Cells at Work

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: Cells at Work

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:41 am

Episode 6
Spoiler:
Wait, Am I allowed to ship these two? As Seki-chan pointed out, they are technically brother and sister. Even more technically, they can't breed. Ow. My Otaku brain and Nerd brain are fighting for once and it is not pretty.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Episode 8
Spoiler:
I simply love the world they have made and are continuing to expand on. I love the characters, they are all very loveable and easy to digest. I especially love that everything in this world makes sense. All the rules they have put in place make sense. All the little details have a purpose, from why each character type is designed the way they do, even to minor details like Red Cell's ahoge; they all serve a purpose and to me, that is the true mark of a good writer.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:28 am

Episode 10
Spoiler:
Never in my life have I ever been more afraid of my own body. May the macrophage that live in my body never turn against me.

SeismicWolf
Otaku

Postby SeismicWolf » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:33 pm

SethAmaha wrote:Episode 10
Spoiler:
Never in my life have I ever been more afraid of my own body. May the macrophage that live in my body never turn against me.

Autoimmune Disorders Suck

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:00 am

Final Thought

The show that killed a couple of David Production animators. This is definitely the anime of the year. This show is loved by fans and doctors as a very entertaining and educational show that makes us all wish it was a thing back when we had microbiology. If Osmosis Jones was a buddy cop series with little regards for the facts, the creator of this series looked at a Microbiology textbook and asked himself "how can I moedify this"? and came out with pure gold.

The art style of this show is very shifts between very sharp in closeups and serious moments, and more squishy for the softer scenes. The designs for the characters are surprisingly very cool and according to intuitive fans and doctors who have reviewed the show, very on point when taking the real life equivalent into account; such examples are the the obvious red and white being distinct in their palettes but more importantly is how the germs are designed to match their real world counter part in various ways such as Staphylococcus aureus having a grape vine like dress, much like how real Staphylococcus aureus bunch up together in a similar manner. Even small details, like our protagonist Red Blood Cell AE3803 having an ahoge that actually represents her sickle cell structure, that in a real body would cause it to move regularly around the bloodstream, hence her terrible sense of direction. The magaka of this series this series clearly did her homework beforehand and each character is designed with real medical science in consideration.

As I mentioned before, this anime probably killed a couple of animators. This show moved very smoothly. The actions and destruction scenes rarely stood still and in the most serious of moments, that animation is taken up another notch. May the animators rest in peace.

The show is episodic with most episodes dealing with either a particular disease or cell. This is by no means a negative on the show since consideration the concept, it actually works remarkably well. there are a few 2 episodes arcs and each one are some of the most standout as they deal with either serious issues, or take a very surprising but realistic way of looking at the subject. This all boils down to mean that despite the episodic nature of the show, the story telling of this show is amazing and each episode is captivating in their own way.

If you haven't watched this show, drop what you are doing and go watch it. This show wins in art, animation, story, designs, and consistent quality. While there are a few inconsistencies with regards to the science behind the show, it only does so when it requires a bit of storytelling and always comes back to show the true science that goes into it. A good example of this is the fact that white blood cells don't shank pathogens with super sharp knife, the real world counterpart actually devours the pathogen whole, breaks them down, and learns from its juicy corpe; okay so lied, that actually sounds kinda gory and badass. I recommend this fr everyone, especially for young kids and those who might be interested in the medical field as it is one of the best education shows out there.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:24 am

SethAmaha wrote:... show that makes us all wish it was a thing back when we had microbiology.

Indeed, it was called 'once upon a time...life'.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato