in 2021, so no need to get hyped yet ;).

As for the Final Fantasy VII remake, I'm not generally opposed to the idea of them changing a lot of things around. I'm reserving judgement for when the game actually releases.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:18 am

BlueSpark wrote:As for the Final Fantasy VII remake, I'm not generally opposed to the idea of them changing a lot of things around. I'm reserving judgement for when the game actually releases.

If people want to play a game that is not FF7, then why don't you play something else? Why change a game so much to the point of having nothing to do with the original beside the setting, and ruin it for the people who have been asking this for 20 years?

I rest my case.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:47 am

fragoff wrote:If people want to play a game that is not FF7, then why don't you play something else? Why change a game so much to the point of having nothing to do with the original beside the setting, and ruin it for the people who have been asking this for 20 years?
Maybe because they love the characters and story, but fancy a more active gameplay approach? I'm just playing a bit of devil's advocate here. I can see both sides of the coin.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:08 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
fragoff wrote:If people want to play a game that is not FF7, then why don't you play something else? Why change a game so much to the point of having nothing to do with the original beside the setting, and ruin it for the people who have been asking this for 20 years?
Maybe because they love the characters and story, but fancy a more active gameplay approach? I'm just playing a bit of devil's advocate here. I can see both sides of the coin.

Then let's not ruined a perfect fit and let's make a good other game with the cast like cerebrus was.
Do we remake predator with the same cast but instead of being an action movie, we make it a romantic comedy?
(Don't worry, i am pissed at square, not at the people moving along with this. 90% of them were too young or just didn't exist when ff7 came out.'

Eira
I Like Anime

Postby Eira » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:00 pm

Lol I just noticed that even tho I started this I never gave my own answer.

So I’m mainly looking forward to Nintendo’s direct since I don’t have an modern PlayStation consoles and have never owned an Xbox but I still own every Nintendo console (virtual boy doesn’t count) so I’m always looking forward to that.
Since we know smash Bros. Is meant to come out this year but we still know nothing I think they’re gonna blow the whole thing wide open, I wanna see most of the roster, new stages and hopefully info on an adventure mode like brawl had, give it to us!
I also want to hear more about the fire emblem for switch since that’s also another game that’s mean to come out this year and yet we know nothin about it, so hopefully we’ll get a good Chunk of the direct giving us some fire emblem info and I really hope it doesn’t get delayed, I’ve been looking forward to this one for a while. Just please don’t make it another waifu simulator.
Other then that I just want solid info on the rest of the games coming out this year, take a bit of a deeper look at Pokémon Let’s go Pikachu & Let’s go Eevee hopefully. I don’t think we’ll get any cool new stuff announced but since I’m crazy and wish for the same few things every year I might as well give you my few crazy Wishlist ideas that almost won’t happen but I like to mention them every year.
A new F-Zero, I know it won’t happen cause the Star fox racing is all but confirmed at this point, so hopefully that’s good.
Mother 3 in English, I’ll ask for this till it either comes out or I die.
Animal crossing on switch, will happen eventually but I don’t think it’s ready to show off yet, plus they alread got a lot of busters for this year, they can save this for later, but I still wanna see some info on it anyway.
Oh and I wanna see something on Metroid prime 4, anything really I don’t even need gameplay, just a cool new teaser with some nice cinematic would be enough for now. Just need to keep drip feeding us info on that for the time being.

Apart from that there’s very little I actually care about, I might watch square Enix since I love JRPGs and they might have some stuff on Nintendo (like octopath) but I also want them to hurry up and tell us about bravely default 3 as well. And maybe we can see some stuff on that ‘the world ends with you - final remix’ for switch.

But since I’m in this forums now and I’m always wanting to talk about stuff and post in here I might just watch them all so I can talk about everything with everyone.

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Sekiro Shadow Die Twice looks really promising. Fast paced flashy combat will be a breath of fresh air after slower and more deliberate pace of Souls(faster and flashier Bloodborne is my favourite so I am all over this). My only concern is Activision as a publisher...greed of those bastards knows no limits. Now if You excuse me I have to go and adjust my budget to find founds to purchase Xbox One X.
phpBB [video]
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kocurek1944
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:01 pm

Elder scroll 6 announced! Oh ya!