Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai

Postby SethAmaha » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:39 am

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai)

Plot:

"Puberty syndrome – Abnormal experiences rumored on the internet to be caused by sensitivity and instability during adolescence. This year, Sakuta Azusagawa, a second-year student at a high school near Enoshima, meets several girls that are experiencing this “puberty syndrome.” For instance, he meets a wild bunny girl in the library. She turns out to be an actress on hiatus, Mai Sakurajima, who is also his senior at the school. For some reason, no one else can see this enchanting girl. How did she become invisible…?

Legal Streaming; https://www.crunchyroll.com/rascal-does-not-dream-of-bunny-girl-senpai

Creator:Hajime Kamoshida (Light Novel)
Director: Sōichi Masui
Writer: Masahiro Yokotani
Music: fox capture plan
Studio: CloverWorks
Genre: Comedy, Supernatural, Romance, School
Episodes:12

phpBB [video]

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai

Postby SethAmaha » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:05 am

Episode 1
SO i wondered why I was getting so much Snafu vibes out of this, but it turns out I was wrong. The creator of this show also wrote Just Because!, which makes so much more sense now that I think about it. I believe that I am going to love this show. It has a great little supernatural element with a pretty likeable MC. I can't wait to see what more it has to offer.

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:06 am

Episode 2
I love the back and forth of these characters. They work so well together and I already want them to kiss, or at least continue to use it as a tease.

SeismicWolf
Otaku

Postby SeismicWolf » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 pm

This show was giving me a little bit of haruhi Vibes. I like......No not because of the Bunnygirl thing...

Ep2
Spoiler:
Also I was not expecting them to agree to being a couple so easily

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:20 am

I love me some Hajime Kamoshida, I love Sakurasou and I’ve heard nothing but good things about his other works. But even if he had only made Sakurasou I’d still be down for this, loved that series so much!

Episode 1:
Spoiler:
hitting me hard right out the gate! Mai is pretty relatable, for personal reasons, I was never a celebrity of anything but the result of that in relation to her school life has some relatable aspects to me as well as the way she acts at school and other such details about her. Sakuta also has some relatable aspects but he’s a bit too much of a ‘I’m the protagonist’ kinda guy and it annoys me, he has aspects that I relate to but also aspects that fit with people I know in real life who bother me and also has anime tropes I don’t like, so he’s really a mixed bag for me. But together the show is able to pull out many moments I can feel strongly towards pretty easily cause it just happens to fit with me quite well.

And the sister is so adorable and she’s voiced by Yurika Kubo who is my faovirte voice actor and I just love her so much and I love that she’s in this show so much and ahhhhh, YURIKA! She’s so cute in this role.

KAMOSHIDAAAAAA! IS THIS HOW IT’S GONNA BE! Less and less people are able to see her, it’s so obvious we’re going to get an ending where even Sakuta can’t see her, I can just feel it, it’s like that chick from clannad all over again! He’s even reading a book where he writes about his encounters with her in an effort to not forget about her. So now the shows also like golden time up in here.

It’s been awhile since I actually sat down and watched a new romance anime, I’ve had plenty be added to my plan to watch list as they’ve come out but anything with Kamoshida on it is gonna get me to wanna watch it while airing. (Just Becuase! Was a complicated situation and I don’t have as much time to go back to shows that are done airing) I’m really liking it, I think I kinda forgot that this use to be my faovirte genre for anime before I abandoned it, I feel in love with it again right away, now I have the urge to watch all the ones I put in my PTW void.

michelous
Anime Junky

Postby michelous » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:23 pm

it feels like a different take on the monogatari series

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:33 pm

Episode 3
Spoiler:
what an absurd episode and not in a good way, I guess it’s not bad either. I don’t know how to feel about this show now. I thought we were going to get a show where more and more people slowly forget about her and eventually even he does and whole that did happen it didn’t take that long at all. Also sleep being the trigger is totally nonsense, I can’t really remember the early stuff well enough to be 100% about that, but I’m pretty sure.

Anyway I though this would be the entire series but apparently it’s more of a adolesnse syndrome show and now we’re going to deal with some other persons problem with it, I can say I really don’t like this structure. Reminds me of sakurada reset too much and that show was awful.

I was totally on board to really like this show and get infested but they’ve already started to lose my interest by dropping what was a really interesting situation, they could of done so much more with it and it could of held it’s own for a whole series if they had just spaced it out more and not made sleep the trigger.

