Lord of Vermillion: Guren no Ou

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:33 pm

Plot:

Tokyo in 2030. In a suburban area, suddenly a high-frequency resonant sound is heard, and at the same time a red mist shrouds the area. Anyone who hears the sound, be it human or animal, loses consciousness. The government estimates that it might be an unidentified virus, and fearful of an epidemic, blockades Tokyo and moves its base to Osaka. However, six days after the incident, those who lost consciousness from the sound awaken for no apparent reason. Those blockaded in Tokyo slowly start to get the city functioning again, but after that day strange incidents start to occur at the blockade border. Those who have awakened a hidden blood power arise, are drawn to one another, and must face a cruel fate.

Legal Streaming: http://www.crunchyroll.com/lord-of-verm ... imson-king

Creator: Square Enix
Director: Eiji Suganuma
Writer: Masashi Suzuki
Music:
Studio: Asread
Genre: Action, Fantasy
Episodes:

[video][/video]
Last edited by Mys145 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tori
Super NEET II

Re: Lord of Vermillion: Guren no Ou

Postby Tori » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Ok, let me sum up what I just watched.

Everyone was fighting and killing each other. MC and his girlfriend? kill each other. Turn back time and everything is fine, they are going to college. Strange sound happens and red mist appears. Everyone collapses and only their clothes remain. MC gets transported to another world where he's questioned by a goth loli. MC wakes up in hospital one month later. Apparently the mist made everyone pass out, but everyone else woke after a week where it took him a month. Apparently Tokyo is surrounded by a plant and red mist so it's cut off from the rest of Japan. Now a badass looking journalist is asking MC vague questions about something he did in the past while also seemingly trying to start a fight with him. MC and brother? returns to the dojo that is their home only to hear the same sound that made them pass out in the past. There badass looking guy is snapping his fingers making this noice and now their father? has turned into a giant 4 armed ogre who's trying to kill them. MC gets killed but doesn't actually die and now has red eyes.

Anime/10
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

SethAmaha
I Love Anime

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:18 am

The story seems interesting but I'm getting serious Gunslinger Stratos vibes and I'm worried that the pacing might get completely destroyed. Hopefully it doesn't do that because I do want to enjoy the show

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:17 pm

SethAmaha wrote:The story seems interesting but I'm getting serious Gunslinger Stratos vibes and I'm worried that the pacing might get completely destroyed. Hopefully it doesn't do that because I do want to enjoy the show

it is based on a tcg so it could go either turns to crap and it might even have spinoff characters in season 2 if it gets one

SethAmaha
I Love Anime

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:27 pm

michelous wrote:it is based on a tcg so it could go either turns to crap and it might even have spinoff characters in season 2 if it gets one

NO wonder they have the same brooding feel. Could someone please give me even one example of a good anime that was adapted from a game? I honestly can't think of one that was truly amazing.

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:39 pm

SethAmaha wrote:
michelous wrote:it is based on a tcg so it could go either turns to crap and it might even have spinoff characters in season 2 if it gets one

NO wonder they have the same brooding feel. Could someone please give me even one example of a good anime that was adapted from a game? I honestly can't think of one that was truly amazing.

iff we get lucky it could end up closer to Rage of Bahamut which was also based on card game

SethAmaha
I Love Anime

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:57 pm

michelous wrote:NO wonder they have the same brooding feel. Could someone please give me even one example of a good anime that was adapted from a game? I honestly can't think of one that was truly amazing.

iff we get lucky it could end up closer to Rage of Bahamut which was also based on card game[/quote]
Alright I'll give you that one. I liked the first one, the second wasn't as good but still enjoyable. I highly doubt that it will but I still hope it gets somewhere close to it