65) Saving Neon Genesis Art Online

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

65) Saving Neon Genesis Art Online

Post by Andrew »

We got a lot on our mind lately, and what better way to get it out than a discussion podcast episode! In this episode we answer a few questions from the community before moving on to venting on Evangelion 3.33 and Sword Art Online’s flaws.

Special thanks to MadGunner and Lenzark from the community for asking some great questions to be answered on the podcast!

The intro for this episode is the OP for Neon Genesis Evangelion called “Cruel Angel Thesis” by Yoko Takahashi. The outro is the ED for Sword Art Online II called “Startear” by Luna Haruna.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2014/10/animecas ... rt-online/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694
MadGunner
Senpai

Re: 65) Saving Neon Genesis Art Online

Post by MadGunner »

LOL I remember now why I posted that question. It was just to hear Andrew try and pronouns Shioshishio, and my god was it glorious!! Hahah

I definitely think that if you move to an anime world you are bound by its laws and rules and you stay as you. So that means that if you want to become a civil servant in the Black Bullets world you're probably going to have to fight for the right to get your own but kicking Enju or Tina ;)
Chris
Site Co-Founder

Post by Chris »

MORE ENJU!!!!!
MadGunner
Senpai

Post by MadGunner »

If you ask you shall receive

Chris
Site Co-Founder

Post by Chris »

hard not to keep a smile from spreading across my face.
Chris
Site Co-Founder

Post by Chris »

lol andrew chose that op to put on the op of our show. talk about nostalgic.
Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Post by Mys145 »

I sorta of think there's a bigger message with Sword Art Online that's being missed in all of this. It's all about interactions between people and various MMO situations. With the first arc, you got them living in a game and adapting to it. The second arc is about how the people who play and meet up could be the people next to you in real life. The third arc is about the FPS genre and how intense those battles can have on the mind.

When you guys mention Kirito wasn't trying to save Asuna and decides to protect a guild instead, I have a different take about it. Andrew's point of view about that situation is the typical point of view that we would have, "It's just a game. Who cares about some imaginary guild in a game?" But for Kirito, he lived in a game for over two years. So can you really say that all that time didn't mean anything to him because it was a game? For him to ignore the guild would mean he would betray those last two years because he knows how games can affect people.

Chris, you do see the idol/tamer chick in the real world in Sword Art Online Extra. Sure it's mostly a clip show but it also shows how the girls do social activities outside of the game.
Logan
Super NEET IV

Post by Logan »

Silica is also in the last episode of Season one of Sword Art :) All I can say is that I didn't mind the second cour of season one. If there is a villain that I really loathe then they did something right in my opinion.

As for the direction the show is going, all I can say is what for the Mother's Rosario arc. I read the fan translated light novel and it had me misty eyed.

The one thing that I think this show needs as a whole is MORE ASUNA!! That was one of the things that made the first cour of the first season so great in my opinion was the exploration of their relationship in regards to the life or death situation that they were in. I want to see how they are adapting their relationship to the real world when they already agreed to be married.
Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Mys145 wrote:I sorta of think there's a bigger message with Sword Art Online that's being missed in all of this. It's all about interactions between people and various MMO situations. With the first arc, you got them living in a game and adapting to it. The second arc is about how the people who play and meet up could be the people next to you in real life. The third arc is about the FPS genre and how intense those battles can have on the mind.

When you guys mention Kirito wasn't trying to save Asuna and decides to protect a guild instead, I have a different take about it. Andrew's point of view about that situation is the typical point of view that we would have, "It's just a game. Who cares about some imaginary guild in a game?" But for Kirito, he lived in a game for over two years. So can you really say that all that time didn't mean anything to him because it was a game? For him to ignore the guild would mean he would betray those last two years because he knows how games can affect people.

Chris, you do see the idol/tamer chick in the real world in Sword Art Online Extra. Sure it's mostly a clip show but it also shows how the girls do social activities outside of the game.

Totally forgot about Silica in SAO Extra. Doh. But I'd have to disagree when it comes to using SAO Extra as a way of showing the girls having social activities outside of the game... They were talking about the game and their obsession with Kirito. Which is entirely my point. They are nothing outside of their time with Kirito. That said, I actually enjoyed Extra, even though it was a clip show.

I had thought about my argument about Kirito saving the guild after the recording of this podcast. The point Chris and others make about him reflecting his "protective" personality from the original SAO world is a valid point. However it quickly falls apart when it comes to how he acts everywhere else.

If he feared people dying, why does he slaughter people left and right in ALO? If he cares about people dying, why does he blast and slash people to death in GGO? I know Chris made the point about the "suicide grenade hug", but he just got done slashing tons of people in the rounds before that one. It's a flawed concept in my own opinion as I believe that mentality was left behind in the original SOA and only rehashed in GGO when dealing with Death Gun.
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694
Lenzark
Anime Junky

Post by Lenzark »

This is becoming an SAO thread very quickly. I now understand why top anime in MAL are mostly newer shows. We gotta talk about NGE more. Imo NGE >>>>>>>> SAO by a couple million years.