How many hours do you play everyday?

Gamers paradise!
BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Re: How many hours do you play everyday?

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:59 am

PlatinaHeart wrote:I'd love to tell you but-
Spoiler:
lol there's nothing here.
::happy::
Why do I feel a sort of horror mood setting in when reading this?
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

SemiBolt
Anime Junky

Postby SemiBolt » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:47 am

I go through big phases.
With Single player games, I'll do 5 hours every day for 5 days and then stop for 8 months.
I play multiplayer games like DBFZ, overwatch, and pokemon somewhat often but Its hard for me to get back into them once I stop.
An only real way for me to get back into multiplayer games is if my friends force me to play with them lol

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:18 am

SemiBolt wrote:I play multiplayer games like DBFZ, overwatch, and pokemon somewhat often but Its hard for me to get back into them once I stop. The only real way for me to get back into multiplayer games is if my friends force me to play with them.

Man I know what you mean, falling out of a multiplayer game can make it really hard to get back in. Espically if it’s a game that gets updated and evolves while you were gone, you jump back in and can be so lost, not knowing how new stuff works or what the meta is like anymore.
But you’re totally right that friends wanting you to play can get you back into it, I have a few friends that have stopped playing some multiplayer games unless it’s with friends and refuse to ever play outside of that environment cause the game on its own just doesn’t interest them anymore.

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:51 am

Eira wrote:
SemiBolt wrote:I play multiplayer games like DBFZ, overwatch, and pokemon somewhat often but Its hard for me to get back into them once I stop. The only real way for me to get back into multiplayer games is if my friends force me to play with them.

Man I know what you mean, falling out of a multiplayer game can make it really hard to get back in. Espically if it’s a game that gets updated and evolves while you were gone, you jump back in and can be so lost, not knowing how new stuff works or what the meta is like anymore.
But you’re totally right that friends wanting you to play can get you back into it, I have a few friends that have stopped playing some multiplayer games unless it’s with friends and refuse to ever play outside of that environment cause the game on its own just doesn’t interest them anymore.

That happened to me after being inactive in Continent of 9. I was so lost and confused after coming back. ::dread::

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:15 am

Eira wrote:Man I know what you mean, falling out of a multiplayer game can make it really hard to get back in. Espically if it’s a game that gets updated and evolves while you were gone, you jump back in and can be so lost, not knowing how new stuff works or what the meta is like anymore.
Ah yes, the woes of playing MOBA games :/. I greatly enjoyed my time in League of Legends (Janna one-trick pony forever!), but once I 'took a break' for a few weeks to play something else, it was basically a foregone conclusion that I wouldn't get back into the game. Same thing happened with Heroes of the Storm later. There's a great barrier of entry into this genre, and the barrier of re-entry is almost as high.

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:39 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Eira wrote:Man I know what you mean, falling out of a multiplayer game can make it really hard to get back in. Espically if it’s a game that gets updated and evolves while you were gone, you jump back in and can be so lost, not knowing how new stuff works or what the meta is like anymore.
Ah yes, the woes of playing MOBA games :/. I greatly enjoyed my time in League of Legends (Janna one-trick pony forever!), but once I 'took a break' for a few weeks to play something else, it was basically a foregone conclusion that I wouldn't get back into the game. Same thing happened with Heroes of the Storm later. There's a great barrier of entry into this genre, and the barrier of re-entry is almost as high.

That's why coming back after being inactive for so long is difficult. The amount of changes and content can be staggering.

Never appreciated the MOBA genre, which was taken from RTS. ::hi::

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 am

PlatinaHeart wrote:Never appreciated the MOBA genre, which was taken from RTS. ::hi::
Eh, fair enough. I've always preferred the concept of concentrating on using one hero and their abilities to the fullest instead of macro- and micromanaging an entire base. Even in the RTS titles I've played, such as StarCraft and WarCraft 3, the single-player missions I enjoyed the most were the ones without a base (where you had to infiltrate/conquer a place with just a hero and a handful of units) ;).

PlatinaHeart
I Like Anime

Postby PlatinaHeart » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:17 pm

So, after a lot of changes made to my schedule, I spend about 3-4 hours playing this.

phpBB [video]