Mic Check...1...2...

Let us get to know you!
BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Re: Mic Check...1...2...

Postby BlueSpark » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:50 am

Like Eira, I wasn't around back when you were first active on the OS forum, so I never had a chance to say hi. But since you've just returned now, let's rectify that :). Your nickname is quite the enigma for me, by the way - it sounds warm and nice, yet possibly quite pain- and harmful at the same time :P.

So, a fellow member of the "feels for life" club, eh? That's the biggest draw of anime for me, too. I get to experience the emotional torrents that are noticeably absent from my real life without suffering any of the repercussions involved. Nowadays, I don't even need any incredible tearjerker scenes to make me well up - sometimes, really simple stuff hits me way harder than it probably should.
So, I've read through this thread a bit. Have you finished watching some of the drama 'classics' other members have recommended while you were gone? And if you've seen it, I'm curious: What did you think of Wolf Children?

Since this is technically a welcome post, I feel obligated to also include one of my trademark random questions: Is there a scene in anime that really impressed you in how a normally timid and cowardly character suddenly came through with unexpected bravery? (It's quite a specific question, but I hope you can think of something)

Lastly, as customary in all of my posts in this forum section, I'd be happy if you'd check out my forum game (linked in my signature) and perhaps give it a shot if it looks interesting to you :).
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Giant_Robot_Hug
I Bleed Anime

Postby Giant_Robot_Hug » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Eira wrote: Beep

Hey Eira!

I would say that while my tastes have evolved a bit over the years, they are still ultimately the same. I can't say I have watched a good tear jerker or slice of life in a while though... I guess lately I've been attracted to more action or suspense, which has left me wanting in most cases.... I need to watch something this season to counter act Goblin Slayer...

::dread::

If you are a fan of the tactical JRPGs you owe it to yourself to play through Final Fantasy Tactics. The story is easily one of the best in the genre, if not one of my favorites among all RPGs in general. I don't find myself with much time these days to dive deep into games, but I am always up for a good recommendation! What's you're favorite?

I can't promise I will be super active, but I will do my best. I'm always up for some new friends to talk Otaku with!

BlueSpark wrote: Boop

Haha! I'm glad you like the name. It was honestly the most random thing I just came up with when creating the account here.

Ah, Wolf Children is a masterpiece. Best anime mom, hands down. I can't say I have been able to go back and watch much old stuff though. I keep putting things that people recommend to me on the ole CR queue, but unfortunately I struggle to even keep up with the 3-5 shows that I am watching for my podcast! Old man with life getting in the way... haha

I don't have an answer for your question now, but it's got me thinking... ill have to get back to you!

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:10 am

Giant_Robot_Hug wrote:If you are a fan of the tactical JRPGs you owe it to yourself to play through Final Fantasy Tactics. The story is easily one of the best in the genre, if not one of my favorites among all RPGs in general. I don't find myself with much time these days to dive deep into games, but I am always up for a good recommendation! What's you're favorite?

I do plan to play Final Fantasy Tactics eventually, I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. As for my favourite I really don’t know, I guess the first one that comes to mind would be Advance Wars: Duel Strike, have you played any of the AW games? If I had more time to think about it then maybe I’d come up with a different answer but that’s a really good game and I have no issue saying it’s my favourite.

Giant_Robot_Hug wrote:I can't promise I will be super active, but I will do my best. I'm always up for some new friends to talk Otaku with!

Yer don’t sweet to much, look forward to seeing you around.
Feels silly that I even have to say this but I feel I have to. Literally everything I say is just my opinion.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560

BlueSpark
I Bleed Anime

Postby BlueSpark » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:04 am

Giant_Robot_Hug wrote:Ah, Wolf Children is a masterpiece. Best anime mom, hands down.
She is, isn't she? The main reason I brought up the movie was to see whether you responded to it as strongly as I did emotionally. The final scene with Hana and Ame and the entire credits sequence threaten to drown me in my own tears every time I watch the movie. It's just so beautifully bittersweet that I can't stop the tears for like 5 minutes straight ::terrible::.

Giant_Robot_Hug wrote:Old man with life getting in the way... haha
I feel you, adult life can be tough ;). I'm in a rather fortunate position with fixed work hours, a very short commute, and few obligations in general, so I have plenty of time for my hobbies in the evening. And I don't even care for watching airing shows :P. Make no mistake, I appreciate my circumstances a lot. I know the single life isn't for everyone, but it's been treating me rather well.

Eira wrote:Yer don’t sweet to much, look forward to seeing you around.
That's a "sweet" typo right there ;). Took me a while to figure out what you actually meant :D.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!

Eira
Anime Junky

Postby Eira » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:39 am

BlueSpark wrote:
Eira wrote:Yer don’t sweet to much, look forward to seeing you around.

That's a "sweet" typo right there ;). Took me a while to figure out what you actually meant :D.

Oh gao, I always use my iPad when I make posts on here, so sometimes auto correct likes to jump in and do dumb things.
Feels silly that I even have to say this but I feel I have to. Literally everything I say is just my opinion.

MAL: https://myanimelist.net/profile/Eira_99
Feel free to add me on Discord for more chat form discussions: One True Eira#1560