505) Best Anime of 2019 Deliberations Part 4

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

505) Best Anime of 2019 Deliberations Part 4

Postby Andrew » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:01 pm

It’s finally time to close the book on the fantastic 2019 year of anime. Join the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast as they run through a 4 part deliberation series of podcast and give their take on the best of each category.

Please note: Deliberation episodes are intended to be nearly unfiltered and lightly edited. These were recorded over hours of deliberations and, while a bit of dead air was removed, it may have points of silence. This isn’t a reflection of our typical podcast episodes that are heavily edited for better listening experience.

Deliberations covered in this episode: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall and Best of 2019 Anime.

The opening for this episode is the OP for Angolmois called “Braver” by Straightener. The closing for this episode is the ED for Megalobox called “Kakatte Koi yo” by NakamuraEmi.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2020/01/animecas ... ns-part-4/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

BlueSpark
Super Otaku

Re: 505) Best Anime of 2019 Deliberations Part 4

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:55 am

I don't have any comments worth mentioning on your deliberations, but I wanted to drop a post to show you that I appreciated them, regardless. Some highly entertaining banter between the two of you :).

Now I'm looking forward to the rest of the fall reviews. I've already got quite a list of shows I'm planning to watch from that season, but I'm always interested in your input.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
I Bleed Anime

Re: 505) Best Anime of 2019 Deliberations Part 4

Postby Eira » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:44 am

Glad to see that the community picks were used and read out at least for the top 5 of the year. And yes Assassin's Pride was one of the worst shows of the year, I even gave it a fair shake of 7 episodes but eventually I was able to conclude that it did nothing for me and I really just didn't enjoy it.

Also I find it weird that you guy's said you were getting the word out to some people when someone had Kaguya in there top 5. I did really enjoy it, I just don't think it was top 5 worthy. Also it was really popular and many people watched and loved it, I don't think it was really something where the word needed to be gotten out. Or maybe you were just surprised it only shows up in one persons top 5 within your audience, idk. But I also just wanted to let you know I did really enjoy it, I just enjoyed other stuff more.

Also having best character design maybe as it's own character separate from art style would be good for the future, I certainly think it's a worthy and important enough aspect of shows to be given some highlight. There are some really average of even bad shows that have really good character design despite that and so they might be able to get some props if it was added. But you guys already have to make so many lists it's understandable if you don't want to pile on even more.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat based discussions: Eira#1560