94) Time of Eve

Talk about the Podcast!
Andrew
Site Admin

94) Time of Eve

Post by Andrew »

The Time of Eve original net animation was a huge hit in 2008, spawning a movie that was equally impressive. Thanks to a Kickstarter effort, the Time of Eve movie reached western audiences and managed to impress even the biggest ONA fans; including ourselves! Join us as we review this movie and give our take on what makes it so special.

The spoiler discussion segment begins at the 33:10 marker. If you have not watched Time of Eve, avoid listening beyond that point.

The intro for this episode is from the soundtrack of Time of Eve called “Time of Eve” by Toru Okada. The outro is also from the soundtrack called “I Have A Dream” by kalafina. The exit for the spoiler segment is called “Code:Life” by Toru Okada.

We hope you all enjoy!
http://otakuspirit.com/2015/02/animecast-time-of-eve/
Keep Connected to OtakuSpirit: YouTube, Facebook, iTunes, Twitter, MyAnimeList
Fate Grand Order: Tsubaki 554,837,694
Andrew
Site Admin

Re: 94) Time of Eve

Post by Andrew »

I wanted to post the Discussional Podcast we recorded today but it was a bit too long to edit tonight. I'll work on getting that one up mid-week! For now, I hope you all enjoy our rambling about Time of Eve!
AbsentmindedOsaka
I Love Anime

Post by AbsentmindedOsaka »

Thank God their kickstarter campaign turned out to be a hugh success. I got the bluray and some artwork by throwing all my money at them.
"You know those tiny bubbles inside your eyes you sometimes catch? Yeah, I'm trackin' 'em down as we speak." - Ayumu 'Osaka' Kasuga

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/ivoryline
Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

AbsentmindedOsaka wrote:Thank God their kickstarter campaign turned out to be a hugh success. I got the bluray and some artwork by throwing all my money at them.
Kind of sad that I wasn't as into Kickstarter as I am now. I would have totally gone for it. Want that book. Maybe I can find an artbook online.
AbsentmindedOsaka
I Love Anime

Post by AbsentmindedOsaka »

Andrew wrote: Kind of sad that I wasn't as into Kickstarter as I am now. I would have totally gone for it. Want that book. Maybe I can find an artbook online.
I regret not getting the coffee mug and saucer set.
Spoiler:
"You know those tiny bubbles inside your eyes you sometimes catch? Yeah, I'm trackin' 'em down as we speak." - Ayumu 'Osaka' Kasuga

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/ivoryline
GamerColyn117
Anime Junky

Post by GamerColyn117 »

Another great review podcast guys! I recently just watched the Eve series, so getting to hear an in-depth discussion about it was really nice. I didn't see much of a difference between the series and the movie, other than a few minor things and that slideshow at the end. I think there are a lot of deeper themes behind this show that aren't really put out there, but if you can catch them, then the story is that much better. One thing about this show that I loved is the soundtrack. All of the songs fit the scenes and situations that they were used in.

Thanks again for another great episode guys!
Final Broadcast: August 31, 2015

Stay gold...Bang.

Mys145
I Bleed Anime

Post by Mys145 »

There was something else in between the LDH and TEX parts which was the resolution of Rikou's character arc. Speaking of him, I thought he was for androids being treated with respect but as the movie went on, he didn't seem to think that way. It threw me off. I was surprised that you guys didn't talk about
Spoiler:
How TEX was probably crying over the years about it couldn't talk to Masaki from tear trails under its eye.
I did enjoy the movie though.
Neko
Jii-San

Post by Neko »

Finished the series last night. Thanks, guys, for the suggestion, it was a beautiful and moving show.
HOMEBOUND11
Crazy About Anime

Post by HOMEBOUND11 »

When I saw your review I immediately went and watched it on Crunchyroll. And, since my birthday is right around the corner, I got the film off Amazon. Thank you both, I wouldn't have found it otherwise
Hi