313) She Didn't Drink Tea!

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

313) She Didn't Drink Tea!

Post by Andrew »

The news flow strikes back up in the previous weeks offering plenty to discuss. Not only that, but a certain expo that the hosts like to dabble in now and then. Listen in to get the host’s thoughts on how everything is going down.

Topics this episode: Kemono Friends Sales, Spice and Wolf Manga Ending, Just Because Anime, Record of Grancrest War Anime, Studio Ghibli Park, Kyoto Animation Awards, Yuki Yuna Manga, J-Novel gets Clockwork Planet, Speed Racer Release Debacle, Erased Writer To New Work, Funimation Subpoena, Sound Euphonium Movies and Novels, Edge of Tomorrow Sequel, Mappa New Studio, New Project for Show By Rock, Denki-Ga Concludes, Lord Marksman and Vanadis Concludes, Unbreakable Machine Doll Concludes, Sunrise Co-Producing Cowboy Bebop Live-Action, Gurren Lagann New Release, Fate Grand Order Release Date, Sunrise Training Project, Shaft and Fireworks Movie, Irresponsible Galaxy Tylor, New Crowdfunding in Japan, New Licenses, E3 2017 Thoughts, and much more!

E3 2017 discussion runs from 56:56 to 1:51:05. If you’re not interested in Video Game Discussion, please skip accordingly!

Thanks to Hachimaki for the great questions featured in this episode!

The intro music for this episode is the OP for Fruit of Grisaia called “Rakuen no Tsubasa” by Maon Kurosaki. The outro is the ED for Kemono Friends called “Boku no Friend” by Mewhan.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2017/06/animecas ... drink-tea/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694
Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Re: 313) She Didn't Drink Tea!

Post by Mys145 »

Andrew, I recall that you couldn't get through Kill la Kill so I think you won't get through Gurren Lagann either since it has the same craziness factor that Kill la Kill had. Irresponsible Captain Tylor is great fun but it depends if you like Tylor not Taylor though.

The backlash for $900/month for the Sunrise Training program has to with that they are there from 10 am-6 pm every weekday. They still need to have another source of income/assistance and basically sleeping/drawing/working with little free time.

The pirate game that Chris was so failing to recall was Sea of Thieves by Rare. That was shown at last year's E3 while Skull and Bones from Ubisoft was this year's E3.

Super Mario Odyssey looks great. I'm glad that Metroid Prime 4 and the Metroid 2 3DS remake are a thing especially after what Nintendo did last year for Metroid's 30th anniversary. This should have been what Nintendo have done last year.
Crash Kamio
Anime Junky

Post by Crash Kamio »

Not much of a gamer but I like the E3 talk. Always cool hearing about what's coming out! Even though I'm usually stuck in nostalgia land with old ps1 games. But there's some ps3 stuff I like too! I'm never sure why Bethesda keeps re releasing Skyrim. Got the regular edition that you could download the DLC with on the Playstation network, the legendary edition that came with the DLC, an upgraded graphics version on ps4, now VR. Gotta be one big cash grab, I like the game but dang, so many versions.

I like Hachimakis thread idea too. I love extras with my releases, having a big thread dedicated to what releases have it could be fun and informative to have. Love me some bloopers, commentary, and making of stuff. Partly what justified me buying Charlotte was English dub bloopers.

Great as always, discussionals are never dull. :3
BlueSpark
Super Otaku

Post by BlueSpark »

Looks like we piled on the questions high enough for you ;). I guess having a backlog of these is sort of a luxury to you now, considering you've been lamenting the lack of podcast questions lately. I'll try to deliver some more in the near future, so brace yourselves.

I've been so out of touch with new games for a long time now... Well, I did just finish Tales of Berseria. After which I went back and reinstalled S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky. Yeah, 2008 style :P. At least now with my current hardware, the load times are acceptable.

I've always wondered why they chose a new opening theme for the Fruit of Grisaia anime instead of sticking with "Final Fractal" from the visual novel. I prefer the latter, myself.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!
Neko
Jii-San

Post by Neko »

I was wondering where the title came from.

