449) Winter 2019 Anime Season Review Part 2

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

449) Winter 2019 Anime Season Review Part 2

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:27 am

The Winter 2019 Anime Season is wrapping up and the hosts are plugged in to give their take on what succeeded and what failed. Listen in and get their opinions on the season.

Anime Reviewed in this Episode: Mob Psycho 100 II, Kaguya-sama Love Is War, Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka, Endro!, Bermuda Triangle Colorful Pastorale, Wataten An Angel Flew Down To Me, Grimms Notes The Animation, and That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime.

The opening song for this episode is the OP for Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka OP called “KODO” by nonoc. The closing song for this episode is the ED2 for Kaguya-sama Love Is War by Konomi Kohara.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2019/04/animecas ... ew-part-2/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Re: 449) Winter 2019 Anime Season Review Part 2

Postby BlueSpark » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:29 am

You guys make Kaguya-sama sound pretty amazing. Guess it's my loss as there's no English dub in sight. Maybe someday ;).

Spec Ops has been on my list for a while. However, I didn't realize it would be this dark. Not that it's a problem for me or anything; I'm quite intrigued.

Endro seems like an ideal series to kick back and relax to. It's been simuldubbed, too, so it should be worth a shot. I'll probably get to it once I'm done with all the sequels and two-cour shows which have come to an end just now.

Speaking of which, I'm definitely interested in seeing dat Slime boi in action. It sounds like a fun character concept, and as far as I'm informed, he's voiced by Brittney Karbowski in the English version. Which automatically makes me excited :).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

fragoff
I Bleed Anime

Postby fragoff » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Kagua sama love is war is definitly a very good anime. I definitly place it in the top 3 of this season with the Quintessential Quintuplets and domestic girlfriend(as i do not agree with you guys opinion on it except the slight slowdown for 1-2 episodes).
It was indeed very original and very funny.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:40 am

BlueSpark wrote:You guys make Kaguya-sama sound pretty amazing. Guess it's my loss as there's no English dub in sight. Maybe someday ;).

Spec Ops has been on my list for a while. However, I didn't realize it would be this dark. Not that it's a problem for me or anything; I'm quite intrigued.

Endro seems like an ideal series to kick back and relax to. It's been simuldubbed, too, so it should be worth a shot. I'll probably get to it once I'm done with all the sequels and two-cour shows which have come to an end just now.

Speaking of which, I'm definitely interested in seeing dat Slime boi in action. It sounds like a fun character concept, and as far as I'm informed, he's voiced by Brittney Karbowski in the English version. Which automatically makes me excited :).

Can't say I'm surprised, but glad Slime is getting a dub.

I would be shocked if Aniplex doesn't get Kaguya dubbed, but at the same time, they don't dub comedies much do they?
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:13 am

Andrew wrote:I would be shocked if Aniplex doesn't get Kaguya dubbed, but at the same time, they don't dub comedies much do they?
That's tricky for me to say since I don't often remember which company licenses what shows. Overall, though, the consensus among the dub community is that Aniplex localizes about 50% of their series. So I'll just have to wait and hope the coin flip goes the right way ;).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!