Will Case Closed Movies Come Back Into Print

Current and Classic Animation!
JaredScott5
I Like Anime

Will Case Closed Movies Come Back Into Print

Postby JaredScott5 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 pm

I finally got into Case Closed and really enjoyed movie 3, but it looks like all of the movies are either out of print or being scalped. Does anyone know why that is and if someone is picking the series up for a possible reprint?

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: Will Case Closed Movies Come Back Into Print

Postby Mys145 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:23 am

So Funimation basically gave up on Detective Conan a long time ago and only did the first 123 episodes (not 130 since they broke up the 1-2 hour episodes into 2-4 half hour episodes). Recently the license for Detective Conan expired and those episodes and movies are no longer streaming.

Currently Crunchyroll is still subbing the current episodes of the TV series while Viz is still releasing the manga. As for the possibly of a relicense, it's possible but on the lower end in my opinion. I don't think the TV series will get a physical release ever again and definitely not a dub especially with how adapting it didn't really work to the point where they needed to make up things for the mysteries to work. As for the movies, Discotek is probably the best place for them since they have done the Lupin III vs Conan special and movie.

Right now the best thing to do is watch the TV series on Crunchyroll and buy the manga from Viz and maybe one day all of the TV series and movies will be licensed but for now, the future is murky.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:32 am

Ah! Detective conan! I was wondering what he was talking about.

Mind you that if they release BRs of detective conan, you will probably talk about a 50+ strong collection of discs!
Last edited by fragoff on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:14 am

fragoff wrote:Ah! Detective conan! I was wonder what he was talking about.
What? You didn't realize he was talking about the story of Jimmy Kudo, Rachel and Richard More? The one with inspector McGuire?

Yeah, that localization was... questionable :P. I watched it all, anyway (well, the 130 Funimation episodes, obviously). Was kind of bummed to find out that the dub was discontinued, but then again, it might've been for the best, because catching up on all of Case Closed / Detective Conan would've taken ages.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:27 am

I mean, here’s the thing. A relicense is always possible, wether one will ever happen is a very different story. It’s also close to impossible for anyone to actually know, it all comes down to the companies that make these moves and before they acquire rights the fact that they’re even trying is usually a very close guarded secret for competition and bargaining reasons.
So bascially, it is possible? Of course it is. Will it ever happen? Impossible to say. Anytime soon? Doesn’t seem do.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:39 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
fragoff wrote:Ah! Detective conan! I was wonder what he was talking about.
What? You didn't realize he was talking about the story of Jimmy Kudo, Rachel and Richard More? The one with inspector McGuire?

Go die slowly in a loliless realm where only ugly traps exist! ::peace::
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato