No votes

Total votes: 6

fragoff
Anime Junky

Re: Community Watch Along: Knights of Sidonia

Postby fragoff » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:31 am

BlueSpark wrote:Episode 8
Spoiler:
. Unless this show wants to teach us that it's all in the female genes.

Looks like they are heading that way. This is a part of the story i find rater useless. To be interesting, slice of life should have been a big focus in season one. But it waa not.
Maybe this is were the dissonance comes from in season 2 so far. It gives us something we did not expect and probably did not really need.
Anyway, lets keep that for our final review discution
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:35 am

Episode 9
Spoiler:
Tsumugi uses a cell phone like it's no big deal? I'm not even surprised anymore at this point. They're really trying to anthropomorphize her in any way possible, aren't they? And then there's also a scene with her pouting like a little child. Cute, though.
Typing this reminded me that we still don't know anything about what happened to Hoshijiro. Honestly, I'm not holding my breath that we will during this season.

Contrasting fragoff's assessment, I'm having more fun with this 'new style' of season 2, which should come as no surprise to any of you.
However, I agree it's a problematic genre shift because we expect continuity from a direct sequel. At least Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu, as an example, was clearly presented as more of a spin-off than a sequel. Same with Soul Eater NOT.
In any case, the last part of this episode has switched course towards the main storyline again. Only 3 more episodes to go, so it's probably about time to set the stage for the finale.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

WarnerSem
I Like Anime

Community Watch Along Knights of Sidonia

Postby WarnerSem » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:21 pm

voor iedereen die het wil weten.

Knights of Sidonia staat nu op Netflix

als je onder anime kijkt kom je er

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:20 pm

I am pretty sure everyone knew already. Beside, you might want to say this in english as very few people will understand you here.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:14 pm

fragoff wrote:
WarnerSem wrote:voor iedereen die het wil weten.
Knights of Sidonia staat nu op Netflix
als je onder anime kijkt kom je er

I am pretty sure everyone knew already. Beside, you might want to say this in english as very few people will understand you here.

Also isn’t there a rule against speaking something other then English here. Maybe I’m remebering a different site or something else I use to use to talk about anime but I feel like that’s a rule here. Even if it’s not, might wanna speak English otherwise no one will know what you’re saying.

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:38 pm

I do not think there is 'an obligation'. But we must admit that the bondary betwen obligation and common agreement to be undertsood by all is pretty thin...

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:13 pm

Seems he wants everyone to know kos is on Netflix. Don’t have a problem with him speaking in another language. Just wont get a huge response if no one knows what he’s saying.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:46 pm

Chris wrote:Don’t have a problem with him speaking in another language. Just wont get a huge response if no one knows what he’s saying.

Okay, that was a rule for someplace I use to visit, I must be mixing up old sites. Just forget what I said.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:15 am

I took a break from the watch-along yesterday. Not like it matters, anyway.

Episode 10
Spoiler:
As expected, we're back to the action. This is probably the series switching back to what most of its fans wanted.

I did find Nagate and Tsumugi flying off into battle together pretty cool. Flashy and complete with blue and pink color coding. Seeing this reminded me of Darling in the FranXX. Ah, fond memories...

After seeing Tanikaze crash-land, I figured this was where his immortality would come into play (which some characters alluded to way back in early season 1). But in the end, it seems it was simply technological progress (in the form of his new, seemingly indestructable mech) which saved his life.

I approve of the Crimson Hogmoth (Is that how you spell it?) reappearing. A worthy opponent for a climactic battle. I still think its giggling in Hoshijiro's voice is way creepy.

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:35 am

Episode 11
Spoiler:
I dub the rock formation which saved Izana from certain doom the "convenient crevice." I think it's a bit fishy how Nagate found her and the other guy all of a sudden, especially while they were in free fall. Suppose it's simply another anime hero being in the right place at just the right time.

The red one is a worthy adversary indeed. I'll admit that the ending part (after Tanikaze was blinded) had even me on edge. And I was very excited to finally see him reunited with Hoshijiro (actually more like a clone of hers) in a very disturbing way.