One Room

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
Eira
Crazy About Anime

One Room

Postby Eira » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:17 am

As far as I can tell there’s no thread for this, I don’t know if no one here is even watching it or maybe there’s a rule against shorts (if so please forgive me I didn’t know) so I’m just gonna make this cause I’m watching it and I don’t mind yelling into an empty void anyway!

Episode 0
Spoiler:
Well season 2 started off with an episode 0 that’s for the most part just a recap of the first route from the first season, I really don’t like the girl from this route too much, she’s cute and all but it was easily the most boring section from the first season, the little sister and last girl were much better IMO.
We don’t get much outside of the recap, she just shows up at the house with a beach bag and we see a calader saying ‘beach’ so I guess the show finally realised what it is and is just like “sure why not, let’s do a beach episode RIGHT AWAY!” And I’m fine with that.
More evidence that the show knows what it is now is the end card. In the first season when the credits rolled there was always a little end card graphic usually it was just the girl of the route looking cute or whatever but this time she wasn’t just looking cute she was looking sexy and there was a panty shot and everything. There was nothing like in the first season, yer it was a fanservice show all along and it made plenty of hints and ha dundertones but this season season isn’t pulling its punches, it knows what it is and it’s going all in right away. And you know what, I kinda like it.

I’m gonna be watching this for sure cause I’m weridly obsessed by it, call it a guilty pleasure I guess.
Is anyone else watching it?
Does anyone else here ever care about it?
Am I just talking into the void?

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: One Room

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:28 am

I liked Episode 0. Its a good refresher for the first season which I badly needed to remember what the show was about

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:13 am

Episode 1
Spoiler:
It has been a long time since I watched the first season and I forgot how limiting 4 mins really is, if they have enough budget and faith in this to make a second season then couldn’t you give it something like 9 mins, I’m not asking for full episodes here but most short shows are only 9 mins and still work great and I don’t think the show would suffer much to still fill that time.
Anyway I really liked this episode, as I said in my episode 0 talk I really think the show understand what it is more and is fine with just going ball out on the fanservice. Lingering shots of the chest, neko and legs. Slow pan shots of her whole body in swim wear and since it’s not a multi-cast show and the protagonist doesn’t actually ever appear on screen. We just get a lot of shots of her on her own being cute and looking great.
Although the ending is... something. The fact that he just pushes her down like that is weird, like I know that they’re dating now but as someone who’s dating you can just easily do that a lot more naturally and it would better establish a mood then just pushing her down, escpically when she’s busy trying to study. You guys were bascially alone on that beach but now that she’s busy you’re gonna get in her way, not cool. The next episode and maybe the rest of this arc is now either gonna be her getting mad/upset and then patching things up by the end or she goes along with it and then the shows goes back to fluff. There could also be a middle ground of her not getting upset but also not doing it and then drama, but I don’t mind what they do as long as it’s done well, the first season showed they can do fluff or nothing or drama well and so I don’t mind really, just my prediction.

Good episode, I still weirdly enjoy it.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:59 pm

The gist of the show is basically "Date a cute anime girl the Animation." This concept lets itself well in the fact that the perspective of the show is in the first person with the protagonist, allowing you to take the place of said character, and the closeups are all, if we are just being realistic and honest, i what a young, healthy male(or female, anime can be all inclusive) would focus on.

Don't expect any drama or plot coming out of this. Its a simple show with a simple goal and should be enjoyed its trying to do and have a good time.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:32 am

I have only one thing to say: Yui is so gao CUTE!

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:53 pm

SethAmaha wrote:Don't expect any drama or plot coming out of this. Its a simple show with a simple goal and should be enjoyed its trying to do and have a good time.