No silent voice? ::terrible::
DieSchlachten
I Bleed Anime

Post by DieSchlachten »

BlueSpark wrote:I've been so out of touch with new games for a long time now... Well, I did just finish Tales of Berseria. After which I went back and reinstalled S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky. Yeah, 2008 style :P. At least now with my current hardware, the load times are acceptable.
Let me tell you something about games and load times. Examples 1-3: Sega CD, TurboDuo CD, NEO GEO CD enough said there, just ouch. Everything was still playable and not crazy long to load but fighting games were a lost cause.
Example 4: Sony Playstation. The console pretty much stayed away and vetoed games leading to long loading times. They went about this in other ways with multiple disc games i.e. Final Fantasy, Resident Evil basically games with a large soundtrack and/or FMVs.
Example 5: Sega Saturn.... to combat this systems complicated insides, they created games to come with cartridge adds to the disc to cut the load times significantly i.e. King of Fighters 95
Good times.
Too-too-roo!
"We'll do some culture afterwards" -Macross (1982 Ep 36)
MyBalls
I Love Anime

Post by MyBalls »

It IS outrageous that she did not drink any tea in "Edge of Tomorrow"

I much more liked the mellow somber tone of "All You Need Is Kill".
michelous
Anime Junky

Post by michelous »

Vita only gets visual novel and jrpgs
Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Mys145 wrote: ::happy::
I'm just still not getting the problem here. They are being paid to be trained. I've never walked into a college and was told "Come enroll, we'll pay you $900 a month." No, they expect me to show up, learn, while I pay them thousands.

And of course they are drawing and working for hours each day. How else are they going to learn how to draw?
Crash Kamio wrote: ::yess::
Glad you enjoyed CK! I get into nostalgia trips on a regular basis too. Man.. that Super NES Classic Edition is calling my name..
BlueSpark wrote: ::hi::
Thanks again for the questions! How was Tales of Berseria? Keep wanting to go after Zestiria and that one >_<
MyBalls wrote: ::peace::
I agree. I think they both have their place, but I liked the more serious and focused story, rather than the fun and silly movie.
michelous wrote: ::shocked::
Sadly true. More so that JP devs are the only ones supporting it. That and indies that I couldn't care less about.
Neko wrote: ::terrible::
Haha, I'm missing the reference :P
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694
BlueSpark
Super Otaku

Post by BlueSpark »

Andrew wrote:How was Tales of Berseria? Keep wanting to go after Zestiria and that one >_<
After finally having completed the game, I'm willing to say that purely in terms of characters and story, it's my favorite out of the entire franchise. In this game, you're essentially playing as the group of 'bad guys.' But as in pretty much every Tales game, the moral spectrum has a lot of shades of grey and hardly any adversary is purely 'evil.' The same applies in reverse here.
I also liked many of the non-combat-related game mechanics such as equipment upgrading and titles. Also, the new (visual) format in which skits are presented is lovely and adds to the (already high) enjoyability of the skits which the franchise is known for.
The combat system, on the other hand, just didn't strike a chord with me. I mean, the character-specific "Break Soul" attacks are cool and innovative, and new mystic artes system is pretty awesome too, allowing you to use mystic artes more often and with fewer restrictions than before. But the 4-arte-combo style and the weakness system, both of which resemble Tales of Graces and Tales of Zestiria, are simply a pain to deal with in my opinion.

Speaking of which, Zestiria is definitely one of my least favorite Tales games (unlike Berseria, I didn't get much out of the characters and story in this one, and I liked the combat system even less than Berseria's). However, since it takes place in the same world as Berseria, I'd still recommend playing both to get the full experience since there's quite a bit of overlap in terms of lore. I'd say you can play them in either order – there's pros and cons for both, similarly to Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero.

Edit: Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention Magilou! She alone is enough of a reason for anyone to play the game if you ask me. In that regard, I almost want to say Magilou is to Tales of Berseria what Yuno Gasai is to The Future Diary. To put into perspective how much I adore her: In all my years of anime watching, I've never seen a character I would put into the "waifu" category. Magilou might just be the first one.
Know a decent number of anime characters? Check out my forum game!