398) GeoFront Saved My Collection

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

398) GeoFront Saved My Collection

Postby Andrew » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:51 am

Diving back into the news reel, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast get caught up on the latest. Well, at least what’s interesting to them. Join in and get their take on the events.

Topics this episode: Sou Sagara, Phantom Trigger, In This Corner of the World, Sentai Kids, Evangelion, Girls Und Panzer, Kyoto Animation, IG Port, Thunderbolt Fantasy 2, Fate Grand Order, Godzilla, Star Wars x Polygon Pictures, Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans, Makoto Shinkai, Perfect Blue, and much more!

Thanks to Daniel, Gabrielle, Patrick, SethAmaha, and Chihirolee for the great questions featured on this episode.

The intro for this episode is the OP for Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans 2 called “Rage of Dust” by Spyair. The outro for this episode is the ED for Girls Und Panzer called “Enter Enter MISSION!” by the cast.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/08/animecas ... ollection/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

michelous
Anime Junky

Re: 398) GeoFront Saved My Collection

Postby michelous » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:03 pm

On fate grand order we should have a week + between summer and prisma for Camelot half ap. For astofo he is counted as female/ genderless for prisma illya event so get him ready for prisma it is the same for deon and the coming enkidu. You pretty much need all your female servants ready, I do hope they give use at least 2 weeks to get our female servants ready

SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime

Postby SethAmaha » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 am

Now see, I did think of it. Using a truck to bulldoze the house goes under the you can't make a hole in the wall rule and shooting yourselves into space technically goes under the you can't put the fire out and it will burn.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Postby Mys145 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:41 pm

I just really hope that the Gundam G no Reconguista comparison in Gundam 00 is just space elevators not anything else.

Andrew, you will regret watching the RWBY Japanese dub. You will go mad with the dub not matching the lip faps regardless of the higher quality of voice actor talent. I have watch various Japanese dubs of foreign properties and they don't care about matching lip faps like the West does here.

Speaking of RWBY, it's very popular in Japan that they have manga for it along with the main four appearing in Blazblue Cross Tag. I don't think Arc System Works would include them in their game if they weren't popular in Japan.

Andrew, I refuse to believe that you never played a pinball game ever.

Arata: The Legend has been going through hiatuses which it has been on hiatus since August 2015 and might be getting off hiatus sometime this year but that was back in May.

Chris, don't start mispronouncing Boruto like you do with Naruto. Andrew says it correctly at 1:22:58 and then you say both Naruto and Boruto wrong at a minute later 1:23:56.

I think you guys have the wrong mindset about catching up on long running shows. The mistake people make is to binge watch them which is the wrong approach. You can go 1-2 episodes a day and don't care that you need to catch up now.

SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime

Postby SethAmaha » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:16 am

Oh yeah, and why do you guys still mess up your G's and J's. It's Gen Urobuchi, not Jen. Look at this man, does he look like Jennifer to you?Image

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:49 am

hey guys i appreciate the feedback

on pronunciation. just to give you fair notice gonna mess it up again. its just gonna happen. i know its bolt engrishized. i will forget. habits die hard. i did good enough to get Andy into kana so he is more aware of how Japanese speak.

here is the deal. we do a one shot record and there is very little editing. that is the only way you can get a natural discussion. that is why our discussion feels live. its as close to a live discussion you will get. downside is there is no retakes.

now after life recovers from its madness maybe we will have time to dig into the things we had interest in like getting back to learning Japanese or expanding our interests but for now we need to focus on family and maintaining what we have here. unfortunately that means gen may be pronounced unintentionally as jen.

its not meant to be rude just is what it is some times we notice it mid discussion sometimes not.

just throwing this out as an answer. me nor Andrew will likely not answer pronunciation corrections again. it just seems to be almost trollish at this point and its not helping anyone. we keep repeating continuously that we are human, it is not our natural language, we were trying to learn it, and lastly single takes are not conducive of perfection. at this point we can only assume its argumentation for argument sakes.

again thanks for the feed back guys. i hope our next show is better for you. even with all the mispronunciations it will have. especially since it is a first impressions there will be tonnes.

Fullmetal-Senpai
I Bleed Anime

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Chris wrote:hey guys i appreciate the feedback

on pronunciation. just to give you fair notice gonna mess it up again. its just gonna happen. i know its bolt engrishized. i will forget. habits die hard. i did good enough to get Andy into kana so he is more aware of how Japanese speak.

here is the deal. we do a one shot record and there is very little editing. that is the only way you can get a natural discussion. that is why our discussion feels live. its as close to a live discussion you will get. downside is there is no retakes.

now after life recovers from its madness maybe we will have time to dig into the things we had interest in like getting back to learning Japanese or expanding our interests but for now we need to focus on family and maintaining what we have here. unfortunately that means gen may be pronounced unintentionally as jen.

its not meant to be rude just is what it is some times we notice it mid discussion sometimes not.

just throwing this out as an answer. me nor Andrew will likely not answer pronunciation corrections again. it just seems to be almost trollish at this point and its not helping anyone. we keep repeating continuously that we are human, it is not our natural language, we were trying to learn it, and lastly single takes are not conducive of perfection. at this point we can only assume its argumentation for argument sakes.

again thanks for the feed back guys. i hope our next show is better for you. even with all the mispronunciations it will have. especially since it is a first impressions there will be tonnes.

If you don't pronounce Eva e van jelly on I won't mind. If it's heinous like that I'mma complain. Nevermind this bolt nalt nonsense ::peace::

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:12 pm

You sure it’s not e-va-yuri-on

Fullmetal-Senpai
I Bleed Anime

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:22 pm

Don't do this

SethAmaha
Crazy About Anime