I’ll keep watching for now cause maybe each situation will be interesting but I don’t think I’m gonna enjoy how the show handles itself, I’ll have to wait and see but all my hope for this series has dropped, my hype for new episodes has dropped and my overall enjoyment has dropped. A real shame.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:18 am

Just watched the 4 first episodes. This season is really great. We are blessed with some very good shows.
And this one is part of it.
I really enjoy the quality of the interaction betwen the 2 main caracters. It is smart and entertaining. It reminds me a lot of hamachi, a show i did enjoy and bought the novels of.
I am a bit reticent with the...mmmm...occultic side of the story, but it doesn't ruin the show, is somewhat well integrated and is more of a mean to the story than the story itself.
Hope this show keeps it up!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Stash Brannigan
I Love Anime

Postby Stash Brannigan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:29 pm

I like the 3 episode character arcs with the main characters still being the main focal relationship. The third girl looks like the love interest from his childhood. Can’t wait to see if that’s the case or just similar look

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:40 am

Episode 6 for all spoilers below:
Stash Brannigan wrote:I like the 3 episode character arcs with the main characters still being the main focal relationship.

Spoiler:
I gotta ageee and disagee with this, just in a personal level. I wanted to mention this anyway, I just feel like quoting you is relevant and will maybe help prompt discussion. The three episode arcs are good for being able to pump out multiple arcs within this one short series. Now I haven’t read the light novels so I don’t know how short they are in that but I can’t help but feel like they’re were more expansive and didn’t get rushed along so fast.

Honestly this arc was pretty good, it had a compelling start, a solid consistent middle and then a really good ending and for that reason it really worked for me. But the first arc felt like a bit of a mess, it felt like it went by way to fast and tbh I think that entire first arc could of lasted a whole season if it happened more slowly and the trigger wasn’t something dumb like sleeping. It was good but it felt rushed to me.

So I’m glad we get to see many different arcs within the show but I’m worried we might get another arc in there that feels rushed like the first one did, obvious they’re the main characters so their relationship is still developing and the way they mix it into the other arcs is very interesting. But at the same time she’s not slowly disappearing from people anymore and her conflict with her work is basically all resolved. It could of been so much more expansive, if they’re going to do the 3 episode structure then they need to make it work for that, like the second arc did, I don’t know.

Basically it’s been both a good and bad thing so far and while I did enjoy the first arc, it just felt like it needed more time, hopefully the future arcs will be good. I really like this show and I like the author so I want it to be good, but it’s just something to think about and something I feel very conflicted on atm.

Stash Brannigan wrote:The third girl looks like the love interest from his childhood. Can’t wait to see if that’s the case or just similar look

Spoiler:
I think saying ‘love interest’ is a bit extreme, I didn’t see anything that implied she was a love interest or even from childhood. All it really seemed like was that he knew her, cause you have to also take note that it didn’t seem like she knew him, which means there’s a whole lot of things it could be and ‘love interest’ doesn’t seem like one of them.

Maybe they use to be friends, maybe they use to live near eachother, maybe she should know him but doesn’t for some reason or maybe she was just friends with his sister. We really don’t know, but I’m interested to find out how they’re connected.

Now for my personal thoughts:
Spoiler:
that second arc was really nice. The first episode set the whole premise up and we find out what her syndrome is and we get pretty much see all the different conflicts that are going to happen get set up here and it’s really good at doing that. The whole day repeating idea is neat and leads to some fun moments and it’s all played off very well.

Removing pretty much all syndrome from the second episode was a really good idea, the first arc partly felt messy becuase the stakes just kept rising, more and more people kept forgetting here and it was happening at a rocket rate. There was no down time and no time for the story and the importance of it to just play out. I already talked about why this happened, becuase their arcs are technically still happening but it’s a problem regardless.

Having the down time for the second episode is good, we just get simple expansion of the characters and the conflicts within the arc. Most get resolved and everyone pretty much gets their due for this arc minus the two focal characters and this is good becuase now we can get a juicy third episode that just focuses on those to for the most part and give us a really good conclusion.

Bringing back the super natural elements now to book end the arc is genius, if it kept happening throughout or during the second episode it would just feel expected and while it wasn’t exactly a surprise it helps nail in the importance of this day repeating for Koga since she has shown that she doesn’t do it on a whim nor does she do it without intent, she clearly has control and knows what’s going on.

The scene with the rain and the crying and her admitting her love for him was extremely solid and it gave the ending a very good feeling because it was also her accepting that she wasn’t able to be with him. He showed that he loved mai and nothing was going to change that and she showed that she really does love him but is now able to accept that she can’t have him and move on. She resets us back to the start of it all and is mature enough to not let any of the previous conflicts cause future problems and completely give up on her love, despite still feeling that way.

It was a great end to her characters, a great continuation of sakuta’s character and ended up being very fulfilling, for me at least
Also please guys can we talk and interact what’s the god gao point of the forme if you’re not gonna talk and interact with the other members and actually talk about anime while it’s airing, my god!
Last edited by Eira on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.