Hi!!

Let us get to know you!
kzalaz
I Like Anime

Hi!!

Postby kzalaz » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Hello All!

I found the community while becoming a fan of the podcast. Love the content, keep up the good work!
Not many of my friends enjoy anime the way I do so looking forward to share with this community. Being in the anime world for some time now, my all time favorite is One Piece but I enjoy quite a lot of different genres, I try to keep up to at least 3 o more shows per season so that is why I think the content in the podcast is really good and helpful.

Nice to meet you all!

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Re: Hi!!

Postby Chris » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:44 pm

welcome kzalaz

i hope you have fun and make lots of friends.

;-)

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 am

kzalaz wrote:Not many of my friends enjoy anime the way I do
Ah yes, a problem many of us struggle with ;). I turned to the Otaku Spirit community for the same reason. Hope you'll get along with everybody and feel at home!

Now, since this is your introduction thread, allow me to prod a little: Where do you live? Are you male or female? How old are you? For how long have you been an anime fan? Answer as much or as little as you please :).

Being able to appreciate many different genres certainly has its perks, but I reckon it also makes picking which series to watch from the grand selection produced in Japan a tough task. Myself, I'm a fervent lover of drama, romance, comedy, and slice-of-life anime. Also, I personally only watch dubbed shows. These clear preferences actually help me a lot with choosing my anime diet :D.
Anyway, bottom line is, I'm always down to chat about some series from the above genres. If you ever need recommendations, I'm your man 8-).

Now, prepare yourself for BlueSpark's random question, a ritual every new forum member has to face: What do you think about hair colors in anime? Any particular favorites? Has there ever been a character whose hair color you'd like to change?

As much as I make an effort to be a good forum mate, I'm not above some shameless self-promotion :P. Linked in my signature is a forum game I created. It's been frozen for a while as interest in it has waned. If you feel so inclined, check it out and see if it's something you'd enjoy. If so, you can jump right in and continue the game with your own post.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm

kzalaz wrote:Not many of my friends enjoy anime the way I do so looking forward to share with this community.

Unfortunately, not something I can relate to. But I can understand it and so hopefully you’ll be able to make some friendships around here. As long as you go into as many sections of possible and make an effort to post and reply to people then we should get along fine. Don’t be scared to make responses, start a conversation and speak your opnion, we want as much discussion as possible.
::peace::

kzalaz wrote:Being in the anime world for some time now, my all time favorite is One Piece but I enjoy quite a lot of different genres.

I’m curious, how long have have you been in the anime world? And what genres are your favourites? Just for the sake of conversation and learning more about you.

BlueSpark wrote:Linked in my signature is a forum game I created. It's been frozen for a while as interest in it has waned. If you feel so inclined, check it out and see if it's something you'd enjoy.

I agree for you to give this a go since it has started to stagnate recently, a new member might help give it a push.

kzalaz wrote:Nice to meet you all!

And I hope meeting you ends with happy results too.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:12 pm

kzalaz wrote:Hello All!

I found the community while becoming a fan of the podcast. Love the content, keep up the good work!
Not many of my friends enjoy anime the way I do so looking forward to share with this community. Being in the anime world for some time now, my all time favorite is One Piece but I enjoy quite a lot of different genres, I try to keep up to at least 3 o more shows per season so that is why I think the content in the podcast is really good and helpful.

Nice to meet you all!

Hey hey hey, I may not post as often as my post count would lead you to believe, but I'm always available for a conversation if I'm interested. Hope to see you around on the forums, make sure you post a whole lot!

Anyway,
Here's your lightning round

Do you have a MAL page?

What character do you most want to drink with?

If you could make an original spin off who would it follow, what and where would it happen?

Name an anime character you absolutely hate

You get to have a harem of [6] anime characters of your choice, who do you choose?

In your opinion, what makes a good anime

Is there an anime you wish was more popular?

Name a popular anime you hate

Best op/Ed?

What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?

Best mascot

Fastest dropped show? How far?