Did you not watch the first season, the way you talk about it really makes it sound like you haven’t seen it. Plus if you had seen it then you should know that’s drama may come into it when they get to he third arc, cause last time the third arc was pretty heavy and the part I liked the most.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:57 am

Episode 2

Spoiler:
Yes, I was late to watch episode 2, sue me I guess. But anyway the protag that’s meant to be ME is a god gao Clean-Clean-kun and It’s a similar problem I had to the first season, fun fact: I wrote a review for the first season, if you’re curious it’s on my MAL. But anyway I didn’t like the first or second arc and I’m feeling the same again, Yui is too anime for me and the protag for her part of the story is not the kind of person I am and it bothers me to watch it. I know there’s rules against hate watching so let me state I do enjoy the show, I just know it’s objectivly bad and kinda find it as a Quilty pleasure but I’m also really waiting for the 3rd arc to hopefully save it.

Episode 3

Yer, it’s all in one post cause I was late on episode 2.

Spoiler:
did he just purpose, what! That’s just insane, like first of all he acted like more of a Clean-Clean-kun to her, and I can understand the whole working hard to get a ring for your girlfriend and keeping it a secret, I’ve done the same thing before. But he went about it in a really bad way and made her way too worried and did nothing to try and reassure her or cheer her up, and even canceled dates, like what a dick (<— probs a censored word) but yer, also didn’t the show start bascially right from where the first seasons first arc ended, so haven’t they only been dating for like a few weeks, be careful guys, if you go to fast you’re gonna get whiplash.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:23 am

No episode 4 cause I was worried about being called out for hate-watching, I just wanted to wait for the next arc, I didn’t enjoy that last one.
This new arc is a lot better already, imo.

Episode 5

Spoiler:
Praise the lord! Finally we’re moving on from the last girl, she was way too bland. Now I thought we were going to re visit the imouto from the first season, since we re visited Yui from the first season. But for some reason we got a whole new girl and she’s super cute, I already like her more then Yui or the little sister from last season, she doesn’t beat the third girl from season 1 yet but I could see her doing so. I just hate that the protag is a coward.
When she asks “what, too close, did you get excited” and then she acts like I said no, but I totally would say yes and just kiss her there and then, this guy has no skills. Real people are generic anime protagonists so if they wanna do this POV thing then they need to not treat us like generic anime protags.
But overall I like this girl, so this arc should be good.
Last edited by Eira on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Episode 6:
Spoiler:
I almost wanna bust out my theory crafting skills for this show, I don’t know why dumb little simple cute shows always give me these theory vibes but I feel like there’s something weird going on here. Obviously each different girl is linked up to a different guy, this is obvious from the way his own personality changes and his life and surrodings and how there’s no way to make a proper timeline of events that could work. But I feel like our current arc is actually set really far back in the past which opens up a lot of weird posibilites, like maybe alternate univrueses, time travel, or reincarnation.
Here’s the thing, the girl talks about having survived the war. What war? Like World War II, that doesn’t ad up if it’s modern day japan, they’re clearly in the country side so it could be old japan but our protagonist also has a smart phone, did this world have a more recent war, is there some crazy lore here?
Maybe I’m just going insane and she does say “I’ve heard so many stories like this” which makes it seem like she’s talked with people who have survived the war but why does she go from being worried about the bath house to saying she survived the war and met many people.
Maybe it’s bad writing, maybe I’m insane, or maybe I’m right! Who knows, but now I’m more invested in this then I was before and it’s probarbly not intentional on the creators part.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:45 am

I hate that I seem to only watch shows that have no conversation, seriously guys it’s 4 mins, just take a moment to watch it’s almost no commitment.

Episode 7:
Spoiler:
who directed this episode? Cause they did a fantastic job! This episode was really well directed for some reason, it had some really creative shoots, a lot of really well made shots. As always the animation is alsonreally nice andthe lighting is spot on as always, I love they way they’ve used light and water together this arc, it’s good stuff. This show is way too well made for what it actually is, it’s so weird, I’m sure it being short is how it’s able to have such high production values but the director is still very good and creative to bring some of this stuff to life. Also this girl is actually really good, she got some good emotional moments and I really felt some of them, and her responses to “me” were actually closer to what I would say, you may remember a few episodes back when I said I would just say ‘yes’ to being excited by her but then they went and did it this episode and it made me smile, this show is too good for it’s own good in some aspects and yet it’s such a weird premise that I feel like everyone over looks it.

I unironically like it, there I said it!