Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Re: Goblin Slayer

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:24 pm

SeismicWolf
Otaku

Postby SeismicWolf » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:39 pm

I can see where the people are not liking the Mature setting of it who where not prepared but they should just remove the show from their Que then. As for the People who dont even flinch at those kind of scenes..... They are the real monsters.

Edit - Its not something to be proud of To be Honest

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:50 am

Casting a whole set of people as monsters, nice one.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:43 am

Guess i am a monster. Let me go rewatch berserk and elfen lied for a travel back in time for the feels.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Ayuu
Otaku

Postby Ayuu » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:18 pm

SeismicWolf wrote:I can see where the people are not liking the Mature setting of it who where not prepared but they should just remove the show from their Que then. As for the People who dont even flinch at those kind of scenes..... They are the real monsters.

Edit - Its not something to be proud of To be Honest

Calling people monsters simply due to their response to a piece of fiction seems a bit ignorant to me.

I think people should definitely take this show seriously in what it is portraying. And I kinda of get why you might be annoyed with people bragging about how little the stuff in this effected them. The elements used are disturbing and should be treated as such.

However, at the end of the day it's an anime, it's a piece of fiction. If a show can get a visceral response from someone (like an actual flinch) I think that could show how accurately or realistically a show is portraying that idea. Or maybe it's just that disturbing of an element.

Personally I thought this show managed to show some very disturbing elements without feeling overly edgy or exploitative and I would hope that people don't just shrug off such serious issues. At the end of the day though I wouldn't presume to call someone a monster simply based on how they respond to an anime.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:24 pm

Ayuu wrote: I think people should definitely take this show seriously in what it is portraying. And I kinda of get why you might be annoyed with people bragging about how little the stuff in this effected them. The elements used are disturbing and should be treated as such.

Everything wears off at some point and stop affecting a person. If you take a poison long enought, you will be immune to it.
Don't mix feelings and morality. because you can feel without morality and be moral but not feeling. I do not have to feel anything toward 'that scene' to see the question of morality behind it. Feeling is something that the creator tries to pull off of you. It will definitly not have the same impact on a 'weak willed snowflake' who has feelings on everything and a 'cold calculating thinker' who analyses everything based on facts and reality

If you want to appeal to anything here, it is the morality of the subject. And even then, this is a slipery slop since morality in any given society can vary a lot.

Add to that the fact that other animes before did 10 times worst, 'disturbing' and 'you are a monster' are very marginalised point of views based solely on lack of experiences.

In the end, you can personaly think what you want of this show. but you cannot order other people to feel like you nore can you judge them based on your point of view.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Whiskeyjack19
Anime Junky

Postby Whiskeyjack19 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:27 pm

I'm really digging this show. Might be reading the light novels sooner than expected if it keeps this up.
Move like lightning, sound like thunder.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Whiskeyjack19

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:05 pm

Whiskeyjack19 wrote:I'm really digging this show. Might be reading the light novels sooner than expected if it keeps this up.

Wisest comment so far. No judgment, just positivity. You teach us all, sensei.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Okay so I wasn’t even interested in this show, just cause it looked boring to me, but it keeps getting all this attention and I almost wanna watch it jsut to be a part of the discussion. I feel like a lot of people are overreacting, I don’t think it’s possible for an anime to set up and execute a rape so bad I’d want to skip it within a single episode, that’s not enough time to make me care.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Eira wrote:Okay so I wasn’t even interested in this show, just cause it looked boring to me, but it keeps getting all this attention and I almost wanna watch it jsut to be a part of the discussion. I feel like a lot of people are overreacting, I don’t think it’s possible for an anime to set up and execute a rape so bad I’d want to skip it within a single episode, that’s not enough time to make me care.

Keep us updated