The Otaku Contract

Everything Else!
SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime

The Otaku Contract

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:50 am

Due to a recently discovered transgression by brother Chris, the rules of the Otaku are hereby written down. Let it be known that brother Chris' transgressions are noted, and may he offer prayers of forgiveness lets he be smited. ALL HAIL THE TSUNDERE GODDESS!!!!

The Otaku Contract
I____________________ hereby swear upon her holiness, the Tsundere Goddess to love anime with all I have to offer. I hereby swear to follow the rules of the otaku. To uphold the laws of the anime addict, to never fail in my love for my idols, to protect my waifus from loneliness, and to smite those who dare brake te sacred text. All Hail her grace, the Tsundere Goddess. May her wrath be cute and quick.

I. All Hail her Grace.
      a. All must offer prayers to her grace, the Tsundere Goddess. Lest she smite thee with unyielding pain and suffering
    II. All anime must be given equal treatment
      a. All must shows must be seen. Slack shall not be forgiven.
      b. No show may be dropped unless one meets the Rule of 3.
      c. Sleep is for the weak. Her grace has no need for the weak. The weak shall be culled, and only the strong may serve her grace, the Tsundere Goddess.
    III. Protect the smiles
      a. All cute smiles must be protected.
      b. Life and liberty are but small price to pay for protecting the smiles.
      c. Slow, and unending pain for yea who fails to protect the smiles.
    IV. Waifu is Laifu
      a. All waifus must be loved, cherished, and adored by all.
      b. All who betray a waifu shall be dammed in the pits of eternal hell, the dreaded thighs of a sweaty, hairy man.

+All must hereby print and sign this contract to renew there vows of otaku and gve praise to her grace, the Tsundere Goddess.
+Any amendments to this contract must be brought forth to the Otaku council and approved by her grace, The Tsundere Godess.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Re: The Otaku Contract

Postby fragoff » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:46 am

Rem is ultimate waifu of univers. Your godess and waifu are trash!!!!!! ;)
Last edited by fragoff on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:42 pm

SethAmaha wrote:Due to a recently discovered transgression by brother Chris, the rules of the Otaku are hereby written down. Let it be known that brother Chris' transgressions are noted, and may he offer prayers of forgiveness lets he be smited. ALL HAIL THE TSUNDERE GODDESS!!!!

The Otaku Contract
I____________________ hereby swear upon her holiness, the Tsundere Goddess to love anime with all I have to offer. I hereby swear to follow the rules of the otaku. To uphold the laws of the anime addict, to never fail in my love for my idols, to protect my waifus from loneliness, and to smite those who dare brake te sacred text. All Hail her grace, the Tsundere Goddess. May her wrath be cute and quick.

I. All Hail her Grace.
      a. All must offer prayers to her grace, the Tsundere Goddess. Lest she smite thee with unyielding pain and suffering
      c. Sleep is for the weak. Her grace has no need for the weak. The weak shall be culled, and only the strong may serve her grace, the Tsundere Goddess.
    III. Protect the smiles
    IV. Waifu is Laifu
      b. All who betray a waifu shall be dammed in the pits of eternal hell, the dreaded thighs of a sweaty, hairy man.

+All must hereby print and sign this contract to renew there vows of otaku and gve praise to her grace, the Tsundere Goddess.
+Any amendments to this contract must be brought forth to the Otaku council and approved by her grace, The Tsundere Godess.

You seem to be mistaken my loyalty is to the Loli’s in my orphanage. If you wish I can help you build a wing on my orphanage similar to seismics kimonomimi wing but ultimately the Loli’s will always come first in my orphanage.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:54 pm

SethAmaha wrote:Due to a recently discovered transgression by brother Chris, the rules of the Otaku are hereby written down. Let it be known that brother Chris' transgressions are noted, and may he offer prayers of forgiveness lets he be smited. ALL HAIL THE TSUNDERE GODDESS!!!!

The Otaku Contract

I. All Hail her Grace.
    III. Protect the smiles
    IV. Waifu is Laifu

I've been an "otaku" for 15+ years and don't agree with any of this. I'll see you in my eternal damnation. Away from romcoms, idols, lolis, and most other fansies.
I'll see my brethren of the old blood there.

