Coffee snobs in the house?

Everything Else!
BlueSpark
Otaku

Re: Coffee snobs in the house?

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:23 am

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:Guys, this is low level sarcasm...
Which I countered with my own. I mean, maybe I don't have a soul, but if so, not drinking coffee would be the least likely reason for it ;).

It's always hard to predict whether sarcasm translates in writing or not. We can only make (educated) assumptions.

I added the milk comment for shoots and giggles, by the way. It's 100% accurate, though.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Postby SemiBolt » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:26 am

Ordered some coffee from a place Senpai recommended (MillsCoffee. Online its TheQueenBean or something) and its super good.
I ordered a sampler pack and got Cafe Caramel, Irish Cream, French Toast, Jamaican me crazy and got Jazzy Java for free O>O I don't know why they gave me a free bag but I'll take it.

Its the first Coffee I've tried that I can drink black, the aftertaste is great, extremely fresh and it's hardly bitter (imo)
Cafe Caramel is good but a little odd tasting so I'll experiment with different recipes later.
Irish Cream is good black but I prefer a little sugar and a very little amount of milk to bring out the taste.
French Toast is good, even better if you turn it into a dessert coffee.
Jamaican me crazy is definitely the best one black. The aftertaste is great and once I got used to the flavor I could really start to taste the Jamaican rum and hazelnut.
Their short recommendations and recipes are amazing as well :D
I'm gonna continue to get sampler packs until I find the ones I'll stick with but so far I'm gonna keep going for

Irish Cream, Probably
French Toast, once every now and then. A good Saturday morning coffee.
Cafe Caramel, probably not.
Jazzy Java, Haven't tried yet.
Jamaican me crazy, a staple. Fast to make and tastes the best black.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:15 pm

SemiBolt wrote:Ordered some coffee from a place Senpai recommended (MillsCoffee. Online its TheQueenBean or something) and its super good.
I ordered a sampler pack and got Cafe Caramel, Irish Cream, French Toast, Jamaican me crazy and got Jazzy Java for free O>O I don't know why they gave me a free bag but I'll take it.

MIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I love that place, used to deliver there (they are not in a great area...) super nice people, it doesnt shock me that they gave you a free bag.
SemiBolt wrote:Its the first Coffee I've tried that I can drink black, the aftertaste is great, extremely fresh and it's hardly bitter (imo)

Not sure which coffee this is in reference too, but they do all the roasting and grinding every day so its so fresh. When i get it the bag is literally still hot.

SemiBolt wrote:Cafe Caramel is good but a little odd tasting so I'll experiment with different recipes later.
Irish Cream is good black but I prefer a little sugar and a very little amount of milk to bring out the taste.
French Toast is good, even better if you turn it into a dessert coffee.
Jamaican me crazy is definitely the best one black. The aftertaste is great and once I got used to the flavor I could really start to taste the Jamaican rum and hazelnut.
Their short recommendations and recipes are amazing as well :D
I'm gonna continue to get sampler packs until I find the ones I'll stick with but so far I'm gonna keep going for

cafe caramel is more a mixing coffee iyam.
Irish cream begs for a hint of whiskey and irish cream, hence the name.
french roast>french toast. As a general rule I tend to stay away from flavored coffee and go more towards roasting styles.
Jamaican is handedly my favorite coffee that I've tried from mills. so fragrant, so flavorful, so smooth, sooo good.
Definitely keep us updated on your journey to coffee here, I wanna know how well our tastes align after all.
SemiBolt wrote:Irish Cream, Probably
French Toast, once every now and then. A good Saturday morning coffee.
Cafe Caramel, probably not.
Jazzy Java, Haven't tried yet.
Jamaican me crazy, a staple. Fast to make and tastes the best black.

Yeah like that.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:00 am

AWWWWWW HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL NO GET OUT OF MY THREAD

JaredScott5
I Like Anime

Postby JaredScott5 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:26 pm

I'm slowly getting into the snobbery. I started off by moving to drinking coffee black only. This was to cut back on grocery expenses when I was trying to quickly pay off some debt, but I soon got to the point where I will only consider coffee good if it doesn't have to have it's true flavor "masked" by creamer and sugar lol.

Then I tried Buzz Box coffee since my favorite radio show hosts suggested it. I'm not an "organic" guy or have a sensitive palate, but there's no denying that each blend of their coffee has a very "clean" taste to it. It's mostly South American coffee, and right now their Nicaraguan and Indonesian dark roasts are my favorite. I plan on trying Black Rifle Coffee soon to see how their blends compare. Supposedly it's organic as well so I'm hoping for it to have a clean taste as well.

I've not tried French Press like you guys, but I do love using my percolator. Takes about 10 minutes to brew, but the results are fantastic. Again, I don't have a fancy palate, but drip and Kiureg got nothing on this method. I plan on trying a place in Dothan, AL soon that has a coffee/tea shop that is suppose to have quality drinks. I would like to expand my horizon on tea as well.

Funny enough, Dothan is also where I was introduced to pipe tobacco and good cigars. Not a popular topic I know, but good coffee, tea, cigars, and pipe tobacco seem to have several things in common: you can't rush it, you have to experiment, they create good social settings, and the entire process from choosing/discovering to consuming your treat is a relaxing process. Honestly, these are my favorite ways to relieve stress.

Sierraシエラ
I Like Anime

Postby Sierraシエラ » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:00 am

My saint of a realtor gave me the KitchenAid pro line espresso maker as a housewarming gift which opened up a lot of coffee options for me (I am very lucky)...

I usually use a basic Mexican espresso

For coffee, coffee, I prefer Columbian with a little vanilla caramel creamer. I can drink it black but I have a perpetual sweet tooth. Aldis is actually a decent place to try a variety of flavored coffee on the cheap end. I just picked up their Creme Brule flavor for $3 and their fall maple one was fantastic, very aromatic with a strong coffee flavor and notes of maple (i actually mixed it in with my normal Columbian to get the flavor as strong as I wanted it)

On a partially related note, if you are also a cheese snob Aldi also finally got truffled cheeses in as well as cranberry goat cheese. Usually, I have to go to a big food import store for truffles
The anime and the emotions...