418) Angels of Death

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

418) Angels of Death

Postby Andrew » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:05 pm

Falling off the end of the Summer 2018 Anime Season, the Otaku Spirit Animecast is here to give the complete review of Angels of Death as it concluded its 4 episode ONA. Is there any sanity to be had here?

This is a spoiler free review of Angels of Death (Satsuriku no Tenshi) from the Summer 2018 Anime Season and its 4 episode ONA sequel.

The opening for this episode is the ED for Angels of Death called “Pray” by Haruka Chisuga. The closing for this episode is the OP for Angels of Death called “Vital” by Masaaki Endoh.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2018/11/animecas ... -of-death/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

fragoff
Anime Junky

Re: 418) Angels of Death

Postby fragoff » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:25 pm

I am sure it was almost as good as Kill la Kill....you know....KILL LA KILL....
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:55 pm

See, here is the problem with Angels of Death: Doctor six eyes doesn't matter, Thirsty Boy doesn't matter, S&M Thicc doesn't matter, hell, even White Eyes, Weird Priest doesn't matter. You can literally take the first episode and the last 3 or 4 and you have the entire show. The rest of the episodes are completely useless to the story and don't add much if any to the rest of the story so in the end you have a huge chunk of show that is boring and worthless.

Not to mention the open ended ending that gave no definitive answers. On that subject, I completely disagree with their interpretation of Happy Sugar Life. I though that show had one of the single most satisfying ending I've seen in recent years. It not only concluded without any open ended questions but it fit perfectly with what the type of story it was telling. I felt absolutely no bitterness to it's ending and thought that it ended excellently.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:41 am

I was thinking of mayyybe adding this one to my "watch-later-at-some-point" list, but was very much on the fence. After hearing your thoughts, I'll give it a pass. I appreciate the input.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:46 am

SethAmaha wrote:See, here is the problem with Angels of Death: Doctor six eyes doesn't matter, Thirsty Boy doesn't matter, S&M Thicc doesn't matter, hell, even White Eyes, Weird Priest doesn't matter. You can literally take the first episode and the last 3 or 4 and you have the entire show. The rest of the episodes are completely useless to the story and don't add much if any to the rest of the story so in the end you have a huge chunk of show that is boring and worthless.

Not to mention the open ended ending that gave no definitive answers. On that subject, I completely disagree with their interpretation of Happy Sugar Life. I though that show had one of the single most satisfying ending I've seen in recent years. It not only concluded without any open ended questions but it fit perfectly with what the type of story it was telling. I felt absolutely no bitterness to it's ending and thought that it ended excellently.

Shrug, based on my review, does it surprise you I can't disagree?

BlueSpark wrote:I was thinking of mayyybe adding this one to my "watch-later-at-some-point" list, but was very much on the fence. After hearing your thoughts, I'll give it a pass. I appreciate the input.

That's what I'm here for haha... the age old trope of "I watch it so you don't have to" in some cases.

::peace::
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Postby SethAmaha » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Holy Crap,Andrew actually responded to the forums for once.