Podcast Catch Up Blog

Everything Else!
User avatar
SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Podcast Catch Up Blog

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:57 am

Chris wrote:never i only love dandere and kuudere. i hate anything louder then a mouse... but if they want a cookie from the table that i accidently left out i wouldnt be too mad. but i definatly didnt leave them out for them...

Yes, of course. It's not like I just heard you debate with yourself whether Tiaga or Tohsaka would make a better Tsundere Waifu.

Most recent episode heard: Spring 2015 Anime Season Review 3 (7/12/2015)
Finally, less than 2 years to go.
----------------------------------------------------------
No Chris, no one needs to to finish Glass Lip. No one

Im proud of Andrew. .He is finally evolving from his annoying stick in the mud faze and giving mechas, CGs, and club shows a try. Kinda want to see if Berserk breaks you.

I'm sorry Chris, but your brother is right. You have been slacking and are breaking Article II(a) of the Otaku Contract. Please check the contract for further details. http://otakuspirit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2407.

Andrew: "I am such a bad man"
-Yes you are Andrew, yes you are. I'm glad you are finally accepting who you are.

I noticed Chris completely avoided answering whether his wolves must be damned for attacking a loli in Fate. This is something that must be answered Chris, I will not allow you to dodge such an important question.

Speaking of Fate, I noticed you guys always talk about watching Type Moon works but never hear you guys talking about Carnival Phantasm. This is Important. Have you guys seen this show? I expect an answer for this.

User avatar
SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Podcast Catch Up Blog

Postby SethAmaha » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:15 am

Most recent episode heard: Summer 2015 Anime First Impression(08/09/2015)
----------------------------------------------------------
Why do you keep calling Rie Kugimiya Rei? She may be the tsundere queen but she doesn't have blue hair and piloting and eva.

Andrew, it's not Musumi, its musume. Mu-Su-ME!!

Andrew(on My Love Story): "I don't know why I'm enjoying this."
-It's called love, ANDREW!!! That tingly feeling you feel in the black void where your heart should be is called love.

------------------------------------
You say the chicken came first, I completely disagree and will use science to destroy your argument. We know that chicken evolved from dinosaurs. The type of dinosaurs they evolved from layed eggs. Because all new species are a mutation of old ones, the first chicken to be born was a mutation from its dinosaur ancestor and because those ancestors layed eggs, the chicken was hatched from one of those eggs, thus concluding the argument that the egg came before the chicken.

User avatar
BlueSpark
Anime Junky
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:23 am
Location: Germany

Re: Podcast Catch Up Blog

Postby BlueSpark » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:25 am

SethAmaha wrote:You say the chicken came first, I completely disagree and will use science to destroy your argument. We know that chicken evolved from dinosaurs. The type of dinosaurs they evolved from layed eggs. Because all new species are a mutation of old ones, the first chicken to be born was a mutation from its dinosaur ancestor and because those ancestors layed eggs, the chicken was hatched from one of those eggs, thus concluding the argument that the egg came before the chicken.
I beg to differ. It all depends on your definition of a "chicken egg" - i.e. whether you define it as an egg laid by a chicken or one from which a chicken hatches. Unless you can provide me with a universally agreed-upon definition from the scientific community, I'll stand by my assertion that there's no clear answer 8-).
Image
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

User avatar
SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Podcast Catch Up Blog

Postby SethAmaha » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:15 pm

BlueSpark wrote:I beg to differ. It all depends on your definition of a "chicken egg" - i.e. whether you define it as an egg laid by a chicken or one from which a chicken hatches. Unless you can provide me with a universally agreed-upon definition from the scientific community, I'll stand by my assertion that there's no clear answer 8-).


The thing about science is, there is always an answer. Eggs, that is those with hard shells that are laid outside of water like those of fish, came about 312 million years ago whereas domesticated chicken were only bred around 8 thousand years ago.

When speaking of purely with modern chicken and eggs, the answer is still the egg. It was laid a proto chicken, a bird that is not a chicken. Scientifically speaking, the answer will always be the egg.

