397) Music of Summer 2018 Anime

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

397) Music of Summer 2018 Anime

Postby Andrew » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:43 am

A new season and new music is upon us. Join the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast as they dive into their favorite OPs and EDs for the Summer 2018 Anime Season and fill you in on the people behind them.

Including great tracks from the likes of MYTH and ROID, HYDE, ClariS, DECO27, OxT, OLDCODEX, and so much more!

NOTE: For High Quality purposes for music, this podcast was exported via HQ setting, thus slightly larger in size than standard podcasts. Roughly 119.3MB. Keep that in mind for bandwidth limits please.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/07/animecas ... 018-anime/

Songs spotlight in this episode:
    “Red Swan” by YOSHIKI feat. HYDE – Attack on Titan 3 OP
    “Eternal One” by Yukari Tamura – Island OP
    “Inkya Impulse” by cast – Asobi Asobase ED
    “Shining Peace” by Ongaku Shoujo – Music Girls ED
    “CheerS” by ClariS – Cells At Work ED
    “Happen Kogarashi ni Fukarete” by cast – Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs ED
    “Make my story” by Lenny Code Fiction – Hero Academia 3 OP2
    “FLY two BLUE” by Kana Yuuki and Saki Miyashita – Harukana Receive OP
    “Pray” by Haruka Chisuga and DECO27 – Angels of Death ED
    “Saiaku na hi demo Anata ga Suki” by Yuu Serizawa – How Not To Summon A Demon Lord ED
    “Heading to Over” by OLDCODEX – Free! Dive to the Future OP
    “Braver” by Straightener – Angolmois Record of Mongol Invasion OP
    “Upside Down” by SHE’S – Angolmois Record of Mongol Invasion ED
    “VORACITY” by Myth and Roid – Overlord 3 OP
    “Silent Solitude” by OxT – Overlord 3 ED
    “Guess Who Is Back” by Kumi Koda – Black Clover OP4
    “four” by FAKY – Black Clover ED4
    “Found and Lost” by Survive Said The Prophet – Banana Fish OP
    “Prayer X” by King Gnu – Banana Fish ED
    “Grand Blue” by Shounan no Kaze – Grand Blue Dreaming OP
    “One Room Sugar Life” by Akari Nanawo – Happy Sugar Life OP
    “Futari no Hane” by YURiKA – Hanebado OP
    “Get Into My Heart” by MIYAVI vs Kavka ShiShido – We Rent Tsukumogami OP
    “Koyoi wa Yume o Misasete” by Mai Kuraki – We Rent Tsukumogami ED
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 397) Music of Summer 2018 Anime

Postby Mys145 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:25 am

So no mention of the Angels of Death OP from the great Masaaki Endoh. Maybe it will get its due in a future podcast. Also the second ED of Gegege Kitaro is pretty good as well.

Attack on Titan Season 3 ED does have an epic feel from Linked Horizon but much more subdued. I still feel the new OP doesn't fit right.

I would like to think that Guess Who's Back is more of a reference to Koda Kumi not being around for a decade. I was amazed that she was back and with such a catchy song.

I really suggest to check out the Tiger Mask W ED from Shounan no Kaze. It really fits well with the show like how they fit the OP with Grand Blue.

I didn't realize Kavka ShiShido sang the We Rent Tsukumogami OP. When you guys mention Fairy Tail, I looked at the list of songs and liked the song she did for it but doesn't sound like her.

As for the ED for We Rent Tsukumogami, I was thinking that it was Mai Kuraki when I first listened to it. It's a shame that a good majority of her songs isn't legally available for Detective Conan but she still does them to this day. Her most recent one is similar to the ED but her range is rather wide which includes songs like the OP. I also want to mention that she holds the Guinness World Record for most theme songs for a single anime series with 19 (21 if you count the movies). You can also hear her in the upcoming Valkyria Chronicles IV.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:36 am

I think the only long running anime that had great songs for every single one of their OPs and EDs is Bleach. I can go back and listen to every single one and each one was just so fun to listen to and each one had their own unique flavor from JPop, JRock, and even some metal. I became a long life fan of SCANDAL because of that show.

Other shows like Gintama has had a few flubs here and then and to this day I cannot forget that really stupid Naruto OP that had all the characters dancing in such a dumb way.

Tori
Super NEET II

Postby Tori » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:21 pm

My favorite OP from this season is for sure Voracity by Myth & Roid. They have been on a decline for me for a while now, but this song is them back to their very best. Tom-H@ck proving once again that he's a great composer.

My favorite ED is Inyaka Impulse from Asobi Asobase. It is such a fantastic contrast to the OP for that show, and fits the nature of the show so well, and you know, I like metal.
ON EXTENDED HIATUS
SEE YOU IN DISCORD

Imagehttp://myanimelist.net/animelist/ToriXtra

lab_coat
I Like Anime

Postby lab_coat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:06 am

The AoT OP is growing on me and I agree that it fits well with the current tone of this arc, its ED sounds more like a typical AoT OP which I thought was kind of funny. I dig Asobi Asobase's ED, its cool to know that the VA's have a hand in it. Banna Fish's OP reminds me of Red Jumpsuit Appartus and is probably my pick of the season.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:20 am

I know this is SUPER late and all but one song you missed and one I don't blame you for, is the ED to High Score Girl. Houkago Destruction by Etsuko Yakushimaru. It's very cute and nostalgic for some reason.
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]