444) Mobile Fighter G Gundam

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

444) Mobile Fighter G Gundam

Postby Andrew » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:24 pm

Continuing on down the trail of the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast tackle one of the most divisive titles in the series. The Gundam that jumped the shark from the beginning.

As mentioned in the podcast, this copy of Mobile Fighter G Gundam Part 1 and Part 2 Blu-rays were provided to us for review by Right Stuf and Sunrise.

The opening for this episode is the OP1 for Mobile Fighter G Gundam called “Trust You Forever” by Yoshifumi Ushima. The closing for this episode is the ED2 for Mobile Fighter G Gundam called “Kimi No Naka No Eien” by Inoue Takehide .

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2019/03/animecas ... -g-gundam/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Re: 444) Mobile Fighter G Gundam

Postby fragoff » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:57 am

news: there are other animes in this world other than gundam to review.

for exemple, there is this title called Kill la kill. a very original piece of work that will take you on a journey outside of the 'always mecha, always gundam' unwriten policy you guys seem to stick to for reviews. Try it! it is great!
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 444) Mobile Fighter G Gundam

Postby Mys145 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:03 pm

I really love this series which I have bought twice now (the original DVDs and the Ultra Blu-Ray collection). I probably did say at one point that G Gundam is a series that you must go with it. It's more like a kung-fu movie than the typical Gundam series. Also I like the relationship between Master Asia and Domon and think if you applied the kung-fu trope to it, I feel you guys think differently towards the payoff of Master Asia.

So when you guys were talking about the various Gundams in the series, you forgot to mention the most iconic one which is Tequila Gundam from Neo-Mexico. It's so iconic that it's on a shot glass in the Ultra Blu-Ray collection. Also no Flying Through the Sky as the opening song for the podcast. That song is just awesome.