E3 2018 discussion

Gamers paradise!
Eira
I Like Anime

Re: E3 2018 discussion

Postby Eira » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:22 am

As I made very clear in my last post I’m really here for Nintendo all the way so with them being the only ones left I’m gonna talk about the only things that have gotten me hyped in any way shape or form thus far.

EA: Nothing, they suck.

XBOX: I could not care less about the XBOX Imma be real, however I did enjoy one thing that came out of this and that was the tales of vesperia announcement, however I only care about that because it’s coming to switch to, XBOX is just lucky they got to announce it.

Bethesda: I think Frag said it best.
fragoff wrote:Elder scroll 6 announced! Oh ya!
I am indeed hyped for this, since I actually enjoy the elder scroll games to a dagree, and I’m glad to see it’s not Skyrim again, I just hope my PC will be able to run it cause I sure as hell ain’t gonna buy a PS4 or XBOX ONE.

Ubisoft: they showed off the Mario + Rabbids DLC with grant Kirkhope doing a live performance with the band and that’s just tight, I love grant and his music and overall I’m happy to get a deeper look at the DLC, so they made me happy with that at least.

Square Enix: Neir isn’t on switch, no FFVII info and no mention of the world ends with you... I’m disappointed really, I love square Enix but overall without some Nintendo stuff I can’t really care. Or Final Fantasy of course. Heck even kingdom hearts III is really cool but I can’t care cause it hasn’t been confirmed for switch yet (I say yet cause the director said he might have it on switch but only after it’s been on the other consoles for awhile since they’ve had to wait all this time.)

PlayStation: like I’m sure this was good and I’m sure lots of people are happy but nothing I care about, not much of a surprise there.

Hyped for Nintendo, at the time of posting this it’s in 5 hours, in 2 hours I’ll sleep for 3 hours and then wake up and watch the presentation and then I’ll go back to sleep and make a post about it some time after that detailing my thoughts, since that’s where I’ll really have something to say and where most of my investment is.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:52 am

Eira wrote:I did enjoy one thing that came out of this and that was the tales of vesperia announcement
I just read up on it. Woot! My brother and I were both so bummed that the PS3 version never made it to the west. Now we get the remastered version! I'm reserving a special place in my Steam library for this. Or maybe, just maybe, I'll get my hands on a cheap used PS4 instead.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:41 am

Sekiro: shadows die twice announced from from software (love that pun).
A bit sad with no bloodborn 2 in view and still no plan for a PC port of the first one.
And WTH did from software picked evil activision for as th publisher????!!!!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:57 am

fragoff wrote:Sekiro: shadows die twice announced from from software (love that pun).
A bit sad with no bloodborn 2 in view and still no plan for a PC port of the first one.

FromSoftware also announced PSVR exclusive Déraciné. FromSoft sold me PS4 with Bloodborne, so it would be hilarious if I bought PSVR because of them.
Lack of Bloodborne sequel announcement is disappointing but Hidetaka Miyazaki (game director) expressed his disdain for sequels on multiple occasions, and now as company CEO he calls the shots.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kocurek1944
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Kocurek1944 wrote:
fragoff wrote:Sekiro: shadows die twice announced from from software (love that pun).

FromSoftware also announced PSVR exclusive Déraciné. FromSoft sold me PS4 with Bloodborne, so it would be hilarious if I bought PSVR because of them.
Lack of Bloodborne sequel announcement is disappointing but Hidetaka Miyazaki (game director) expressed his disdain for sequels on multiple occasions, and now as company CEO he calls the shots.

Well, dark souls 2 did suck. But the 3rd one did the job!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Eira
I Like Anime

Postby Eira » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:12 pm

Okay, so I care about Nintendo more then others so I’m actuakly gonna go into more details about what they showed.

Daemon X Machina: if this had been a thing 2 years ago I’d say I don’t care but the last few years I’ve been getting into more game genres and trying to broaden my horizons and something like this could actually be a really tight action game, I’ll have to wait to see more but at the moment I like the style of it.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - the Golden Country: DLC that adds more story is my favourite kind of DLC and I’m super happy to see that xenoblade is getting some. And a prequel to, I’m so hyped for this and I’ll deifntly be buying it, plus it’s getting a physical release which is really cool. I’m looking forward to this, more reasons for me to play xenoblade 2 is always a good thing, even though I still haven’t got through New Game + yer.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses: no! It was delayed to 2019, gao. I’m so upset with that, I was really excited to be getting it this year but it’s looking really good so I’m fine with having to wait, I defiantly want the best version of this and not an unfinished mess, so I’ll just have to wait. It looks good tho, I’m really glad it doesn’t seem like a waifu simulator with a focus on fan service, I want a more classic fire emblem and this might finally be what we want.