Joe "Fullmetal-Senpai" Redacted

Eira
I Love Anime

Postby Eira » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:53 am

SethAmaha wrote: The Otaku Contract

And then no one agreed to it, lol. I can’t agree with this, ALL shows must be watched and none can be dropped before watching 3 episodes, Ye nah. For times sake there’s no point in watching a show you know is bad or that you’ll dislike and there’s no point going to 3 episodes if something simply isn’t grabbing you as much as you like. In reality an anime should be able to grab your attention and hold it from episode 1, you shouldn’t have to sit though 2 episodes of crap becuase 3 and onwards might have a pay off.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:34 am

Eira wrote:In reality an anime should be able to grab your attention and hold it from episode 1, you shouldn’t have to sit though 2 episodes of crap becuase 3 and onwards might have a pay off.
Fair enough, but this way, you might lose out on some of those shows that do a 180 after 2 or 3 episodes, e.g. Rumbling Hearts or Madoka Magica. I'm not saying your approach is wrong, but what it boils down to is that I don't believe there's an ideal guideline for when to drop or not to drop a series. At least I won't be shackled by any contract in this regard. *gets ready for incoming stone throws*
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:31 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Eira wrote:In reality an anime should be able to grab your attention and hold it from episode 1, you shouldn’t have to sit though 2 episodes of crap becuase 3 and onwards might have a pay off.
Fair enough, but this way, you might lose out on some of those shows that do a 180 after 2 or 3 episodes, e.g. Rumbling Hearts or Madoka Magica. I'm not saying your approach is wrong, but what it boils down to is that I don't believe there's an ideal guideline for when to drop or not to drop a series. At least I won't be shackled by any contract in this regard. *gets ready for incoming stone throws*

And that is why we are here, counting on everyone to tell us if a show is good or not. That is why giving an opinion on a show you just watch is important, no matter how long the review is.
Often do i look or ignore a show based on a couple of reviews. I think this is the real thing here: don't watch 3 episodes of everything. Read 5-10 reviews on it to get a general 'as unbias as possible' idear and decide if you should try this show or not.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Eira
I Love Anime

Postby Eira » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:12 am

BlueSpark wrote:you might lose out on some of those shows that do a 180 after 2 or 3 episodes, e.g. Rumbling Hearts or Madoka Magica. I'm not saying your approach is wrong, but what it boils down to is that I don't believe there's an ideal guideline for when to drop or not to drop a series.

Of course I didn’t mean that I only watch 1 episode of a show before making a decision, a lot of shows I will give more chances if I can see potential, I’m just saying that it would be nice if all shows just got to the point and showed us some good and cool stuff right away and then kept to that the whole way through. Overall tho you’re right, there is no set guideline for when to drop a show and I think the whole ‘3 Episode rule’ is dumb and unworkable restricted.
Funnily enough I actually dropped madoka magica after 1 episode and then after a friend of mine told me I HAVE to keep watching I gave it another go and that time dropped it after episode 2, eventually I reached a stage where I had this weird mentality that if I started a show I CAN’T drop it, regardless. And so I went back and finished all the shows I had ever dropped including madoka magica and maybe my mentality just wasn’t in the right place cause I still didn’t like it, maybe I was just that far gone in my bias. After a rewatch a year or two later I enjoyed it a lot more.

fragoff wrote:And that is why we are here, counting on everyone to tell us if a show is good or not. That is why giving an opinion on a show you just watch is important, no matter how long the review is.
Often do i look or ignore a show based on a couple of reviews. I think this is the real thing here: don't watch 3 episodes of everything.

True, a lot of the time if I’m not so sure about a show after an episode or two and it’s done or gone further then I’ve seen I’ll ask friend and look around online for what people are thinking of it, it can sometimes be hard to get a good idea even with all that stuff, you really need to find a friend or reviewer with similar taste to you a lot of the time, luckily I have both soi can usually get a good idea, but as I said higher up, I just hate the idea of an ‘episode rule’ if you hate something nothing wrong with dropping it after 1 or 2 episodes (in most circumstances)