The Phone is Ringing... OMG!

Let us get to know you!
User avatar
GeekBoi
I Like Anime
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 am

Re: The Phone is Ringing... OMG!

Postby GeekBoi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:37 am

fragoff wrote:ouch! ::terrible::


GeekBoi: Making friends and influencing people since the 1970s.
Image

User avatar
BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:23 am
Location: Germany

Re: The Phone is Ringing... OMG!

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 am

GeekBoi wrote:24 hours and I already have a nemesis.
Bring it on, robot. I will make you... feel!
Image
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

User avatar
Eira
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Phone is Ringing... OMG!

Postby Eira » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:12 am

GeekBoi wrote:Oh, I hear you on that one, but that's the problem now, especially with seasonal anime, there isn't that breathing space to fit everything in. It isn't like back in the day where you had maybe 3 shows at the most that you were watching at the same time.

Yer exactly, seasonal anime really makes it hard to find time to watch and enjoy old shows, there just isn’t the room or time for it, you either give up on staying up to date or you just don’t have the time for old shows, I’m sure if I started then I’d make myself find time for it since I usually do when I watch old shows and enjoy them, but finding time to start is rough.

GeekBoi wrote:It's pretty much the only reason why I'm still subscribed to HiDive at the moment, but oh, what a reason. I've sseen the first 4 episodes a few times now, but I will get there, honest.

That's also a really kind offer, having a "Watch Buddy" may spur me on, I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

Yer you can dm me on here or even make it a fourme post if you want, either way if you let me know then I’ll be sure to try and keep up and then we can also talk about as we go.

User avatar
Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku
Posts: 1677
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:13 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: The Phone is Ringing... OMG!

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:15 pm

Hey Ben. Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your stay. I recently just returned after some issues myself.
I see you have boutan as your avatar, is yyh a favorite of yours? How do you feel about his other works?

User avatar
GeekBoi
I Like Anime
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 am

Re: The Phone is Ringing... OMG!

Postby GeekBoi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:50 pm

BlueSpark wrote:Bring it on, robot. I will make you... feel!


The only thing I FEEL is... PRETTY, OH SO PRETTY, I FEEL PRETTY AND WITTY AND BRIGHHHHHHHHHT!
Image

User avatar
GeekBoi
I Like Anime
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 am

Re: The Phone is Ringing... OMG!

Postby GeekBoi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:56 pm

Eira wrote:Yer you can dm me on here or even make it a fourme post if you want, either way if you let me know then I’ll be sure to try and keep up and then we can also talk about as we go.


Awesome. I'll keep it in mind, but also, don't wait for me either, because I know what I'm like and could get distracted by something shiny and pretty and then you'll be stuck waiting whilst I agonise over whether or not I can justify owning said shiny, pretty thing.
Image

User avatar
GeekBoi
I Like Anime
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 am

Re: The Phone is Ringing... OMG!

Postby GeekBoi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:42 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:Hey Ben. Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your stay. I recently just returned after some issues myself.
I see you have boutan as your avatar, is yyh a favorite of yours? How do you feel about his other works?


Wait!... Fullmetal-Senpai NOTICED ME!!! *Squee*

Thanks for the warm welcome, very much appreciated.

Yeah, loves me some YYH. It's turned into one of those default anime for me over the years, a bit like a comfy pair of pants for those lazy days. Which is all a bit odd really as I don't tend to rewatch a lot of shows (FMA:B and GITS:SAC being the other exceptions).

As for other Yoshihiro Togashi works, I've never read/seen Level E or Ten de Shōwaru Cupid, but I have read some Hunter x Hunter but didn't get too far with it. It's something I've always intended to revisit, but like with so many things, having that time to give it the attention it deserves isn't there right now (whereas with YYH, I know that so well at this stage that I can have it on in the background whilst doing other things and not miss a beat).

How about yourself? Are Level E and Ten de Shōwaru Cupid worth catching up with? Are you a Hunter x Hunter fan? Is it worth the investment of time (like so many others have told me)? Why am I asking so many questions? When will this end? Will all this talk of Yoshihiri Togashi make him take another hiatus (I know I shouldn't joke, it's the man's health after all, but still...)?

So much anime & manga, so little time.
Image

User avatar
Eira
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Phone is Ringing... OMG!

Postby Eira » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:09 am

GeekBoi wrote:Awesome. I'll keep it in mind, but also, don't wait for me either, because I know what I'm like and could get distracted by something shiny and pretty and then you'll be stuck waiting whilst I agonise over whether or not I can justify owning said shiny, pretty thing.

Well if we ever do end up doing something like this I’ll keep in mind the possibility of you falling way behind and I’ll have to go on without you. But I’d rather not have to make that kind of call, a good solider never leaves a man behind.

User avatar
GeekBoi
I Like Anime
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 am

Re: The Phone is Ringing... OMG!

Postby GeekBoi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:16 am

Eira wrote:Well if we ever do end up doing something like this I’ll keep in mind the possibility of you falling way behind and I’ll have to go on without you. But I’d rather not have to make that kind of call, a good solider never leaves a man behind.


No... Go on without me... I'm just holding you back... Save yourselves... If you see my wife let her know that I... ....love.............. Herrrrrrr........................ *BLARRRRRG*
Image

User avatar
Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku
Posts: 1677
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:13 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: The Phone is Ringing... OMG!

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:17 pm

GeekBoi wrote:How about yourself? Are Level E and Ten de Shōwaru Cupid worth catching up with? Are you a Hunter x Hunter fan? Is it worth the investment of time (like so many others have told me)? Why am I asking so many questions? When will this end? Will all this talk of Yoshihiri Togashi make him take another hiatus (I know I shouldn't joke, it's the man's health after all, but still...)?

I myself am not a fan of togashi outside of yyh. I don't think his stories are particularly interesting, so I'm going to say no it isn't worth the time. It wasn't for me at least.

People bombarded with questions feel the need to reply with questions to continue conversations.
Probably soon
It's called hiatus x hiatus for a reason bruh.

All jokes considered enjoy your stay feel free to join in my sig if you want. ::peace::