Super Mario Party: Thank Lord! A return to Mario party form, not a single stright line board, the board actually has bends and different paths and loops around. Everyone has their own indecent space and aren’t all together in a dumb car and players are getting coins to buy stars! This is what I’ve wanted for so long but I never though nintendo would listen and it’s happening on a great system like switch which is perfect for it, I’m so happy with this even if they didn’t show much, I’ll be picking it up for sure once it’s out.

Sciccor reel: There was a sciccor reel of third party and indie games, was nice to see they’re still thinking about the world end with you - final remix - I’m really looking forward to that. Also now we know that Dragon Ball Fighter Z is coming to switch which is really good for it since it’s portbale, I’ll for sure be bringing it into uni and just throw down with my friends inbetween classes, this stuff is why I love the switch.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate: All the fighters are here, nice! This stuff looks really cool, I like the added tech, I like the Fighting UI I like the added mechanics overall. I think this is gonna be a really fun one and I can’t wait to get a hold of it at the end of the year, but Waluigi is still just an assist trophy which makes me sad. But we got RIDLEY! ARGH! We’ve been asking for this for so long, he’s fianlly been added, he looks so creepy and I love it, so glad they finally added him in!

Am I biased, a little. Anyway I think I got the order of things wrong and I left out somethings like Fortnite but I don’t have much to say about that, I won’t be getting it.

Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Postby Crash Kamio » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 am

Hyped for the Resident Evil 2 remake. I was thinking it was unnecessary cause the game is never flawless, but seeing the sneak peak made me excited. I like that it's in 3rd person, I love the fixed camera but seeing the game in another view will be great. Plus the third person gives use a more up close and personal look with the zombies and bosses. Theres some great potential to ramp up the scare factor here. If the game plays like 4 and has extra added stuff (like what they did with the first game remake)
Minor RE1 spoilers.
Spoiler:
Like needing to burn the zombie bodies of you didnt decapitate them, cause then they come back stronger and faster. And I believe they added a boss, she was in chains and had an unholy screech that you hear inside the mansion at one point. I've been playing the 1996 game and I dont see her area.

If they add extra stuff in that vein, make it more refreshing and more than just the game with pretty graphics I'll be happy as a clam. If it's just a carbon copy I wont be interested, in that case id stick to the PS1 game cause in all its PS1 graphics glory (love the old PS1 graphics. It's the best) theres still things that scare the crap outta me.
Spoiler:
That big creepy guy that follows you in the police station still gets me

Kocurek1944
Super Otaku II

Postby Kocurek1944 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:56 am

Full list of games that caught my attention on E3:
Sekiro Shadow Die Twice - FromSoft, need I say more?
Déraciné - again FromSoft. I always thought of VR as overly expensive toy...but if those guys are taking a stab at it I need to check it out.
NiOh 2 - I am hoping for very well made soulslike that fixes original NiOh problems.
Ghost of Tsushima - the trailer seemed very inspired by Akira Kurosawa samurai movies. Also colour palette was beautiful.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - I'm always a sucker for games with beautiful art styles, and this one is exceptionally pretty.
Cuphead DLC - challenging, beautiful and with one of the most unique soundtracks in whole gaming. I am in.
Unravel 2 - platformer with beautiful art style and interesting idea for gameplay.

I have confession to make... It's very possible that Nintendo sold me a Switch with Daemon X Machina. For a very long time I wanted modern mecha game that was an action game instead of fighting game in disguise. And on top of that game's mechanical designer is Shoji Kawamori. What do You mean who is Shoji Kawamori? Mechanical designer and original creator of almost entire Macross, Escaflowne and Aquarion franchises, co-mechanical designer on Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory. His work was featured in works such as: Space Battleship Yamato, Patlabor Movies 1and 2, Ghost in the Shell. So yeah I want to check it out.

On the side note, while I don't really care about the game it was amazing to watch people reacting to Kingdom Hearts III new trailers. So many emotions, sometimes even tears. I don't think I saw anything like that in a very long time.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kocurek1944
Proud citizen of Principality of Mecha
"Where robots are big
And teenagers angsty"