What Are You Playing?

Gamers paradise!
Eira
Crazy About Anime

Re: What Are You Playing?

Postby Eira » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:29 am

PlatinaHeart wrote:Still hoping for a PC release of Xenoblade 2. That mech looks awesome.

Almost garanteeded to never happen. Nintendo doesn’t let their stuff go to PC. A really clear example of this is with things like Bayonetta, the first one has been ported to PC but since the second one is a Nintendo exclusive that one still hasn’t been brought over to the PC, although platinum has said they tried to do so. Nintendo doesn’t really let any of its exclusives go anywhere.
Last edited by Eira on Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueSpark
Anime Junky

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:24 am

I finished my run through Fallout 3 last week. Played some more Serious Sam afterwards.

I recently bought a new game on Steam: A science-fiction RPG with survival elements called Insomnia: The Ark. The title had been in development by a small Russian studio over 8-9 years and has received a good amount of praise, plus it's rather cheap at just 30 euros (36 dollars, give or take). When I started playing it for a couple of hours, I could see the appeal, but didn't really get into it. I'm thinking I'll return to that game at a later time.

For now, I've jumped into Dragon Age: Origins. I'd played it for a bit several years back and remembered it rather fondly. To me, Dragon Age is like a perfect embodiment of everything that makes a classic fantasy RPG, from the story to the atmosphere to the game mechanics. And, perhaps even more importantly, everything seems to have an incredible amount of polish. Really looking forward to playing through it (hopefully to the end, this time).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:12 pm

I got Skyrim on switch. I was tempted by portable Skyrim and well I finally went and got it. I somewhat don’t like supporting the idea of buying a game that’s been ported so heavily but since this is the first time its on a Nintendo console I don’t think it’s that bad and I’m more so just giving them more reason to support the switch, which I obivously want.

Haven’t played it too much since I’m also deep in Xenoblade and still early into Octopath (the switch has too many good games) but I’ve played for awhile and what can I say, it’s skyrim, solid game.

Fullmetal-Senpai
Otaku

Postby Fullmetal-Senpai » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Finally hoping back into Tekken 7 and all I can say is wow I'm not very good... I've been playing too much 2d to walk into 2.5d cleanly and they expect such clean inputs. Hella fun tho. Anyone wants to run sets on steam lemme know.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Fullmetal-Senpai wrote:Finally hoping back into Tekken 7 and all I can say is wow I'm not very good... I've been playing too much 2d to walk into 2.5d cleanly and they expect such clean inputs. Hella fun tho. Anyone wants to run sets on steam lemme know.

I’m free this weekend, haven’t played in a few months so I’ll also be pretty rusty. Although I was never more then just average at it. Been meaning to play it more again anyway so it’d be fun for us to actually throw down in a fighting game finally.

MojaveRena
I Love Anime

Postby MojaveRena » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:06 pm

I found a game on Steam called 80 Days, it's based on a book called Around the World in 80 Days, by Jules Verne.
You are meant to travel within a certain time limit from London and choose a route around the world, but often you will end up stranded if the game trolls you into spending most of your cash on useless items like cold-weather clothing when you are side-tracked to visiting hot climates... :)

Overall, a fun game to play. Totally recommended.

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:57 am

Been out for a short while but I finally dived into Maple Story 2 It's super cute, I didn't play the first Maple Story terribly much. I remember that there was a time where I played it during Middle school but I really don't remember much about it.

However I really like how 2 looks and feels so far, it's really fun and two of my friends are already also on board to play and are starting up at the same time so that always helps to make these more fun, I mean I guess they're intended to be played with others after all.

This game is cute:
Eira on its own was already taken

fragoff
Anime Junky

Postby fragoff » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:01 am

Might try it. I have an hitch. My only problem with this type of game is the pay to win structure. At least the first one was like that.
I used to play maple 1 and flyff.
"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the didlo of dysfunction into the neko of a civilized society" -Plato

Eira
Crazy About Anime

Postby Eira » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:39 am

fragoff wrote:Might try it. I have an hitch. My only problem with this type of game is the pay to win structure. At least the first one was like that.

First one was like that, I haven’t really looking into it for 2 but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the same. Although I perosnally don’t mind the whole, grind a Shinji ton in order to avoid the P2W system, I liked grinding for hours on a game, excpically an MMO like this. But that really does come down to personal preference.