507) Winter 2020 Anime Season First Impressions

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

507) Winter 2020 Anime Season First Impressions

Postby Andrew » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:13 pm

Taking off into the Winter 2020 Season, the hosts of the Otaku Spirit Animecast are taking a moment to give their early takes on all the new shows of this year. Listen in and find out what’s got their attention.

Anime Featured in this Episode: Somali and the Forest Spirit, Magia Record, Darwin’s Game, pet, Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken, In Spectre, Nekopara, ID Invaded, Toilet Bound Hananko-kun, BOFURI, Asteroid in Love, Infinite Dendrogram, Seton Academy Join The Pack, Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, Interspecies Reviewers, Hatena Illusion, Smile Down The Runway, A Destructive Gods Sits Next To Me, Science Fell In Love So I Tried To Prove It, 22/7, The Case Files of Jeweler Richard, If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It To Budokan I Would Die, Uchitama Have You Seen My Tama, Oda Cinnamon Nobunaga, Show By Rock Mashumairesh, Isekai Quartet 2, Room Camp, and Plunderer.

The intro music for this episode is the OP for Hatena Illusion called “Magic Words” by Liyuu. The outro music for this episode is the ED for ID INVADED called “Other Side” by MIYAVI.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2020/02/animecas ... pressions/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Visick
I Like Anime

Re: 507) Winter 2020 Anime Season First Impressions

Postby Visick » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:25 pm

Baffled by the response to Eizouken. It's so fun and imaginative. Plus the characters are really enjoyable. I didn't even know who the director was? I'm relatively new to anime (and recently found this podcast). The way you talked about the director makes it sound like he is relatively well known and liked. Since I'm loving Eizouken I suppose I'll have to seek out more from the director. Keep up the good work on the podcast!

Eira
I Bleed Anime

Postby Eira » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:18 am

Visick wrote:I didn't even know who the director was? I'm relatively new to anime (and recently found this podcast). The way you talked about the director makes it sound like he is relatively well known and liked.

Masaaki Yuasa is indeed a very big deal within the anime community, he's directed a lot of really great shows and never disappointed at least for me. So I personally highly recommend pretty much everything he's directed. Also since this is you first post here why don't you head on over to the introduction section and make an introductory post, if you plan on making more posts in the future i'd be neat to get to know you and have you as a part of the community.
Everything I say is in relation to me, objectivity doesn't exist.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

caopeter
I Like Anime

Postby caopeter » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:59 am

Visick wrote:Baffled by the response to Eizouken. It's so fun and imaginative. Plus the characters are really enjoyable. I didn't even know who the director was? I'm relatively new to anime (and recently found this podcast). The way you talked about the director makes it sound like he is relatively well known and liked. Since I'm loving Eizouken I suppose I'll have to seek out more from the director. Keep up the good work on the podcast!

I feel like episode 4 solved a lot of their problems.

Stash Brannigan
I Love Anime

Postby Stash Brannigan » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:11 am

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken - Chris, you stated something along the lines of the show turning you off when the girls go into there animated adventures. I just wanted to say I had the opposite reaction. I thought it was a refreshing way to enhance there experiences and processes. Basically to me, there is quite a bit to unpack there. For one, it really highlights the 2 girls creativity and imagination. It also shows the process in which the girls are figuring out how to animate something but in a visual and imaginary way. Like jumping into the head of 2 creators that are completely vibing off of one another. The third girl acts as someone to ground these 2 even in this process. She’s obviously shown to not be completely into these happenings but nonetheless, she plays along which helps to keep the other 2s creative juices rolling. This is also an amazing visual way to show strife and disconnect between the creative forces later. If the 2 creative girls are not able to gel together and vibe like they have been then it can be visually displayed during these sequences. And not to mention the animation of these scenes are gorgeous to look at and help it stand out from the crowd.
You stated the the one negates the other but I think they compliment each other wonderfully.
I hope maybe with this take it can help you look at the style of this anime a little more fondly.

Visick
I Like Anime

Postby Visick » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:41 pm

caopeter wrote:
Visick wrote:Baffled by the response to Eizouken. It's so fun and imaginative. Plus the characters are really enjoyable. I didn't even know who the director was? I'm relatively new to anime (and recently found this podcast). The way you talked about the director makes it sound like he is relatively well known and liked. Since I'm loving Eizouken I suppose I'll have to seek out more from the director. Keep up the good work on the podcast!

I feel like episode 4 solved a lot of their problems.

That's good to know! I've been pretty busy with moving lately so I haven't had a chance to watch past Ep 3. Need to hurry up and catch up

Ukkihsog
I Like Anime

Postby Ukkihsog » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:51 am

Visick wrote:That's good to know! I've been pretty busy with moving lately so I haven't had a chance to watch past Ep 3. Need to hurry up and catch up

Yea its very good for me, for now its nr1 this season anime ::peace::