Sword gai

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
fragoff
Anime Junky

Sword gai

Postby fragoff » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:19 pm

Anyone?
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Re: Sword gai

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:24 pm

I watched the first five episodes and did not like it.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 am

Whiskeyjack19 wrote:I watched the first five episodes and did not like it.

I'm on episode 4. i am curious to see were it is going. I'll give it a bit more time.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:04 pm

Not a bad anime, but nothing that rewrites history. It is a decent sword fighting horror drama.
The pace is very fast, introducing a lot of caracters and story points very fast. And because of that, a lot of unanswered questions linger. I understand that there is a second season, but still.
The story evolves in such a way that i really thought, before checking it up,that it was a fighting game bait.

Watch it or don't. It is not a total waste of time if you do, but you won't miss anything if you don't.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:09 pm

Well, first episode of S2 finishes the way the serie is: very violently, to say the least.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:34 pm

Ok, so i just finished the second season. This show is ok, but some flaws and a rater linear plot makes it ordinary.

If at the begining the violence and gore captivate the interest, the effect of it wears down after a certain time.
After that, the plot becomes linear and somewhat boring. It is as if the show had nothing else to sell after a certain amount of time.

But the biggest flaw of this serie, and what probably condamned it with an average story, is that this show is all over the place.

A good show does not provide you with fat. Carracters that do not develop the plot furter, help solve it or give important information about it is fat. And boy! you do get fat in this show. At least half of the cast could have been removed from this show and you would have gotten the same result. That it be the little sister, the father, the traitor, the priestess, the big bad with his plan, the bullied boy or others, most of them could have been removed, their part given to other existing carracters, and this show will not have been any worst.

Should you go out of your way to watch it? No. Should you watch it if you like gore? Not really even if it has its moments. Is it an average show? Definitly.

SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime

Postby SethAmaha » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:47 am

I just finished the show myself and I was very unimpressed. The flaws are very glaering in the show and they are problems that other shows have been able to pull off so it's not exactly something I can recommend to anyone.

The first problem it has is that there are far too many characters. As I said, this is a problem other shows have been able to deal with, especially with 24 episodes to work with. The problem this show has is that it has no focus. Even the titular character is lost midway through the show, only showing up in the beginning and end of both seasons. The side characters offer so little development that it is not only hard to keep track of them, they eventually just blend in with one another and you don't even know who is who by the end.

The next big problem it has is that it tried to open up a what should have been a simple story but turned it way too complicated for its own good. Because the show has no focus, far too many stories were explored and the show tried to make itself more complex but it should have instead just stuck with the main characters and should have just ignored the side characters. This show could have easily been a far better told story but because it tried to become bigger than it really was, it sacrificed an interesting concept for too much padding where it had no need to.