User avatar
SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Podcast Catch Up Blog

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:39 am

Most recent episode heard: Heart stolen by Anthem of the Heart (09/06/2015)
----------------------------------------------------------
Andrew, here is a quick Japanese lesson that you really need to know. The Japanese don't pronounce their "e's" as "ii" like you do in English, the pronounce them as "eh" like in Spanish. SO it's not monster musuMII, It's monster musuMEH. Its not giigiigii no Kitaro, It's gehgehgeh no kitaro. Remember this important lesson in the future.

Really Andrew? it was bad enough you were calling her Rei, now you are calling her Ria? Rie Kugimiya would be very sad her very simple name is too boring for you to remember correctly.

Andrew( on Charlotte):"I feel we are really just apologizing for ourselves"
-You do need to apologize. You keep putting KEY in such a high pedestal but as Little Busters Refrain and Charlotte have proven, Key has lost their touch and have become no better than any other studio out there.

Chris (on Cross Ange again): "As much as we loved it, we hated it."
-Yep, still a tsundere.

Best Anime pet dog? Dog Days' Eclair Martinozzi. Yes she counts. I will fight you on this.

Chris (commenting on Andrew): "you're horrible. I don't even know you."
-Good Chris, you finally understand the evil you live with. Run Chris, Run.

Andrew (commenting on himself): "I'm so evil"
-You finally admit it

Andrew: "I want a magical girl trap."
Mahou Shoujo Ore Creator: (takes a long puff from Snoop Dog's lost stash) boy do I have great news for you
------------------------------------------------
This is a memory I looked back on as I was listening to the Mahou Shoujo episode and were talking about older shows. Please excuse the language on this:

A few years ago I headed down to the living room and found my little brother watching ESPN. The show he was watching had the Dragon Ball Theme playing in the background and I of course casually asked "Why are they playing the dragon Ball theme there?" My little brother quickly responded and said "that's not the Dragon Ball theme." On that day something in me snapped and the thought that ran through my head went as followed:

You little $hit. You think you know more about Dragon Ball than I do?????? I've been following Goku since we were both children, long before you were even a tiny little sperm. I was there when he learned the Kamehameha. I was there when he first collected the Dragon Balls. I was there when he first turned Super Saiyan. I was there even when he turned Super Saiyan 4. And you little smartass think you know better than I do???? You little $hit.


In my inner otaku rage, I silently went to the computer we had set up in the living room, went to Youtube, set all the setting in the stereo to max and blasted the Dragon Ball theme so loud I made the Neighbors house shake and proved him wrong. I may not have many things I can take pride on, but my love and knowledge of anime is not to be trifled with.
Last edited by SethAmaha on Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BlueSpark
Anime Junky
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:23 am
Location: Germany

Re: Podcast Catch Up Blog

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:07 am

SethAmaha wrote:Andrew( on Charlotte):"I feel we are really just apologizing for ourselves"
-You do need to apologize. You keep putting KEY in such a high pedestal but as Little Busters Refrain and Charlotte have proven, Key has lost their touch and have become no better than any other studio out there.
Careful with opinions, there :P. I hold the studio in equally high regard. And I happen to think that Little Busters! Refrain was quite fantastic. Of course, this thread is dedicated to you expressing your own opinion. But try not to berate our poor little hosts too much - they are people with feelings, too :>.

SethAmaha wrote:
You little Shinji. You think you know more about Dragon Ball than I do?????? I've been following Goku since we were both children, long before you were even a tiny little sperm. I was there when he learned the Kamehameha. I was there when he first collected the Dragon Balls. I was there when he first turned Super Saiyan. I was there even when he turned Super Saiyan 4. And you little smartass think you know better than I do???? You little Shinji.
That's an impressive inner monolog. I can almost see it animated in my mind's eye - with you looking like Vegeta :D.
Image
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

User avatar
SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Podcast Catch Up Blog

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:59 am

Careful with opinions, there :P. I hold the studio in equally high regard. And I happen to think that Little Busters! Refrain was quite fantastic. Of course, this thread is dedicated to you expressing your own opinion. But try not to berate our poor little hosts too much - they are people with feelings, too :>.

