What Are You Playing?

Gamers paradise!
MojaveRena
I Like Anime

Re: What Are You Playing?

Postby MojaveRena » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:23 am

I see, I remember seeing dragons flying backwards in my game, very odd. Nothing game-breaking except lag if your PC or console is too hot, of course.
I understand since I wasn't too sure on the Fallout universe until I tried it. I liked the Medieval setting of Skyrim and Oblivion but I guess we are all different. :)

That reminds me of My Summer Car I played last night. Now anybody who has played that game knows the game is broken - but in a good way. The good thing about this game is that it rewards you for hard work building your car. But death is permanent and your save file will be deleted so be careful driving in this game (You can turn the death option off but the game is more realistic with it on).

MojaveRena
I Like Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Thu May 10, 2018 4:13 am

I started playing Fallout New Vegas again, and started a new game where you only use one weapon throughout the whole game (with Hardcore mode on, and with very hard difficulty for realism).
For me, it was the sniper rifle but the problem was finding one before level 11 and to collect/buy ammo for it...

And so I made the hilarious mistake of starting the DLC 'Old World Blues' at only level 3 (Recommended level 15+) to find the silenced sniper rifle. Needless to say, I died many times trying to get to the location of my favourite weapon thanks to the amount of Cazadors, Nightstalkers and Robot Scorpions roaming about the place, killing me at such a low level with no effort. :D

Doing this challenge made the game more immersive because you don't have to carry other weapons or ammo to weigh you down - you can just sell everything else you don't use. But I would strongly recommend having a melee weapon in case things go wrong... or maybe some grenades. Lots and lots of grenades.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Fri May 11, 2018 2:10 am

MojaveRena wrote:I started playing Fallout New Vegas again, and started a new game where you only use one weapon throughout the whole game (with Hardcore mode on, and with very hard difficulty for realism).
That seems like quite a challenge. Still doesn't sound as bad as a melee-only playthrough (I have no idea how you would beat deathclaws that way...).

I made good progress on Fallout 4, but dropped it again (or rather put it on hold, I'd like to believe) due to an abrupt urge to replay Wasteland 2. I'd finished that game once shortly after its release. About a year later, the devs released a huge update (calling the new game version Director's Cut) with many intriguing changes; however, I only dabbled in the new system. Now I'm determined to finish a playthrough on it.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

MojaveRena
I Like Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Sat May 12, 2018 4:07 am

BlueSpark wrote:That seems like quite a challenge. Still doesn't sound as bad as a melee-only playthrough (I have no idea how you would beat deathclaws that way...)
True, I have only tried doing a melee-only playthrough using sneak attacks and it's not easy.. I gave up in the end.
Oh, Deathclaws..... Yeah they will be a problem. There is a place called Quarry Junction full of Deathclaws and many people find it hard to survive, but I have never done this at level 1, like this guy on Youtube who is crazy enough to attempt this.

I dropped My Summer Car after a while, there is only so much you can do after you build your car. (Except for starting a new game) It's also a game where you may need a controller or steering wheel for driving because driving using the keyboard is hard. (And my controller just broke so I'm gonna buy a new one) ;)

MojaveRena
I Like Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Thu May 17, 2018 12:48 pm

I decided to play something very different, Euro Truck Simulator 2. It's a game I can recommended for everyone, it also works on slow computers/laptops too so it's great for me.

So I was carrying dynamite from Taranto, Italy to Bergen, Norway in my trusty Volvo Globetrotter XL and it was going well until some other guy decides to crash into me from behind doing 150kph while filling up at a petrol station somewhere north of Milan. OK, so the guy drives away as if nothing had happened and I'm stuck *in* the petrol pumps because of a glitch. I decided to abandon my journey to Bergen since my cargo was too damaged, some say they are still waiting for their delivery... :?

Ah, but this game is perfect for listening to the OS podcast with, because there is no radio except internet streaming..
Last edited by MojaveRena on Fri May 25, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fragoff
Crazy About Anime

Postby fragoff » Thu May 17, 2018 5:59 pm

Still on minecraft, attacking the sky factory 3 moded game. I am surprised that my craving for minecraft didn't stop yet. Being an alpha player, i had reached a point of saturation 3-4 years ago and i thought i was done with it.
Guess my overplay of attack of the B team didn't kill my love for this game!

It sucks a lot because it prevent me from playing anything else. Hope this ends by the time monster hunter reaches PC this fall.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

FrodoBaggypants
I Like Anime

Postby FrodoBaggypants » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:22 pm

I just started up wow again, I play a lot of destiny 2 and I'm also playing through the classic tomb raiders

SethAmaha
I Love Anime

Postby SethAmaha » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:17 am

I Don't have much time to play console games but I do play FGO on my phone and its so addictive, I've literally gone on several college form diet rounds of cup ramen everyday for several weeks I order to buy some gatcha rolls

Eira
I Like Anime

Postby Eira » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:53 am

SethAmaha wrote:I do play FGO on my phone and its so addictive, I've literally gone on several college form diet rounds of cup ramen everyday for several weeks in order to buy some gatcha rolls

Oh Jesus, you sound like a friend of mine, he doesn’t do it anymore and most of the time he’s pretty good but one time there was someone he wanted so bad that it got out of hand.
We’re uni students and don’t have jobs so it’s bad enough as it is and then one night while staying back late to study I went to get dinner and asked if he wanted to come he opined his bank account and did some fast calculations and said “I could get dinnner... or I could not eat and do more gatcha rolls” I told him he was insane and to just go eat with me but he didn’t and did another roll, once again he got nothing he didn’t already have.
Eventually he did get what he wanted and since then he’s never skipped out on things like food in order to do rolls which is good, but you just reminded me of that phase he had. Also we have a FGO fourme, feel free to go in and chat it up.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:35 am

After finishing Wasteland 2, going back to Fallout 4 and dropping that game again after a while because of a frustrating bug, I decided to give Fallout: New Vegas another spin instead. Because...

BlueSpark wrote:Still doesn't sound as bad as a melee-only playthrough (I have no idea how you would beat deathclaws that way...).

I wanted to play a - you guessed it - melee-only character. And surprisingly, it's been going much better than expected (on normal difficulty, hardcore mode, with the Project Nevada mod on default settings). I've even smoked out 2 deathclaw lairs already. Granted, I'm using thrown explosives alongside melee and unarmed weapons. So far, it's been a really cool and fresh way to experience the game. Hacking your enemies into pieces with a fire axe or clobbering them with a giant sledgehammer feels much more satisfying than using bullets ;).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!