Anime review request.

Current and Classic Animation!
Chris
Site Co-Founder

Anime review request.

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:32 pm

I am willing to look at anime that you guys want to hear my thoughts on.

be aware that there is a couple things to consider before making a request

First off be aware of it availability.
streaming sites - extreamly easy for me to get access to and i will generally get to it sooner rather then later
dvds and blurays - i am not rich so this will be limited to funding and my interest level. this will be more unlikely.
obscure - needless to say this is the most unlikely to happen. but if it is possible i will try.

second remember i am trying to keep up with current anime so i can give you the most up to date reviews. i will try to slip it in on my open days.

third these rules mostly apply to reviews from me. my brother will likely take a request but hes a bit more picky then me. especially if you want a joint review from both of us. we will have to line up scheduals for joint reviews and that may take longer.

please ask if you need any clarification on any of these rules. otherwise request away and have fun i hope this helps. ;-)

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Anime review request.

Postby Andrew » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 pm

I'm not picky, I just don't have the time to waste on junk :P

But also keep in mind I'm already scheduled to work on:
Kokoro Connect + OVA
Gunslinger Girl + S2

So I may be a bit slower on the return. But hey, if something catches my eye, it could take front seat.

Side review projects would take place after the new season settles. Probably sometime next week.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

Neowned
Otaku #1

Postby Neowned » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:57 am

What is your stance on older anime movies? If so would you bother doing Vampire Hunter D, Howl's Moving Castle, or are the already agreed within the anime community as being good and not worthy of reviews?

Andrew
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:51 am

Neowned wrote:What is your stance on older anime movies? If so would you bother doing Vampire Hunter D, Howl's Moving Castle, or are the already agreed within the anime community as being good and not worthy of reviews?

Nah, we don't have a problem with older titles. In fact we are pushing to get more of the classics reviewed here. For example, Serial Experiments Lain and Battle Angel was a blast to cover, though those are probably the oldest we've done so far. I know I've done a written review of Howl's Moving Castle, but if you're talking about a podcast discussion then I'm sure we can muster up something if you like.

Classics are important to cover because they had a flavor of their own. Often much more dark and gritty, taking the setting and writing to risky places that you just don't see anymore. Often today it's all about cute, students, schools, clubs, and moe.

Battle Angel, Armitage, Akira, etc.. just wouldn't be greenlit these days.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694

MissMurder1221
Lead Tsundere

Postby MissMurder1221 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends,
Haganai NEXT
and BAKA and TEST!!
:D!
Koneko-Chan, at your service! Image
FFXIV Advocate

Shinsen015
I Like Anime

Postby Shinsen015 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:07 pm

Hey this is Kenpham15 (or formly kenpham15). For now on I'll be using this new user name (Shinsen015).

Before submitting a potential review request, I would like to know what genres you guys enjoy watching?
Last edited by Shinsen015 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formly Kenpham15

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:18 pm

im generally open to any. i generally dislike mecha so reviewing them will likely reflect that.

Shinsen015
I Like Anime

Postby Shinsen015 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:28 pm

How do guys feel about anime shorts?

If possible, I think you should check out Voices of a Distant Star by Makoto Shinkai (Known for 5 Centimeters per Second). Its about 25 minutes long, but I think the core experience of the short is well developed to consider a watch. Yeah one of the character controls a mecha technically, but the core experience is more about the love and tragedy between the main characters rather than mech fighting. I think its impressive that essentially one guy made this short.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/voices-of-a- ... tar-521660
Last edited by Shinsen015 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formly Kenpham15

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Postby Chris » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends, (already on the list due to an embarrasing mailbag question)
Haganai NEXT
and BAKA and TEST (3/4ths through it might as well finish it now that its requested)

Voices of a Distant Star (think my brother seen this. but i can do it if not. shorts are easy)

MissMurder1221
Lead Tsundere

Postby MissMurder1221 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:15 am

SapphireWolf wrote:Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends, (already on the list due to an embarrasing mailbag question)
Haganai NEXT
and BAKA and TEST (3/4ths through it might as well finish it now that its requested)

Voices of a Distant Star (think my brother seen this. but i can do it if not. shorts are easy)

I am sorry about the mailbag question.
o(╥﹏╥)o
Koneko-Chan, at your service! Image
FFXIV Advocate