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:52 pm

heheh. the new guy is already being taken appart. such a warm welcome :)
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

kzalaz
I Like Anime

Postby kzalaz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:10 pm

Chris wrote:welcome kzalaz

i hope you have fun and make lots of friends.

;-)

Thanks!

BlueSpark wrote:[

Now, since this is your introduction thread, allow me to prod a little: Where do you live? Are you male or female? How old are you? For how long have you been an anime fan? Answer as much or as little as you please :).

Being able to appreciate many different genres certainly has its perks, but I reckon it also makes picking which series to watch from the grand selection produced in Japan a tough task. Myself, I'm a fervent lover of drama, romance, comedy, and slice-of-life anime. Also, I personally only watch dubbed shows. These clear preferences actually help me a lot with choosing my anime diet :D.
Anyway, bottom line is, I'm always down to chat about some series from the above genres. If you ever need recommendations, I'm your man 8-).

Now, prepare yourself for BlueSpark's random question, a ritual every new forum member has to face: What do you think about hair colors in anime? Any particular favorites? Has there ever been a character whose hair color you'd like to change?

I am from Costa Rica, Male, I feel a bit old responding to this but 33 :lol: , and I think it has been around 10 years now

I guess my anime list (link in my signature) speaks better to my preference but I would say action and comedy. I enjoy romance and drama as well from time to time.

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:Hey hey hey, I may not post as often as my post count would lead you to believe, but I'm always available for a conversation if I'm interested. Hope to see you around on the forums, make sure you post a whole lot!

Anyway,
Here's your lightning round

Do you have a MAL page?

What character do you most want to drink with?

If you could make an original spin off who would it follow, what and where would it happen?

Name an anime character you absolutely hate

You get to have a harem of [6] anime characters of your choice, who do you choose?

In your opinion, what makes a good anime

Is there an anime you wish was more popular?

Name a popular anime you hate

Best op/Ed?

What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?

Best mascot

Fastest dropped show? How far?

my answers :D

MAL link in my signature :)
Zoro (in case you had any doubt) :lol:
difficult one, not sure!
also difficult one, but I guess I hated L (death Note)
good one! haha - I guess Robin & Nami (OP), Chidori (FMP), Maya & Aya(Tenjou Tenge),Esdeath (Akame ga kiru)
It depends on your taste and mood, I guess each genre has it own standard. Personally I prefer story line vs slice of life or just open ended episodes. I like characters growth as well.
Hunter x Hunter
Hate Dragon Ball :o
so many! Just Awake" by Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter x Hunter
not sure, my all time favorite is Zoro so perhaps I feel some kind of similarity
mascot I guess Chopper :lol: or going going merry
fastest drop I have a lot but I remember dropping Momo Kyun Sword really fast.

nice questions, I enjoyed a lot answering these :lol:

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:31 pm

kzalaz wrote:Hate Dragon Ball

I’m not a huge dragon ball fan or anything, but since the show is so popular I’m actually curious what about it makes you hate it? I’d really like to know?
kzalaz wrote:fastest drop I have a lot but I remember dropping Momo Kyun Sword really fast.

GOOD! That show was god awful.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

kzalaz
I Like Anime

Postby kzalaz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Eira wrote:I’m not a huge dragon ball fan or anything, but since the show is so popular I’m actually curious what about it makes you hate it? I’d really like to know?

Not sure what is it, I hated it before even becoming an anime fan. It feels overpowered and there is something about the characters I don't like.
However, I do respect it a lot and I am well aware it was even of inspiration for the creation of One Piece.

BlueSpark
Otaku

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:39 am

kzalaz wrote:I feel a bit old responding to this but 33 :lol:
You might not assume so, but that actually puts you close to the average age range on these forums (I'm 31, myself) ;).

My random question (on anime hair colors) is still open for you to answer if you feel like it. Meanwhile, there's another one I wanted to ask: Do you consider yourself more of a fan of older-generation anime or do you prefer newer series? Or are you completely indifferent on that front?
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!