Mr. Tonegawa: Middle Management Blues

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
Eira
Crazy About Anime

Re: Mr. Tonegawa: Middle Management Blues

Postby Eira » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:55 pm

SethAmaha wrote:i wished they would take away is the pssst pssst pssts. That gets annoying and distracts from the drama.

Nah dude, they have to keep that. That’s what makes Kaiji, kaiji. Plus i feel like it helps with the dramatic tension and illustrating the situation very well. I feel like it’s intergral to the show and it’s direction to have this included otherwise it would have to go about many others aspects differently in order for something to provide the same thing to the show.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:34 am

Episode 3
Just before the spoilers I wanna say this was a great episode, I loved it!
Spoiler:
what a great episode, throwing a buissness trio full of leisurely activities was a great idea. It’s also nice to see tonegawa get a win by the end of an episode, usually he gains some ground but loses it by the end. But this episode was really good and once everyone was happy it just put a big dumb smile on my face, watching all the guys just hanging out, enjoying some cold Alcahol and fine meat in an outdoor barbecue is just such a pure scene of joy and fun. I’m seriosuly jealous right now and want nothing more then to be a part of it. Anyone would be forgiven if they threw something like that and I was involved, what a great way to win back the men and what a great episode to watch, made me happy and made me want to have a barbecue, too bad it’s winter in Australia, no barbies for me.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:22 pm

Okay, So this is like a (relatively) lighthearted side story maybe? AS far as the recap, It has been awhile since ultimate survivor aired, so I will forgive them that. But it seems like you have to be somewhat familiar with Kaiji to get the OVER THE TOP WRENCHING ANGST!!!!!! The Narrator is maybe even more over the top than ever! I think it's a hoot so far.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:01 am

Episode 6

Spoiler:
I was not expecting them to start firing people, now it’s becoming more like Kaiji, as each step of designing the game has become a contest for the workers. Now they’re bascially fighting for top spot here and people are getting fired (bascially eliminated) and now and I can’t wait to see where it goes from here. So next is the design of the cards but I can’t think of too much that’s able to come from that, but we still got a handful of episodes left, either way I’m excited about it.

Also in a buissness show like this firing someone is as good as killing them off, even down to tonegawa being haunted at the end

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:01 pm

Episode 7:

Spoiler:
introducing disease into the group is a pretty good idea for an episode, the way they all banded together towards the end to support gonda and make tonegawa proud of him really touched my heart, that moment really gave me the good feels.
But now pretty much everyone has it and I wonder if that’s actually gonna cause an issue or if they’ll just skip forward to when everyone’s cured next episode. I kinda want to see some time where everyone’s sick except tonegawa and the first guy who got it since he should be better by now.
Also I imagine someone might get fired over this, or rather I hope someone does. The idea of the team getting smaller and smaller as people are fired is a really interesting idea so I hope it’s actually played with and used not just a one or two time ocurance.
Episode count on MAL is still listed as unknown, so I can only hope it’s gonna be a two core. I’m sure I could easily find this info out but I can’t be bothered atm. But I hope it is nice and long and expansive cause that’ll give us time to dive into those detail and slowly see the team srink until it’s just a handful of people left but he men in Black who were a part of it will be rewarded greatly for having created it.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:36 am

Eira wrote:Episode 7:

Episode count on MAL is still listed as unknown, so I can only hope it’s gonna be a two core. I’m sure I could easily find this info out but I can’t be bothered atm.

*points to the first post of the topic*

If still lazy to look, it's
Spoiler:

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:00 pm

Episode 21:

Spoiler:
Now this is getting interesting, I’ve been holding off on posting here too much since it’s not a super active topic but I’m pretty interested to see if anyone else is still watching it and as invested as I am. This last episode is a super investment booster tho.

When the show started to set up including the foreman I wasn’t really for it, but then I realised I had nothing to worry about since it’s obviously the same talent working in both across the board so it’s just as good. But having both stories now reach a point where they’re getting stories that actually take more then 1 episode and have a suspenseful ‘to be continued’ moment is really good.

The way the drama is played up at the end of Tonegawa’s section is great and the lead up it to was really interesting. I was under the impression it was just a normal episode and everything was going alone as an episode usually dose, but then we get the epic twist that it’s someone within the company and all of a sudden everything gets dramatic and they played it up super well, I was laughing but also really gripped and wanting to see it conintue and then it cuts me off. I hate it so much but it was a perfectly played cliffhanger, I really can’t wait to see the continuation.

The foreman’s story isn’t as gripping, you could tell from early on what it’s going to be, it’s just the too leaders trying to outplay each other and the fact that they have the same day out is interesting but for now it doesn’t have as much grip as the Tonegawa story since that had a real twist to it and now going to become a very different story as they try to find the insider who runs the hate account. While the foreman is just, the two trying to outplay each other and foil eachothers plans and has been that way from the start of its telling.

But I think having these two stories running along side eachother and both of them getting cliffhanger ‘to be continued’ moments is really good and makes for great gripping content and helps play to having both these stories very well. Since before one usually overpowered the other or they felt weird in how they played after each other.

This instead feels like two short but distinct and great episodes rather a bigger but messy episode.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:46 am

Eira wrote:Episode 21:

Spoiler:
Now this is getting interesting, I’ve been holding off on posting here too much since it’s not a super active topic but I’m pretty interested to see if anyone else is still watching it and as invested as I am.

Spoiler:
Anyone that sees my earlier comments on the show can tell I really hated the way this show started. The commentator was super annoying and if it weren't for my inability to drop bad shows, I would have been done with it by the second episode. The show as it is now is great because the commentator has been basically delegated to just the intro and outro and the characters are either allowed to just have a momonogue or we as the viewers are able to just take in the visual cues without having such an annoying voice narrate everything as if we are complete morons.

I have to say that I welcome the split between the two characters over just following Tonegawa because it allows for a more diverse storytelling without it feeling so formulaic. This was starting to become a problem before they brought in the foreman and it started to feel a little boring so I'm glad for the change.

Neko
Jii-San

Postby Neko » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Every now and then I catch up on Tonegawa. I am never disappointed! Not close to EP 21, so that's all i can offer right now.