Music Girls (Ongaku Shōjo)

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Music Girls (Ongaku Shōjo)

Postby Mys145 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:51 pm

Music Girls

Plot:

Hanako Yamadaki encounters the obscure, low-selling 11-member "C-list" idol unit Ongaku Shōjo. Their producer Ikehashi thinks the unit needs a new member. Together, Ongaku Shōjo and Hanako strive for the top of the music world.

Legal Streaming: http://www.crunchyroll.com/music-girls

Creator: Matsuri Santa
Director: Yukio Nishimoto
Writer: Deko Akao
Music:
Studio: Studio DEEN
Genre: Music, Slice of Life
Episodes: 12

phpBB [video]

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: Music Girls (Ongaku Shōjo)

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:21 am

Not too bad. I'm glad that the dancing isn't the awful CG animation of Love Live and the girls a cute and don't have any off putting characters. If you like Idol shows, this just might work for you.

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:03 am

The opening starts off with the worst CG dancing I've ever seen, only to then not use CG during the performance in the actual show. I have no idea who gave the ok for that, but that person should be fired. As for the rest of the show, it pretty much played out exactly like I thought it would. I did not like this episode. I'm giving it one or two more episodes, but will most likely drop.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Guess I got over how awkward the show was but I'm starting to enjoy it now. I don't mind that it has so many stills or that it is CG just due to the fact that its a short sits not like I expect much of a budget to begin with.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:40 am

Episode 7
Spoiler:
Lets forget the huge amount of stills the episode had and lets skip right to the issue of this episode. I get the pure idol thing, but is it really that hard to go on a talk show or even just send out a press release and explain that they are siblings? I find her overreaction to the situation so stupid.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:40 am

Final thoughts
Spoiler:
I hate that I have so be so negative all the time but here we go. This show is like an ugly car with a good interior. The art and animation of this show is horrid. One look at any point in the show shows that the art is super simplistic. Every single performance is the same with only a change in background. Even the audience is the exact same. There are also far too many stills. The only excuse I can find for this is that this show had a really small team and a tiny budget. They basically had about two or three episodes worth of shots and then reused them all throughout the 12 episodes with only a little change in color or setting and that kills this show completely.

What is does have are good characters. Each one is unique and all but one are pleasing to watch. That being said, the characters did not save this show in the slightest. Because the cast was so big, each character isn't very memorable, to the point where I could not tell you who is who even if I had a list of names to choose from. There was not enough time devoted to each one and unlike with shows like the iDolm@ster and WUG, this was one large group instead of smaller groups that are handled individually. This means that the entire group of girls are explored as a group and less like individuals.

As much I liked the characters, the terrible art and animation, as well as the forgetfulness of the characters makes this show very lacking. It had far too many still, repeated aniations, and not enough time to each character. This unfortunately killed the show and is not worth recommending.