Those two shows I mentioned have been a disappointment to me if I'm being honest. Older Key shows had characters you connected with and fell in love with but with Charlotte the two main characters weren't all that likable and how they ended up made no sense to me since they didn't really show they had any kind of relationship going for them. As for little Busters, I liked the first season but the second season was so jarring with relationships taking a complete 180 with the big reveal at the end that wasn't properly sprinkled throughout the show as well as it could have. Since then I've taken Key with more skepticism; if it works, then yay for me, but if it doesn't at least I don't feel as disappointed as I did with those two.

Now, as for the host. they invite everyone to critique them at the end of most episodes so I just have fun with it and take them on their offer. Considering the I know Chris reads this thread and has gone on record saying "I do defend my brother when I need to" but never saying anything, proves to me that he agrees with what I say. It's okay Chris, I'll say to Andrew everything you've held back from saying.

User avatar
SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Podcast Catch Up Blog

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:10 am

Most recent episode heard: Summer 2015 Anime Season Review 1 (9/27//2015)
----------------------------------------------------------
Andrew! You finally said Rie's name correctly....now on to her last name. It's kuGImiya, not kuJImia. I've noticed you keep making hard G's. In Japanese romanji, G's are pronounced softly. The hard G's like your kuJImia are signaled by J's. This has been your daily japanese pronunciation lesson.

Oh Chris, it not Huge-o mundo, Its Hueco Mundo as in "U-E-KO. It's spanish for Hollow World.

No Chris, Umaru-chan is not a loli. Your brother is correct, she is a gremlin, not a loli.
------------------------------------------------------------
I've not gotten to the Gansta review yet, but I'm dreading it. Considering the anime devil listens to Andrew, I'm afraid that Andrew is going to say something along the lines of "I can't wait to see what more this studio is going to do." There have been so many times when I want to scream at Andrew and tell him to stop wishing for things; Nothing good comes from Andrew wishing for things.

User avatar
SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Podcast Catch Up Blog

Postby SethAmaha » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:18 am

Today was my day off so no podcast listening today.

So I'm finally rewatching Index in prep for Season 3 and I have to say that the difference is huge. I first watched Index illegitimately when I was in High school and had no way to actually pay to watch it but now I'm watching it in 1080P legitimately on Crunchyroll and seeing J.C. Staff on the best resolution available is a real treat compared to the illegitimate low rez of several years ago.

User avatar
SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:07 am
Contact:

Re: Podcast Catch Up Blog

Postby SethAmaha » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:32 am

Most recent episode heard: Summer 2015 Anime Season Review 4 (10/18/2015)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew: "Knowing anime logic, you kiss a dragon, it turns into a loli"
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid Creator: (takes a long puff from Snoop Dog's lost stash) "boy do I have great news for you"

Andrew (on Wakaba Girl): "I want more, but it's one of those be careful what you wish for type of deals"
-Really? Now you learn that lesson? COuld have used that when you kept asking for more fantasy.

Chris wrote: (on Tsunderes) "never i only love dandere and kuudere. i hate anything louder then a mouse"

Also Chris (on Food Wars) : I love Mito. Shes so cuper tsundere.
- Am I the only one that has noticed this? Chris constantly goers gaga on tsunderes, has a favorite anime list with title after title featuring tsunderes, has had debates on best tsundere waifu but when confronted by the evidence, he violently rejects loving them. If that's not being tsundere for tsundere than i don't know what it.
------------------------------------------
For this last though I'll have to expand more on my criticism of their take on Key. They just went on on their disappointment with Charlotte and the many problems it had but still they recommended the show. If this had been any other show, they would have bashed it without holding back and not recommended it but because it's Key, they let it pass.

Chris and Andrew unfortunately look at Key with rose colored glasses and that's a problem when they review Key shows. The past 3 titles, Little Busters Refrain, Charlotte, and Rewrite have all fallen behind their expectations in one way or another but still they lose sight of the fact that they have serious problems with them and fail as a show but instead of giving them a final judgement based on the contents of the shows, they keep weighing heavily on who they are affiliated with them, making their reviews unreliable. We know that Ky will have more shows in the future, but next time they need to take off the rose colored glasses and judge the shows as if it were from any other affiliated studio and stop letting them pass just because Key had a hand in them.