The Quintessential Quintuplets

Talk About Shows Airing Now!
Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:30 am

Plot:
A high school romantic comedy with five times the cute girls! A high school boy must work part-time to help five sisters study so they can graduate, but the only thing these quintuplets have in common is that they all hate studying! Five girls who want to do anything but study, and their tutor: a high school boy who's got book smarts and not much else. Fuutarou Uesugi took the tutoring gig because he was desperate for cash, but when his students—the five beautiful daughters of a wealthy businessman—find five times the excuses to slack off, what can he do?! At this rate, the sisters won’t graduate, so if he wants to get paid, Fuutarou must think of a plan to suit each of them… Which feels hopeless when five out of five of them think he's a loser! - Kodansha Comics

Legal Streaming:
Worldwide excluding Asia and the Middle East - https://www.crunchyroll.com/the-quintessential-quintuplets

Original Creator: Negi Haruba (Manga)
Director: Satoshi Kuwahara
Studio: Tezuka Productions
Genres: Harem, and RomCom
Duration: 12 Episodes

phpBB [video]
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

SethAmaha
Anime Junky

Re: The Quintessential Quintuplets

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Nothing I haven't seen before but I'm enjoying it

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:39 pm

Excelent soft romantic harem anime. Enjoyable from start to finish with an excelent story and good fun. Definitly a watch of the season for any romantic out there.

Be warned that, like sethamaha said, it does nothing new but it does it very well.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Wed May 15, 2019 1:10 am

I think some of the character dynamics qualify as innovative as the 5 love interests are all siblings. It made the situation between Miku and Ichika more complicated than it would've been if they were merely, say, classmates. Plus it forms Nino's reason for rejecting the MC at first. I also think Futaro was more on the unique side as far as harem protagonists go.

Be that as it may, I relished watching every episode. And now there's a 2nd season on the way - epic win, am I right :)? Keep your fingers crossed for me that it'll be simuldubbed just like season 1.

By the way, sorry for 'digging up' this thread, but it was still fairly high up on the recent posts list on this subforum. Plus the season 2 announcement give it some renewed relevance.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Wed May 15, 2019 9:19 am

BlueSpark wrote:By the way, sorry for 'digging up' this thread, but it was still fairly high up on the recent posts list on this subforum. Plus the season 2 announcement give it some renewed relevance.

Don’t sweat it. I’m behind on SAO but I keep dragging that one back up when I feel compelled to say something about it as I’m still making my way through season 3. There’s no rules against talking in seasonal posts after the show ends or if you’re behind, feel free to go and talk in any of them as long as it’s relevent.

Most possible discussion is more possible discussion.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560